Universal Ball King (by Qwiboo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by qwiboo, May 20, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=262147][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262097][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261739][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259548][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262138][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262141][​IMG][/thread][thread=262167][​IMG][/thread][thread=262180][​IMG][/thread]

Ball King

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 21st, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

2. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  3. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    #63 CanPcfstV3g, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Addicting game :)

Edit: Game crashes on an Ipad Air randomly.

Edit 2: Bought the Piggy Bank to support this wonderful game and the developer. Hopefully we will get a multiplayer mode ( real time please) soon to make the game even more addicting. :)

4. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the support and feedback!

I read all your suggestions and ideas, just don't have time to respond to everyone personally :)

Here is a little teaser for what's coming next..

[​IMG]

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Haha that looks nice! Good job :)

6. Drope SM

Drope SM Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Hey Qwiboo!
    I've been playing your game for a while and btw I have supported it with the $2,99 pig. I have gathered some ideas I had while playing to write them here to you. Here they go:

- Pokeball
    - Dragonball
    - Easter egg
    - Candy (from candy crush)
    - Chocolat
    - Hotdog
    - Turtle
    - Star
    - Disco ball (you know what to do with this)
    - Bird (angry, twitter or flappy)
    - Fireball
    - Icecube (dripping)
    - Peanut
    - Cheese
    - Lemon slice
    - Grenade (with the lock falling down)
    - Cellphone (iPhone)
    - Pacman (he can eat the White points you use to aim the ball)
    - Super mario mushroom (shows 1pt instead of 1up when you hit the basket)
    - Lightbulb (flashes)
    - Book
    - Helmets (diving, racing, knight, astronaut)

Well, I guess some of them would face some copyright issues, but maybe it's not that dificult!
    Send me some feedback of what you're thinking about!

7. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Hey! Thanks for the ideas!

As you said some of them can't be done because of copyright and trademarks, but the rest is great as well. Will definitely see if some of them can be added to the game!

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Just managed a "high" score of 23 in score challenge, putting me at #1 on my GC friends list. I was surprised to be on top since 30 of my friends have posted scores. It gets really tough when that wind kicks in. Hard to imagine getting in the triple digits like so many on the ww leaderboards have done!

Cool ideas for new balls, Drope. I thought PAC-MAN eating the dotted line-guide was especially clever =) I bought the piggy as well. Still haven't unlocked a new location, but I have several balls from each one collected. I'll keep at it.

Love the screenshot, Qwiboo!

9. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I am with you man. I have played over a hundred times and have gotten a high of 15 twice. I can get to around 10 almost every time but the wind always derails my effort. The fact that someone was able to put up 565 (high score as of right now) just blows my mind.

10. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm still working on the next update, I have so many ideas on what to add to the game it's hard to decide what to do first :)

Another image to tease you..
    [​IMG]

11. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Something needs to be done about the prize box

I have received 1 new ball out of my last 14 prizes...it's almost making me stop wanting to play the game

Something that would elevate this game to the next level would be multiplayer. You play one round of 60 seconds and the other player plays another round of 60 seconds, whoever has the highest score wins

I also want to see powerups. If you hit the ice power up then the basket freezes in place so you have 3-5 seconds of shots on the same target. You could also have a power up to speed up or slow down the movement of the ball. Another power up could be an instant fire power up +3 or +5 for all perfect shots without worrying about missing

12. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! There is a system in the game to make sure you get new ball at least every 10 boxes, but that seems to be not enough so I made it to drop the new ball 3 times more often in the next update! :)

Also there are character costumes together with 5 new balls coming in the next update. It was just submitted so should be out next week!

13. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    What do you think about the ideas for power ups and multiplayer?

Power up possibilities are endless. Another idea is a powerup that makes the basket huge?

How about multiplayer? One on One. If you lose you can challenge the player to another match. You can invite friends to matches. It would awesome but it would drain all my time.

Id gladly pay $5 for a multiplayer option

14. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Really enjoyed the new update with the new costumes and balls

I hope that you are able to add power ups and multiplayer to this game

The mechanics, graphics, and gameplay are flawless but there needs to be a little more depth

Adding in power ups with RPG style leveling of each power up would give us more to do

Adding in multiplayer and most importantly STATS to each game and career stats would be great too

I want to know how many shots I've missed total, how long I've played, etc

It is a crime that no one is as into this game as i am lol

15. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas and I'm glad to hear you like the update! :)

Online multiplayer is not planned right now as it's quite a bit of work and I want to focus on different areas of the game first. I'm working on player vs player HORSE mode and see how that feels first.

I'm also toying with idea of "trickshot levels" as a new game mode where each level would have obstacles and physics objects and you would have only one shot (or limited shots) to get the ball to the basket. Not sure how well it will fit with the game and there are also games like that already in the store so I can't promise it will make it into the game but it's something I'm currently exploring.

My todo list is crazy long and I do consider any feedback from players, but can work only on few things at a time :)

16. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I really like this game!
    gret pixel art graphics great controls
    when you get it first it pretty easy but when comes the wind effect it's a nother story
    i liked it dude

17. dragonballgamer

Jul 8, 2015
    Really enjoyed the new update with the new costumes and balls
    Will be great for if you will be consider to add a multyplayer mod
    this game is really great but with this adding feature will be even greater

18. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    HORSE and trickshot levels would be fun but please do not make it only one shot per trick shot

It gets very irritating to miss a shot and start all over in Challenge mode that is why Timed mode is so much fun

I know I would gladly pay $5 for a 1v1 multiplayer mode. Anyone else?

19. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is enjoying the new 17 balls that were in the last update! I'm working on something new but in the meantime would like you to help me out with getting the game greenlit on Steam.

Head to this link and if you think it should be on Steam please support the game http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506436364. Any help is really appreciated!

And to not just ramble, here is small preview of something new coming later on :)

[​IMG]

20. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Thanks for keeping this updated with new stuff. I hope you're finding success with this game!