Universal BADLAND 2 (by Frogmind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fabianb, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Rahmat Ali

Rahmat Ali Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Business
    Malaysia
    This is amazing

Best mobile gaming so far #

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I have a question for the developer, Some missions are just too hard for me, but I really wanna complete the game, so I want to ask if you could make something like buy a mission that is too hard for let's say 50 clones, is this possible or not, just asking.

The game is great by the way, so much variety and new ideas, every level is just wow.

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Keep at it. There are checkpoints for every little trap so you can keep trying to get it right.

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    I feel that buying your way to complete the game is worthless. It's not as if you are being locked out of anything by not completing those missions, so it's a no-no for me. BADLAND is a premium game which rewards you based on skill, and not like those money sucking games that tries to persuade you to pay to win.

My advice is to simply play it through many times over. Some levels like Turre initially feel like they are just luck levels, but you can develop a solid strategy to nail those one try missions.

Oh btw, my suggestion is to nail those one tries first. The clone saving missions are less stressful. And the one try mission for STOP is currently impossible due to a bug, so leave that alone for now.

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I wish I could just skip checkpoints at the moment... (like I just discovered you can do in the first Badland). It totally feels like cheating, and I wish there was a way Badland 1 would indicate that I haven't really finished a level (so I can try it again later when my skills perhaps have improved), but I'm stuck in level 3-10 now and I'm not sure if I'm able to finish this level.

6. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    #66 Johnny1st, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Mission Screen

What is the first round empty space, you can see on the Mission Screen (when you play a level a second time), for ? I first thought that's the indicator for levels you finish with one try, but nope. I miss that feature.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished level 3-10, what section do you mean Lena, the portals with the blue on the side that shoot out bombs, that was tricky, but the last portal you go behind it and line it up to shoot the exit clear, if that is the part you mean.

Happy new year Lena by the way Ha ha, still remember dancing around the Leaderboard in Bobbing, that where the good times.

8. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #68 Montanx, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    I'd play a whole game with just the ball rolly mode.

9. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    Hey Lena !
    Here is my letsplay on Blaze (3-10), hope it will help you finish it in 1 try too ! :)
    http://youtu.be/jfyyZTN-t54

Badland is not hard. Missions are challenging, but not impossible if you found the "logic" in each level.

Check my Youtube channel if you need more letsplay to save a lot of clones in each level !

Saved my 1791th clone tonight !
    Now I just need 9 more clones to get the 1800 impossible record ! :)

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Any idea when for Android? Thanks!

11. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I'm always lurking on these forums and I value your input here at TA. I can't tell you how many games I've tried based on your comments, but it's a few at least.
    But this has got to one of your worst ideas in my opinion. Once you start implementing pay to win in a game, it's a very slippery slope. I haven't played the game yet but am looking forward to it.
    I never had the ability to clear the first one and have no doubt that it'll be the same story with the sequel. Still the original was great fun, and I'm guessing this is also.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #72 ROGER-NL, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Not pay to win exactly, you need 50 clones for one mission to skip, you have to earn them ingame, I have now 569 clones saved, so that would like be eleven skips, but it was just a thought, the game is great as it is, the difficulty and sometimes frustration could turn Some players off, that's all I have to say.

I stopped playing the first game because the missions where too hard to achieve, I have much respect for players who have reach all the missions, but let me tell you that are not more than 1000 players out of the millions I aspect.

13. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Oh wait a sec, I think I'm confused. By missions you mean the in level achievements like "survive with x minions, pass on 1 try," etc? Or do you mean just getting to the end of each level?

All I do is just get through each level. I never bother even looking at the missions or achievements cuz they are way too hard. I just play the game to play it and get to the end of the levels and enjoy the traps.

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, the in level achievements I mean of course, getting to the end of each level is easy enough, but getting the missions that's another cake.

There way too hard for most people, only the real die hards are getting all missions and those are few people I am sure.

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Happy new year to you too Roger! I'm glad you're still here :)

Thanks for the video 19civciV and very impressive! I'm afraid the problem isn't that I don't know what to do, it's just that I lack the skill (or the steady fingers). I was stuck for a while on the avoid-pressing-buttons-part and then got stuck on the falling-down-while-stuck-on-sticky-thing part. I then pressed "restart from checkpoint" and somehow the whole level restarted, and I gave up (for now).

16. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ok lol thought so. I never look at them so I was in the wrong frame of mind. Was thinking geez you can't make it to the end of the level even with those checkpoints? Yea they are really tough but show that there are multiple ways to enjoy the game. Sometimes I'll escape with a single critter and my heart is pounding and I'm fine with that.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got 30 missions, and I am number 91 on the Leaderboard with 681 clones saved, so I am fine for now Ha ha.

18. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ok just got around to playing the last level. FIENDISH traps is all I can say. My fingers and brain need a rest after that. Brilliant level design.

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The more I play this game, the more I fall in love with it, I love the online aspect.

Currently trying complete with one try on the first part, I keep getting killed at the easy parts! Lots of fun though.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi Cloudy, Happy New Year, just got all the missions on jungle except roller can't finish first yet, tried more than 70 times it's really hard, it bums me out a bit Ha ha.