iPad Babylonian Twins - The Quest for Peace in Ancient Iraq

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touchgamer3g, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Thanks. Lets hope the developer thinks so too.

2. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I noticed that, too. When I found my first treasure, I quit (or maybe died) before completing the level, and I didn't see the treasure in my treasure list anymore. However, the achievement was still unlocked.

How many treasures have you found?

That does seem odd. Though I don't really pay attention to scores in platform games. I find platformers more of a personal experience, and not a competitive one. Given that, I do understand that it adds to replaying the levels, and I have replayed a couple. ;)

3. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    5/8 and not sure where to look now. Sure, I was just hoping that it would update the total with only the additional score you got over your previous best. I haven't noticed if treasures actually give points. If so then I can at least remove The Ruined Palace from the list of treasure suspects, as I got max points for unlocking the secret level and I've never found one on there.

4. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    I think this is a good idea we might consider for the future. Thanks.

5. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
  6. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey i need your help:)

I am stuck in the holy garden level 1.

i've found three of these magic palms(one was on the right side - there where i had to find a statue to enter - the other was to the left of the waterfall and the last was on top left.

But i don't find the last one. Anybody help me?

7. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Sounds like down below where you needed the statue for, behind the door opened by the "follow the water from its source" switch. Just past the magic door.

8. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    How did you move the statue in the beginning of the level?

From 0:21 to 0:36 in the video the statue suddenly is under the golden parm tree and later on the ground switch :confused:

9. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    When you tap the icon in the upper left part of the screen the currently playing character becomes a statue while the other one (which was previously the statue) comes back to life
    so, for example, you just walk on the ground switch, tap the screen, and the other character is free to move past the opened door
    it's the main gameplay mechanic

10. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    I think that is what is getting people confused right up front. You're playing as twins and the statue is just the inactive twin at the time. You switch between them by tapping on the characters at the top-left of the game screen - that is the basis of the game and is actually curiously skipped over by the tutorial.

11. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Do you mean the area down right? there where it has a button you have to press to open a door on the left of the button? But there i don't see the palm tree. To the right of the button there is a little after also another door, but i don't know how to open it? Do you mean this?

12. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #112 jyhjyh, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Got it - now I can see it in the video - thanks.

13. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #113 jyhjyh, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I agree. It is the basic for the game and they don't explain it in the tutorial :confused:

BUT: I have now downloaded the game and look forward to play it :)

14. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    is there a hint which levels i need to finish in less than 10 minutes to unlock the secret levels?

15. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Please help me.

Where is the last palm tree in the second world level 1?(holy garden)

Someone mentioned it is somewhere corner right down? right? how to get it, cause the magic door is closed!

16. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
  17. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Sorry, it was sleep time in my timezone :).

Up the top on that level you go past a guy that says "hit the switch and follow the water from its source" and the switch is just to the left of him on a column thing. Hit it with your sword and it will activate ... and open a door. Another useful thing not covered in the tutorial :).

18. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    I'd be curious, too. And what are the secret levels? I have been playing the Endless Loop level trying to figure out how to get the pot in the upper right corner of the level. I can't find a switch or anything to open that door. So in the process of doing that, and getting the #1 score, I got an achievement opening up the second of the procession levels? I wasn't expecting that, so is that one of the secret levels?

19. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    If you look under the achievements in OF it shows the requirements for opening The Striding Lions and The ... Neighbourhood, I forget exact name, the two Procession Street levels, which are pretty much just bonus levels with a lot of gems and such and some good fun puzzle bits to boot.

Specifically, "Complete The Ruined Palace in under 10 minutes and with maximum points to unlock The Striding Lions", and "Complete The Endless Loop with maximum lives and points to unlock ..." the other one :). Which must be what you did, which means you managed to get the gems up by that pot in the top right without opening that door!? Must have been a very well aimed jump from the catapult thing.

Check the room in the bottom right for interesting switches....

20. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for the bonus level tip. Are you saying interesting switches in the Endless Loop level?

I actually didn't get those gems or pot. I thought a catapult jump might do it. And I'm guessing there is a treasure in the pot. I think I got the bonus level because I didn't die.

I just finished the Dragon level. Have you found the Standard of Ur treasure? I just found it to bring my total to 5. I got lucky to find it. In fact, if I wouldn't have randomly tried something I never would have guessed to look there.