iPad Babylonian Twins - The Quest for Peace in Ancient Iraq

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touchgamer3g, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #161 Gabrien, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    Game Impressions

Got this at the sale price a short while ago, think it's generally a decent game but do have a couple of serious issues with it which most likely will see me growing tired of it quickly:

1. All the back (and forth and back and forth) tracking. I simply don't find it enjoyable to constantly have to do this through drawn-out and deserted levels. It simply isn't fun. I understand the game mechanic of controlling the two brothers separately calls for it, but please think for a moment and ask yourself this: why is it there? What would this game lose, exactly, in 95% of gameplay instances if you had one character to control who posessed the combined skills of both? Is the odd "stand on switch" puzzle (if it can be called that) worth it? A mace can break a jar but a sword can't? Really?

2. A game like this should not have "lives" and should not make you restart a level from the beginning should you lose them. That's "old school" in all kinds of bad ways. It isn't an "action" platformer in the vein of Mario or Sonic. The fun is in exploring here, uncovering secrets. The fun is there only in their initial discovery. Being made to go through the motions all over again is frustrating and redundant.

EDIT: I played through another couple of levels, and must concede there's more to the two character mechanic than just activating switches. Certain puzzles appear to be built around it, so granted my first point is weak. I still find the backtracking dull however, but it is not wholly a case of the mechanic being just a gimmick as first appeared to me.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #162 Matt33, Apr 22, 2010
    Hello everyone,

Finally I can come here now that I've finished this game, including finding all of the treasures on my own!

What a fantastic game, I must say. I've never seen such clever and expansive levels in a platformer in the app store.

To tackle the task of finding all of the treasures, I thought the only logical way to go about it would be to keep a record of the levels that I found them in. It really came in handy when trying to find my last item (Naram-Suen.) I found it rather funny that the 'one to get' treasure was one I came across rather easily after finding myself at a certain spot during the level.

I'd be more than happy to help all of you with treasures you're struggling with, so here's a list of levels that contain a hidden item, and which item it is.

SPOILERS BELOW

THE HOLY GARDENS
    The palm tree grove - lyres of ur

ASSYRIA
    the ruined palace - tell asmar sculpture
    the lion hunt - naram-suen
    the resting bull - ram in a thicket

PROCESSION STREET
    the old neighborhood - cuneiform

TOWER OF BABYLON
    the flower wall - head of gudea
    the endless loop - hammurabi
    the dragons - the standard of ur

3. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Just post where The Gift List is, cos no one else has found it :).

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    The sale will end at the next weekend?

5. trustbyte

trustbyte Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    got it! super nice.

thanks alot guys on the offer!

6. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    It is in the old neighborhood level. Clue: Blasir comes in handy when exploring rooftops horizontally.

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #167 mikeg123, Apr 22, 2010
    Nice find! I even went back to the Old Neighborhood level last night, and still didn't find it. I'll have to revisit now. I'm guessing that the treasure is up high in the middle of the level or something, because I have tried to bash through every wall I could, and I never did find a secret passage like on a couple of the other levels.

EDIT: just found it. Of course that ends up being one of the easier ones to find. I can't believe I had so much trouble.

8. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Okay I will take a look, thanks.

Or at least I hope I can take a look. I think I figured out the issue with the bug of Procession Street levels not showing up mentioned earlier. I did a full reinstall on my iPhone, and it seems the unlocking of those levels is tied fully to the OF achievements; I completed the requirements for The Striding Lions again after the reinstall but I still don't have access to it or The Old Neighbourhood.

I'll try again to make sure, then might see if I can trick it into using a new OF account.

9. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Finally I've reached to unlock all levels and to find all treasures. Thank you all for your help! Now waiting to forget the schemes of the levels and where the treasures are so I can play it again.

10. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    OpenFeint also records fastest times. I'm kind of surprised because it's not really that sort of game, but it's something else to play for :). I got a pretty fast one on The Water Source while I still thought there might be a treasure there. Still on top too!

11. Konch

Konch Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I'm embarrassed. I'm stuck right at the VERY VERY beginning. Please can someone tell me how to open the jail door. I think I'm going to go mad if I can't get out soon. :eek:

12. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i cant do the tutorial either haha

one dude can get through the door but leaves the other trapped. pretty sure its obvious but a tutorial should really hold yer hand! sigh

13. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    You can check: www.babyloniantwins.com/tutorial

This link is also included on the iTunes description page.

Did you try to touch the Stele to read the instructions? If you think there is something missing there, we can added in future update. The game basically requires you to use one character at at time to collect the 4 palm trees and then head to exit door.

14. Konch

Konch Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    It's amazing having such quick replies from a developer. I can't express how blown away I am by the whole iphone gaming community.

I'm actually stuck right at the very beginning of the first level where you have to get out of jail. I'm sure it's nothing to do with the game, just my own stupidity. I can't see the wood for the trees. Or something like that. :confused:

15. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Hi
    Head to the jumping device to the left, jump, once up in the air spin and smash the wall to the left (darker colour wall). That will lead you to the key.

Each set of levels in each world uses distinguished tiles for the weak walls and floors that you can break.

Thanks,

16. Konch

Konch Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    ZOMG Thank you so much. I hadn't realised you could do the special moves while in the air.

I know I'm only at the very very beginning but already this game looks and feels great. Thank you.

17. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    ty for the video, that was indeed helpful to know i wasnt doing anythin wrong!

for some odd reason i press the door at the end (after its unlocked) but nothin happens :( turned it off now but will try again later.

18. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Thanks for that. I can't believe I missed it on previous runs! 8/8 treasures and all is right with the world. I successfully got the Procession Street levels unlocked again by using another OF account and getting those achievements again - I'm not 100% sure it is messed up otherwise but I think the devs should make sure.

Now when I get around to it I guess the focus is on fast times.

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    You're very welcome. I don't really have any other games I haven't beaten, so I suppose I'll go for times as well next week.

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Can we cancel a dash?