Universal Bad North: Jotunn Edition (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Oct 15, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #81 ste86uk, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    I already got it refunded once I’m not sure if you can twice on the same app? You’d think with error tracking they added they would get a log whenever it happens and see what happened?

Or with the mention of GC changes why not remove GC and add iCloud instead for now.

@stubbieoz Thank you for asking and letting us know what they said. I’ve purchased it again to give it another shot because I did like it.

2. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #82 ste86uk, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    My old save was still there and this time it actually worked! Although since it’s been a while I deleted it and started again, so here’s hoping it stays working for me.

Edit: also what do you all have your target frame rate on? It starts in 30 and you can change it to 60 but I guess that’ll make it heat up more? And possibly only work on higher spec devices?

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #83 ste86uk, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    The game is working very well for me when I can just play in a short burst and then need to go. I can do an island or a couple and then go when I need to and feel like I’ve accomplished something still.

It’s going really well so far I’ve made it pretty far, the thing chasing me is miles away. Does the map go on forever or do you make it to the end and then just have to do a new run with newly unlocked stuff? It doesn’t seem like it would differ that much.

Also wondering if anyone has tips for those heavy crossbow guys that launch arrows through multiple units, it seems only los works but then you can’t hit them.

Edit: I see the end is in sight but it seems odd, pretty much everything unlocked why would I play again to do exactly the same?

4. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Iphone XS Max. Stuck on the 'Start" screen after latest update. Anyone else?

mgambino likes this.
  5. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014

Same. iPhone 11.

PraetorianX likes this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Same here, seriously I don’t think I could ever buy a game from these devs again without serious convincing. This game has had issues since launch and 10 months later it still isn’t really fixed? Just another bug tracking update that makes the game stop working completely...I’m at a loss for words.

Ijipop likes this.
  7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I haven’t had any issues with this game. Love it!

But I’ll avoid the update for now. :)

8. mgambino

Aug 13, 2014
    I didn’t run into many issues before this update... maybe one or two crashes, which isn’t a big deal to me. This update completely broke the game.

... and I really, really like this game, so I hope they fix it soon.

9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHA
    I really hope they track that one...

ste86uk likes this.
  10. mgambino

Aug 13, 2014
    Ironically, the game freezes before you can click the option to agree to error tracking.

stubbieoz, ste86uk and Ijipop like this.
  11. PraetorianX

Feb 1, 2011
    got twitter response from them:
    "Hey. Sorry about this, we have someone looking into the issue and will be updating again ASAP'"

Ijipop and stubbieoz like this.
  12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    After the patch, the game is playable for me.

ste86uk likes this.
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Same here working again, although it says I haven’t played for 129 days.

14. PraetorianX

Feb 1, 2011
    Same thing again. Stuck on Start screen…

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Quit the game, restart the iPad and start it again ...

PraetorianX likes this.
  16. PraetorianX

Feb 1, 2011
    Me thinks it has something to do with Game Center, as turning off "connect with friends" in settings fixed it. Weird.

17. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Never tried this but for some reason I want to now. Going to pick it up and give a try later. Hopefully it works lol

PraetorianX likes this.
  18. PraetorianX

Feb 1, 2011
    Combat mechanics, visual style, sounds - I love this game.

elcrazy likes this.
  19. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    So I do really like it so far. I’m pretty far into a good game at the moment. Took me a min to figure out what some stuff meant. Doesn’t seem to be any tutorial really. So I missed some things the first time around. But I seem to get it all now. My only issue I think would be is at first I played and found some stuff (items and units) but I died and didn’t unlock anything. I figured it would unlock making next runs easier until you make it all the way. Like many rougelikes work. But nothing unlocked. I think you have to beat the game with what you have found. So my issue is, I’m now on my third try. I think I will beat it this time and I have basically found almost everything in one play through. So I’m not sure how much replay value there is. Or would I even want to replay it with my new starting times and units if I beat it already without any of that.
    Nonetheless it’s for sure worth the price. Fun game. Good atmosphere like the graphics and sounds. Everything comes together nicely. And every level is it’s own short little island. Makes it very accessible and easy to pick up for 5mins here and there it even a longer game session for an hour.

Edit: Big fan of the archers. They kick some ass !! There is some good tactics and fun all on a mini board and quick session. Pretty good game. I think I just wish there was more to unlock. Or I wouldn’t do It all in 1 or maybe 2 play throughs. So that’s a good complaint really.

PraetorianX likes this.