Universal Backflip Madness (by Gamesoul Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamesoul Studio, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I accidentally found a hidden feature, which makes the game much more fun. I'll put it as a spoiler for anyone who wants to find it themselves...

if you tap the screen quickly 5 times, you will turn on lunar gravity, which means you can jump for miles. Tap 5 times again to turn it off again.

2. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    It is fun but its only in free mode (and was posted by the dev on page 3 of this thread)

Don't know how people are getting those high scores in Game Center?

3. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Oh, I didn't see that post. :p

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd really love a level editor. Shouldn't be too difficult as you can move stuff already in free play. Add the ability to place your own landing markers and you're on to a winner.

I'd like to see more difficult challenges too, flipping over more obstacles, landing on benches, etc. As for level ideas I was thinking about environmental hazards, such as a tank of water, fire, etc. There's really no limit, I'd have fun vautling over spikes, chainsaws and grizzly bears if they were put into the game.

I was also wondering if moving obstacles would be possible. Imagine having to flip from a platform into the back of a pickup truck, or from the top of a moving crane onto the pallette hanging from it. I think that could be really cool. Oh, and a zoo level... I wanna flip over a lion's cage :)

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I might be crazy, but I'm I the only one who's getting a happy wheels vibe? A level editer would make it feel even more like it it. Really enjoying the game so far.

7. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I really like this game but I would play it more if I could listen to podcasts at the same time. Not sure why some games allow you to do this and others don't. I turn the music and sound off but still it stops my podcast from playing.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Probably not that common is it ? I love podcasts and i love gaming but i dont do both at the same time, often like to have the sound on during a game whether thats with headphones or not.

Cant think of many games i've got which have its own volume control, most use the standard iOS buttons.

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I finally finished it.
    What a fantastic game. I hope more levels is forthcoming.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm glad people have kept this thread active, somehow missed this one before.

Great price, nice small filesize, videos looked great so just bought it. Reminds me 'slightly' of the horse event in Hyper Sports where you had to jump at the right time, somersault and then land on your feet.

Looking forward to playing this a lot later

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    13k bro
    On the last level if you do multiple flips and tricks you can score big. That's how people are getting those high scores

12. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Found a bug,Don't know if anyone has done this before.

Attached Files:

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That's not a bug, you've just turned lunar gravity on

14. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012

THANK YOU. I've been hitting the mat on the left for the last one to no avail.

15. StuLloyd

StuLloyd Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Melbourne
    Hey Stu here (aka Poontabbi and co-founder of Wizzle Wazzle), i'm finding this game quite addictive, play it way too much, so much infact that I broke 17k and i'm now #1 on game centre, cooooool! So thought I would share some tips on how I play (obv only a matter of time before someone finds a better way i guess).

For my first trick I enable "move 3"(the bent back knees) and for the second I enable "Move 1"(hugging knees). Then I squat and quickly triple tap so that i am spinning while using the second trick (you pretty much don't see the first trick happen). If you get this timing right, then sometimes you can spin at wild speeds and it is possible to land double backflips from the ground (usually around 1400 points). On the canyon, i've almost landed 5 backflips on the last ledge.

Hope it helps ;)

16. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #56 grits, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    I use the same technique. It's actually possible to a double backflip from a standing position. And on some of the drops you can do a tripple flip which gives you 2100 points. Actually I did one on the very first canyon jump somehow.

17. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks for the tips :) I'll give them a go.

18. Gamesoul Studio

Jun 9, 2011
    Male
    Game Developer
    Poland
    OK guys, another easter egg for TA forums users - Wilhelm scream:eek:

1. Be sure that you have a large distance from the ground (about 3 meters/10 feet)
    2. Press action button one time (just bend your knees)
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

WS - 25% chance while falling

Thanks for your support!

19. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I know that,But I flew out of the gym area.

20. TiltStudios

TiltStudios Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Just beat the game. Woo! Clever little thing.