iPhone Back to the Future Ep 1 HD - (by Telltale)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Don't do it! We want a port!

2. Mzeb75

Mzeb75 Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Retail
    Wilmington, DE.
    Finally

I've been looking forward to this game for months. I hope it's worth the wait.

3. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Get it when the second gen comes out!

My iPad is the single best thing I have bought in the last ten years, bar none ! It is one of my prize possessions. Once you buy it, you'll never be without it.

If I were you, I'd wait for iPad 2. I'll be giving my 1st gen to the kids, and standing in line on day 1 to get the new version. Can't wait.

Anyone on the fence about getting an iPad will be blown away when iPad 2 is here. Save up your cash, folks ! :D

4. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Anybody got a gameplay video yet?

5. SantanaClaus89

Aug 11, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    #25 SantanaClaus89, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    Wow are all five episodes going to be $6.99 each? I can buy the whole season right now on PC for $25.00 or PS3 for $20.00.

Has anyone heard what the pricing on the remaining four episodes are supposed to be? I'd prefer to play these on iPad but not for $10.00 - $15.00 more than I can buy it elsewhere...

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I just played the PS3 demo and all five episodes can be purchased for $20.

7. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Awesome to hear it's out. I'm Toneiiblue on the TTG forums (and Marty in the Predictions videos) for anyone who sees me on there. I haven't played through THAT much of the PC version and don't have a brilliant graphics card on the laptop I'm using in China so will give this a go!!!

8. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    So what about the iPhone 4 version??!!

I've read many comments about your wonderful iPads but there is still no answer about the iPhone version!! :mad:

9. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Has anyone played this yet? Impressions!!!

10. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Well, the answer is obvious: There is no iPhone version. And as there is no iPhone version of "Sam & Max Episode 1" as well, there probably will never be an iPhone version of this game.

BTW, this is the iPad forum.

11. wildcardd

wildcardd Member

Apr 16, 2009
    They haven't announced an iPhone version and have said on their developers forums that it would be difficult with the lack of real estate on the iphone.

You should check out their forums and ask the question there.

www.telltalegames.com

12. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    I've been mulling this over. I really wouldn't mind playing the game but knowing it's cheaper on consoles and that there will be the inevitable price drop added to the fact that we're later to the party is stopping me from making the purchase. There are just too many truly great games just out for me to make this feel special. Had it been $3.99 or even maybe $4.99 it would have probably been an irresistible proposition. One more thing...we still haven't seen hide nor hair of Sam and Max since episode 1. Much as I enjoy Telltale games they don't inspire an awful lot of confidence in me. Who knows if we'll even get the other episodes. If they had them all ready and plopped them out -one every two weeks at $3.99 surely they would make more money from this game, in keeping people interested. They could sell the season (separate app) with episodic downloadable content in-app and just drop them in bi-weekly unlocked to the account like with magazines such as focus. My 2c.
    Right now judging by this forum there ain't a whole lotta interest.

13. philo

philo Member

Feb 17, 2011
    I bought this on my mac as soon as it became available. If I had an iPad, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

First chapter is good fun - As a huge BTTF fan, I was pretty impressed although there we're some elements that sat a little uncomfortably though - I guess that's always going to be the way with a franchise like this though.

I don't think I'd want to play this on the iPhone though, not unless they improved the control system and even then, I don't think point and clicks are rally suitable for such small screens (unless they've been developed specifically).

14. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    After 4 iPhones & 4 iPods I bought one iPad and could never imagine going back to the smaller screen. Even the icons look dinky. I got out of the iPhone game just in time. I hate when two carriers have to have so many variations....iPhone will quickly be the "motorola razor" of the future.

Not to mention iPad has backward compatiblity on all apps.

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Even after a reboot etc. this game is often so laggy, that it makes you lose interest. The running-mechanic is annoying as well. Apart from that it is a good game with a fun story that is full of nostalgic moments for BTTF-fans. :)

16. Bigdogs

Bigdogs Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Graphics very beautiful!

17. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Graphics you like yes...?

18. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #38 Bad Hanson, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    What are you going on about? I'm wondering how you are managing to make phonecalls with your iPad??? They both have their strengths. I like my iPad but if I had to choose I'd stick with my iPhone 4 -it's fast, has more RAM, much cleaner display and fits in my pocket and is a great device overall. But then again bear in mind folks I have limited 'iOS knowledge' :)

19. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Holy crap! I might have soiled myself!

I found this on PSN for 19.99 for all five episodes one each month and am playing it only LED HD 50 inch T.V and am in heaven. So far I love it and if I had a IPad and not only a iPod I would by this again to have on it for the go. As someone who grew up on these movies I almost actually had a accident in my pants I was so happy to see this available on my PS3 and it plays and looks crazy good in 50 inches of HD love. The thing that really takes you back and gives me that im 8 again feeling is the music in the game. It gave me goosebumps and made me feel like I was 8 again with all the imagination in the world flowing trough my mind like when I watched BTTF for the first time. iPad owners should get this and if you own a PS3 get it because it's awesome on a big T.V and some loud surround sound.

20. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    but nobodys yet reviewed it, and theres no stars to the thread.

i'm also waiting to purchase it, but whats it actually like? is it good? is it fantastic?

thanks