Universal Baldur’s Gate - Dark Alliance (by Interplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 7, 2023.

1. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Really interesting yeah it’s not a very graphic intense game but a good port of the old ps2 era I’m loving it so far

Hawkster59 and sebgo like this.
  2. awwe

awwe Member

May 21, 2015
    Loving this game. So perfect. Premium to buy and solid gameplay and graphics and backbone controller support. Big thanks to the developers for bringing this game to ios.

i forget that i play on my phone, a solid ps2 conversion. Hopeful that more will come.

But one caveat, its rather dark. Would like to set the contrast in the settings. The brightness option makes it rather dull looking sometimes

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Incredibly annoying for those of us who bought it but it’s already on sale for $4.99.

Going to try for a refund though I probably won’t get it.

4. subgenious

subgenious New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Anyone have issues or input on handling the camera in touch mode? It likes to auto-rotate so much, and often during the middle of a fight, that I spend as much time fighting the camera as I do the enemies. Super annoying. Can it be turned off?

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Most games will go on sale at some point, I'm quite happy for the devs to have the full cost from me. I'm happy as hell this is on iOS with me at all times ! Hope we get more games like this so hope its a success

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    They do but it’s not cool to have a price drop within two weeks of it being released.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal. But it’s definitely not cool, especially for a game that was released with essentially no marketing — if sales are bad, they can, you know, let people know it came out :p.

8. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Got this but can’t work out how to use the recall potion… doesn’t let me equip and no option to use from inventory. Anyone know?

9. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    If you have the potion, go to pause menu, you’ll have the recall option.

10. Charles Elwood Gay III

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Man, that was killing me too for at least 45 minutes, I thought how can everything else seem so spot on yet they completely botch this major game feature. I was tearing my beard for sure. But I got it at last, the pause menu as homeboy says.

11. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    It’s brilliant, but there’s a bug in act 2. I’m playing with my kid (I’m the sorceress and he’s the archer) and we tried clicking one of the dwarf corpses to try and grab something important and quest-related but ugh, it keeps crashing. :(