iPad Babylonian Twins - The Quest for Peace in Ancient Iraq

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touchgamer3g, Apr 8, 2010.

1. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    This is an amazing game, and it has easily passed Gianna Sisters as the best platformer on the iPhone. I can't recommend it enough.

2. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Please, please, put all these nice comments on iTunes. We don't have any comments or ratings for Babylonian Twins there yet. This will greatly help us in our efforts. Thanks and enjoy.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #43 Coldar, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010

Consider it done. This game is definitely worth the few minutes of my time to post a most positive review for such a great game. Anyone else like to show some supportive appreciation?:)

4. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm having the same problem. I seem to have found the first, second, and fourth palm tree but not the third. I spent over an hour looking and could not find it!

5. DD7

DD7 Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Right, I can't find the third one...strange...maybe a bug or is there a special trick to unlock it...

6. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    Break the vase located after the fire burning on the ground. It contains the third palm tree (you need the morning star equipped brother to break it).

Cheers,
    f.

Attached Files:

7. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks for the tip! I would have never guessed to check in there.

8. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #48 Bad Hanson, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    Yes agreed this game deserves a few more of us to get behind it and give it a helping push. The game, Fair release pricing policy -and polish are all just right. Most Dev's are happy to make us (The Hardcore) pay more by dropping the price 'after' we buy and promote their game for them. I have just left glowing praise on the U.K. Store. It's a Page 1 app. until I finish the game. I honestly hope we can help make a difference.

9. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I really agree with you on this. It seems for the iPhone it's regular practice for devs to repeatedly screw over their customers. That's why it's super-important we support the ones who don't.

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    How are the puzzle components to the game? I want to make sure this is a somewhat complex and interesting puzzler moreso than a simple platforming/jumping and button mashing game if I buy it since it'll be the only game other than Warpgate I can afford for the next week or so.

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    It's very much like The Lost Vikings, only with two characters instead of three. The levels are pretty well designed to encourage exploration with both characters. I personally don't feel that it's quite up to the (admittedly very high) standard set by the Lost Vikings games, but it's still avery good puzzle-platformer, and well worth the three bucks.

12. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I appreciate that, Spork, and you've never steered me wrong. I played The Lost Vikings...but that was on SNES about 15 years ago, so to be honest I only remember basics. I'll get this game, but the question is whether I get it now or later since there is another game on launch sale that I'm wanting as well and I only have enough in my account for one at the moment.

13. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    Just a bit of warning, the levels are very long. THis is nice, because you get a fair amount of playtime from them, but it can also be quite frustrating to start over after investing 10+ minutes in a level. I've "ragequit" the game a few times, but I always come back for more. :p

14. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    So is there a resume function? I'm guessing you might have to start over because you make a mistake or die, not because you get a call or quit the game? (I hope).

15. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    Oh, after dying I meant (you get three extra lives, shared between the characters, per level). I haven't taken a call while playing yet, actually...

16. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    There doesn't appear to be a resume function. I was halfway through a level, and had to quit. When I started the game back up, I was at the beginning of the level. I just tested this out, again, by going into a level, moving a short distance, and the quitting -- started from the beginning.

17. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    That's my peeve too. I accidentally hit quit after half way into a level, took pains to reach where I was too, and of course I was returned to the beginning and lost all progress.

Great game, but I really wish we could resume.

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    There is a resume button at the top within the menu page. This is as far as you can go to only return to the game as once left. If any other buttons are pushed (main menu, back to map, etc) then you will start at the beginning of the level upon return.

19. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, you can resume out of pause, but it appears there's no full resume if you exit from the game.

By the way, I chose to get this...other than WarpGate (assuming it is priced at $6 or less) this will be my only purchase of the next week. And so far I'd say it is looking like a good choice!

The puzzling aspect certainly takes certain stage here as I'd hoped it would. I've only completed the tutorial and first level, but my first impression is that this is as good as everyone else is saying. I will post a review on iTunes once I've gotten a little further in.

20. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    I've left a review on iTunes yesterday. I'm Eli McCartney (no relations. ;)).

I'm thoroughly impressed with the game, and it has become my personal favorite on my iPod. I'm a pretty difficult customer - I don't buy a lot of games, I usually read a lot about them before making the transaction and I'm just not that much of a gamer in general.

When this game was released, though, I immediately pressed the Buy button and was actually looking at the download progress bar and thinking "God, this is so slow". I don't know if it's because I grew up playing games like that, and lost interest when games became "too" 3D, too short and too easy, but I just love Babylonian Twins.

About the "continue" issue, once again it's probably just me, but I think that the fact that you can't continue in the middle of a level after quitting is the way a game like this is supposed to be played. I understand that for iPhone users who need to take a call, or playing it on the bus and arriving to your station in the middle of a level, it can be rather frustrating and just not convenient, but I like the idea of having a hard old-school game like this on my iPod.

Just giving my opinion, and I won't go crazy if the team adds a continue option in an eventual update. I understand the need for one.

Oh, and as I said in my iTunes review, I love the music. Pass my admiration along to your musician, please. :)