iPhone Back to the Future Ep 1 HD - (by Telltale)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I haven't run this game on the iPad 2 yet but I did try Sam and max which I would assume is the same engine. Originally the opening sequence with Sam and max looked like it was in the single digit fps. But with the iPad 2 it was very smooth. Maybe not necessarily 60fps smooth but definitely around 30 minimum.

It should be the same with this game.

2. Markomcm

Markomcm Active Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Run great on ipad2

Lip synch is the tinniest fraction off but definitely very smooth on the ipad2

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Back to the Future is smooth on the iPad 2. It looks like it can reach territory around 60 frames per second, but chugs every once in a while. I just wish that Telltale would release an update that enables AA on the iPad 2, all of the jaggies bother me. Higher quality textures wouldn't hurt either.

4. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Now FREE.

5. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh and the App Store is Down! Lols :p

6. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Can't tell if that was sarcasm or not but it's legit. Straight from telltales twitter. They also said esisode 4 is available

7. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Just found out about episode 4. There was no notification of this one so took me by surprise. Episode 3 only came out last week - a bit soon for 4 but never mind.

Only 1 left now. Can't wait !!

Runs great on my iPad 2.

App store is working if you use your device. It's not working if you use the pc/laptop.

8. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Ohh sorry it really is down... :(

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Thanks! Grabbed this free and Hector half price ... If they play better than max and Sam, I will go mall the way!

10. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    For anyone itching to grab his awesome freebie and because of app store problems can't, the App store is ok if you browse using an iOS device, for all those with problems browsing on a Mac or pc.

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    not showing for free over here :(

12. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    It's free on Aussie App Store.

13. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    It was nice that it was free briefly - I grabbed it and then it was back up to 6.99.
    I guess someone dropped the price in error, or earlier than they mant to.

14. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    No, it IS free until July 31st (7/31/2011), not June as TA's frontpage says. It's probably just an error in the server. Try browsing the App Store using your iDevice instead. Or wait a few days, you've got two months, no rush.

Personally, I think that this is a good move, they did the same think with the PC/Mac version a few months back (it's probably still free now) and I think it's much better on PC. I've played this game on a mate's iPad and it lags a lot and the textures are of worse quality than Sam and Max. Just saying.

15. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Should really be played on an iPad 2.
    No lag at all. Constant 60 fps smooth.
    I wish they would bump up the textures for the iPad 2, but stuck with poorer textures due to trying to make it work old slow devices :(

16. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Ouch... my 1st gen iPad is crying now.

17. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    No problems running here. Nothing running in the background, notifications set to off and fresh reboot. :)

18. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I bought this episode, but I'll only pay $15-$20 at most for a bundle of the rest because of the PC/Mac deals that make $35 for all 5 seem like too much.

19. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    #79 yongkykun, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    Last I checked, it's $24.99 for all 5 episodes on PC/Mac, mate. If you buy them separately, it'd be more expensive (based on Tales of Monkey Island). Funny how they sell the same set of games for more with much less quality on iPad.

EDIT: I'd just realized that even though you get the first one for free, buying the rest would still cost you more than the superior PC/Mac version! Brilliant!

20. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I already purchased this game for $6.99, so you can subtract that from $25. Though I'm pretty sure I got an email offer to buy all five PC/Mac episodes for $20.