Universal BADLAND 2 (by Frogmind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fabianb, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I know I'm a badland fanboy of sorts but I can't help myself. Every level leaves me gasping and amazed more than the previous. Diabolical is the only word to describe the traps and little scenarios you get into. That feeling when you have a ton of critters and zoom through an area and only 2 come out alive. Then spears shoot at you and you barely dodge the last while your other guy gets skewered and your one critter moves on to the next trap. There are checkpoints after every trap so you are never faced with frustration of backtracking and having to re pass old traps. I'm about 25 levels in. Every new gameplay element or trap design makes me say how the hell did they come up with this stuff. Sheer brilliance and a feast for the eyes, ears and fingers alike. Something not a lot of games can claim.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Could not say it better, this is so much better than the first one.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Right on, Montanx!

It's been a while since I played the first one, but I'm loving this! This is definitely going in my top 10 GotY picks.

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Anyone else having trouble getting the online part to work? I was able to check it out one time, but now it just hangs on the spinning gear. I'm wondering if it's related to Apple's game center bug (even though I signed in to Facebook).

5. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Does anyone have any tips how to get the 3 achievements on level 3 (clonefall).

It's a short level but the most clones I've been able to save is 105, short of 120 required. 3 stars requires 220 saved.

Is there a way to get the clones bunched up together? Mine tend to separate out into 2 or 3 sections after tight corners, even on this level which is probably the simplest level I've seen.

Thanks

6. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Yea, never worked for me. Just hangs on the gear.

7. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Amazing game, after half an hour I made a special spot on my GOTY list too.

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Yes, tap on the left side to flap to the left, tap on the right to flap to the right, and hold both sides together to go straight up. This is also why I assume there is no same device multiplayer.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You need to get those two orange things to get smaller right after the start they are close too each other one left one right, without them your not going to do it, my score is 195 at the moment.

10. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Didn't notice those, thanks.
    I found another critical shrinking power-up near the bottom.Best is now 180.

11. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    Try to keep your clones grouped, in the way there is wood parts without any spike : try to tap on them to make a collumn with your clones and pass the smaller ways !

You need to collect all the Smaller powerups to get the 3 missions :)

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got the Clone Fall 224, wow that's just great.

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #54 orangecan, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Are the online options working for everyone? When I go into the screen it just pops up with a loading cog and hangs - I've no issues with the Internet or anything....

Air 2 latest iOS.

Also just to add from the PoV of someone who really didn't like the first one that much, this is amazing

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I mentioned the same issue on the previous page. Really sucks.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Sorry I did reckon to check to see if anyone else had mentioned it but I must have just missed your post!

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    This statement sold me on the game. Didn't "love" the first one but this one seems great so far!

17. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Wow! This game is really good. They took everything that was good from the first and turned up to 11. I honestly didn't really care for the first but this game is so awesome. Kudos to these devs for upping the ante in every way imaginable.

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here, I played the first game till the finish, but did not care much for the achievements in the game, now I am going for the achievemets Some are really hard, but I will keep on it.

The first game was a bit frustrating, I don't feel that with this part two.

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Only. To iced this at 1am, bought straight away and was very excited. Didn't dare open it as I knew daughter would have me up early and I'd have been on it all night lol.