Universal Ball King (by Qwiboo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by qwiboo, May 20, 2015.

1. Gaming_Ray

Gaming_Ray Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Game Programmer at Roofdog Games
    Montreal
    Really enjoying this one.

Like the others, I think stats would be pretty cool.
    Also, achievements would be nice too. (ex: X Clean Shots in a row, Super high bounce, etc)

Questions:
    - What are the stars in the top left corner about?
    - What does collecting all the letters do?

Anyway, pretty cool game, perfect for the bus ride home.

2. pimago

pimago Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Since the character I played has an afro, I was pretty worried that a pixel cop will eventually come out of that police car once one too many balls/objects land on the latter. Thankfully that doesn't happen here.

Max score 3. Never was any good at sports in schools, so it's ok I guess.

3. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely considering adding stats and also something like achievements is in the plans, can't say more ;)

The stars/cups show that you reached certain score. Like you get first (bronze) cup at 10 points, then silver cup at 30 I think and so on :) I'm not gonna tell you what collecting all the letters does as I don't want to spoil it for you, sorry ;)

No police brutality here ;) Come on, you can do better than 3!

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Any chance of future new background updates?
    Like an awesome 80s sunset Outrun-style California-ish beach one. Or an 80s ghetto court with retro grafitti Streets of Rage style?

5. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the idea to keep adding more awesome thing to throw and more environments to play in :)

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Hell yes :). Btw, I would absolutely love you forever of you could make this environment (see the picture). It's Central park in NY. I know, NY is already in the game but this one would be an epic location!

7. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    No idea why the picture didn't show in the last post..

Attached Files:

8. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    How comes you still get the simple +1 points (money) after you bought the piggy bank? Only 50% of the time I get those pink ones. Or is this the way it should work?

9. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yes that's how it should work :) It also gives you much more diamonds in the suitcase and double the diamonds for watching ads, so it's a great deal :)

10. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome game. Great graphics and gameplay. Hopefully some achievements via GC will be added in later...

11. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yes, but they won't be easy! :cool:

12. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds good to me... #

13. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    No big deal but I've noticed a few times I have shaken the prize box and won items that I already had.

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I have about five tree frogs, four save discs etc., it took me quite a while to unlock a new court, Scary House in my case, later followed by Old London. I stick with the default on since the new ones have nothing special to offer. A day/night circle or some more interactives in the background would want me to unlock them urgently, maybe, but what counts to me anyways are the great physics. Hard enough to get a simple yet perfect one-hander game in my hands, this one does it all right for very short or even longer sessions.

Ah, btw, a female character should be prior to your list if you think of Temple Run and Maddie.

15. Drope SM

Drope SM Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Qwiboo, you did it! Ball King brings for free what many paid games can't bring us. Whenever I got 30 seconds my finger knows exactly where to tap to have some fun.
    Thanks for bringing this solid experience: the physics, the art, the details... Everything about this is good!
    Just one suggestion: I think that the game deserves a soundtrack, just to make it even more complete!

16. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #56 fabianb, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Oh btw, for the multiplayer part, you should take a look at Tip-Off Basketball. That multiplayer works really well (or worked, played it years ago on my droid).

Edit: multiplayer seems dead, but the screenshots in the Appstore are maby enough to get the idea.

17. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I was so happy when I finally scored 2 :)

The game is sweet, and I like how the choice of the ball also affects the environment.

The obstacle looks confusing... What if it was something more closely related to the game world, like a bird, or a cloud, or a coconut? Just my idea.

18. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I haven't enjoyed a simple basketball game this much since Star Dunk. Nice work!

19. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Love this game! It's so compulsively re-playable.

I need to get more Toucharcade peeps in my gamecenter list so hit me up for some competition..."Zevious Zoquis"

I only have AndyC on my list and I just moved ahead of him on the timetrial board :D

20. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Great game. Just the simple but addictive game I'm looking for on iOS. How long did it take you to make it?