Universal BADLAND - (by Frogmind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Johannes Vuorinen

May 30, 2012
    Programmer & Designer / Co-founder
    Finland
    We just updated the game with new bizarre DAYDREAM levels.

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiEf2NzBxMw&hd=1

Also, over 20M players have played Badland across the platforms. We are so grateful and lucky to keep on developing the game and the universe we love to develop. Thank you all!

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game just keeps getting better

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Many many thanks for even more free and quality content! :)

4. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Guys how do I get the new levels? Sorry for the dumb question :/

5. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #545 Intendro, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    On the screen where you choose Day 1 or Day 2, go left (by swiping right).

The level sets say "free trial," but one is currently free to "buy." (At the bottom of the level select after picking the set, there's the button to buy it.)

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Open the app, select SINGLE PLAYER, swipe to the left to the EXTRAS section. You'll see the Daydream levels with a FREE TRIAL label, press that. Once you're in the Daydream level select screen, you'll see an option to GET FULL PACK with FREE next to it on the the bottom of the screen. Press that, sign in, and you're good to go.

7. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Appreciate it guys :)

8. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    @Frogmind

Thank you for bringing BADLAND GOTY Edition to Steam!
    I got BL for free on iOS long time ago in one of yours promotions and after seeing how lovely and level/feature packed it is I felt quiet guilty.. Will cap it on Steam same second it gets released.

9. dudewad1

dudewad1 Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Has anyone been able to achieve the "Collect All Powerups" goal in the Nest level of Daydream?

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok so I had this on android and seeing there would be a level editor, I've now got it on IOS. I love the dev team anyways. Money well spent. I look forward to see other peoples levels. It will be fun and interesting!

I'm going to make a level dedicated to the touch arcade review team that can't be beaten unless you go through a lot of hoops.

Hehe

Billy

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    the BIG updates is live!

Although i can't try it.The damn app store is PAINFULLY slow today,it's updating for more than an hour now and still just arround 5% downloaded...apple :rolleyes:

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here... This time im pretty sure it isnt my internet provider. Something froggy going on with the apple servers.

13. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    man...when was my post?I'm at about 35-40% now."Just"another 5-6 hours and i'm done with the 161 MB. :D

I've read somewhere the store is "busy"today,right after the keynote,but jeez...that's really not a new situation for apple and iOS9 is not even out yet :rolleyes:

14. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Since nothing went on i stopped the dl and researched a little.Setting up the DNS in the WiFi settings to googles public DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) HELPED.I downloaded Badland completely (i even deleted it before i found this out) in about a minute now!! :)

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's all been give for me everything downloaded as normal and quickly.

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #557 Montanx, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    This is pretty funny. This update could have been released as its own standalone game and they could have charged 5 bucks for it easy. To have a never ending source of levels and an editor to share with other players? Complete insanity.

Dedicated players could spent an obcene amount of time making a level and im positive they will.

18. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yep,this is the absolutely opposite"business model" of what we are used to these days.The (FREE) support for this game is mind blowing!Big thanks and kudos to the devs!!

And since this is (still) one of the most polished and bug free games (or apps in general) in the store,Apple should hire them right away and throw a lot of $$ at them :)

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Agree with others, this can have easily been a stand alone game, it's increased the games already very generous content by lots.

I like the Eternal Day. It gives you another reason to check back back because it will be different each week.

Super Mario Maker is out in the UK today, that seems to offer a similar mechanic, but charges £35. I'm not comparing the two as like for like, just as an example of the quality and massive amount of high quality content for such a low price.

There's some very creative designs so far, my fave though is amazeballs.

20. Johannes Vuorinen

May 30, 2012
    Programmer & Designer / Co-founder
    Finland
    We just updated BADLAND with 3D Touch support. It works amazingly well in the gameplay and gives very precise control to flying.

In addition, there's a new tool in the Editor: Force object which allows you to give any kind of additional forces to individual objects allowing new kind of puzzles and tricks to be created.

There are now 15k player created levels with the Editor. Amazing!!

Full changelog:
    Update #25 brings new features and improvements:
    - 3D Touch support for iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus!
    * Super precise flying using touch
    * Quick actions added to home screen icon to quickly continue playing the single player and the editor
    - New editor tool: Force object
    * Apply additional forces to any kind of object allowing totally new kind of puzzles and gameplay
    - Eternal Day Game Center leaderboards now work properly
    - Labels and fillers can now be set to be drawn either on top or behind of everything
    - Non-player Clones added to levels are now able to pickup power-ups
    - iPhone 4 does not crash anymore in the editor
    - Improved iPad Mini 4 performance
    - Lots of fixes and improvements in the editor based on your feedback