iPad Babylonian Twins - The Quest for Peace in Ancient Iraq

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touchgamer3g, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    From earlier in the thread, cleaned up:
    As for that review I agree with you all it's just someone that doesn't like the genre up front. The controls are fine and the puzzles are good fun, and the level of frustration is rarely a great problem. The secrets/treasures offer replayability but you can get burned out trying so hard to find them.

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Perhaps the first quality platforming game to hit the appstore.
    Now I'm just waiting for some action-oriented platformer like Captain Claw to find its way onto iPhone.

3. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Guys, you are amazing, we have been featured by Apple under the New & Noteworthy section. Thanks all for your support.

4. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Cool. Now, about 'The Gift List' ... :D.

5. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    It is pleasure to support a fine game like this :)

6. mariano774

mariano774 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    nice to hear that, well worth it

not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but a two player option would fit very nice, team gameplay is perfect in this game :)

7. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    Congratulations on the feature. It's really nice to see such a deserving game on the front page.

I sure hope you guys will give us more projects and games to support in the future! ;)

8. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Here is a hint, no level has more than one treasure.

9. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Congrats on being featured! This game definitely deserves it.

And thanks for the hint, though I still have no clue where that treasure may be. I even tried searching for it on the tutorial level.

10. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Yay a hint. And useful at that.

Yeah I tried the tutorial level as well. Especially that end bit where the guy says "find hidden treasures along the way" ... suspicious.

11. addycatch

addycatch Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ram in thicket

Hi

Newbie, first post, so hi and thanks for having me here.

Anyways...

I'm at six of eight treasures, leaving gift list and ram in thicket. Gift list is the 'biggie' clearly, but can someone tell me which level the goat is on? Really have limited time due to work and although this is one of the earlier treasures, it's just not happening for me.

Thanks in advance.

12. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #152 foxmulderino, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    Hey all,
    I' ve purcheased this game yesterday and I have no problem until now but I have only 1 treasure!
    I would ask you all if someone can make a list of the levels where there are treasures so we can focus on those levels!
    Thank you for the attention :)

PS: thanks to all that suggested me this great platformer, despite of the negative review I've read more above.

13. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    Where are the palms in the Sitting Bull level? I looked around for some time but found NOTHING? Is it a glitch?

14. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

This game is very polished. Perfectly smooth controls and framerate and very good graphics. There are two flaws I found:
    - The game is hard not because the maze is complex but because it's hard to see breakable floors/walls/keys due to the texture of the background
    - Enemies should be permanently defeated, not temporarily stunned for 3 seconds as they are right now, after a few hits, then respawned

15. foxmulderino

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    To the developer of the game: I found a bug in Babylonian Twins!!
    I have Procession street levels but they are the same of the Holy Gardens ones! So in my game there aren't Procession street levels.
    Please help, I 've payed for the full game :(

16. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    If you haven't unlocked the Procession Street levels then tapping in that area will tend to bring up the Holy Gardens menu. See earlier in the thread for details ... in fact see below:

From earlier in the thread, cleaned up:
    I'd say that's what the issue is.

As for the treasures, I'm running through from the start again. Still no sign of The Gift List, but:

The Peace Panel is on The Palm Tree Grove
    The Square Temple Statue is on The Ruined Palace

More correct details as I get them again :).

17. foxmulderino

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Very helpful MartiNZ...thank you very much!
    As usually, I haven't read the entire thread and I think it could be a bug of the italian version of the game!
    And of course thank you for the help in the research of treasures...ok, so I delete the game for nothing lol well, it's so great I will restart it with pleasure :) anyway, in case I find the sign of The Gift List you will be the first to know ok?
    Thanks again.

18. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I knew I had a bad feeling about buying this game/trusting the dev not to go on sale. Oh well, at least it is good.

19. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Yeh this game looks pretty good but I figured I would wait for a sale. I just got the feeling this was one of those games that wouldnt sell well and therefore would be reduced in price soon. Gonna go pick it up now!

20. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #160 mikeg123, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    I have no regrets buying this game at $2.99. This game was already a steal at that price.

And I still can't find the Gift List. I still believe that it has to be somewhere on the Water Source level. There is the area to the upper right of the level, but I can't find any way to get any higher in that region (MartiNZ, I know you mentioned that you were curious about that location, too). I am still completely stumped. I even went through the tutorial and prison levels, again, with no luck in finding that last treasure. It has been hidden extremely well!

EDIT: the reason I keep thinking it is in the Water Source level is that 3 treasures were in the 3 levels of the Assyrian Palace, 3 treasures were in the 3 levels of Tower of Babylon, and 1 treasure was found in the Palm Tree Grove of the Holy Gardens. So it would be logical that the eighth treasure would be in Water Source since that is the only other level of the Holy Gardens.