iPad Babylonian Twins - The Quest for Peace in Ancient Iraq

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touchgamer3g, Apr 8, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    @cosmos:

AWESOME game!! I was worried the controls would disappoint me but they're perfect!! I'd say this is the best platformer I've played on iPhone (and I've played almost all of them).

Suggestions (I won't mention checkpoints as you know about it already):
    1. Screen flip
    2. 'Close' button on some interface. For example, when viewing the controls tutorial, there are only left and right arrows but once we get to the third / final screen, there's no button to close. Of course I did tap the empty space on the right and it closes, but it's perhaps clearer if you have a little 'x' or 'close' button? Similar with the speech bubble from the statues on tutorial level. I don't know how to close them, I tried to tap on / outside the box yet they didn't close.

That's all really, since everything else is perfect. I love how some enemies can't die, makes me so afraid of them! And I also love how everything is subtle, not 'in your face' with big arrows pointing where to go. Enemies like bats can be overlooked, breakable walls can be overlooked, but to me that's a nice touch as it's more explorative and less 'A to B'.

It's just beautiful the way it is now :)

It's game like this that I don't want to finish. I just hate that feeling of 'completing' the game.

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Did anyone play the amiga version? That just looks so... hard!

1:15 -> how can you tell if the wall is breakable or not?

2:43 - 2:48 -> I can't do that on the iPhone?

3. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated and glad you liked the game. Now time to write that feedback on iTunes.

Screen flip is already scheduled for next update. We will also consider the close button.

4. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010

You are right, Amiga version is much more difficult, you can not tell what wall or ground is breakable. This is in line with the game we got inspiration from (Konimi's Maze of Galious). We simplified the game a lot on the iPhone.

And yes, you can not do that move on the iPhone. We couldn't find an easy way to do it with the current touch controls since you have two fingers used at a time on iPhone. That move requires dpad and two buttons.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Wow haha

No floor/wall discoloration/cracks to make it easier.

And using dash to reach top corners to find hidden keys? If that was an iphone spot, there would be a treasure there xD

Can't imagine how hard finding treasures would be at that difficulty..

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    +1! I felt the same exact way about this game. I guess that is one reason I took the time to find all of the treasures. I'm usually not one to go after all if the extras like that (and achievements), but I didn't want to stop playing.

@cosmos: any chance we'll see new level sets in the future?

7. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I liked this game at first. Now it is just lame. It needs checkpoints or something because when I play I like to play for only a short bit, then come back. Not have to sit here and do a whole level. Ughhhh.

8. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    We do have levels in the pipeline. We are waiting to see how much momentum such explorative puzzle game will have among the iPhone community, based on that we will decide how we gonna release the new levels. i.e free updates, in-app purchase...etc.

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Is that an order? :p

When will the next update come out? I might as well stop playing and wait until it arrives because playing with earphones is much better, but at the moment it's less comfortable.

10. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    I think that is how most iPhone gaming is like, pick up and play. I have the same feeling, I could not find the last tree in a level and ended up dying and had to restart the whole level. After that I just turned it off. Otherwise I am really enjoying the game!

11. newbiegamer

newbiegamer New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Well, I got that and I got through that wall, but now I have the key and I see where the floor is dark, but the brother i have only goes through walls, not floors. What am I missing

thx

12. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm not sure where this is at, but I'm thinking go back up to the other side of the gate and swap which brother is holding down the button, then take the floor smashing one through the gate. The key can be used by either once you have it.

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #193 Matt33, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    What are you high scoring types' OF names? I'm wondering if the top ranked people are in this thread.

Also, cosmos, would you consider swapping out the 'total game score' openfeint category, with 'total level times'?
    To improve your game score, all you have to do is run around collecting coins and such- not very difficult to do.

I have the same beef with the giana sister game score, which is almost identical to yours. I just don't feel that it takes enough skill for that to be an openfeint category, unlike going for a fast time.

14. cosmos

cosmos Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Thats a good suggestion. Thanks.

15. newbiegamer

newbiegamer New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    OK, so I'm really confused. Let me show you a photo of where I am. I got the key, and I'm not sure what to do next.....thanks

Attached Files:

16. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    I think you need to go to the other brother and just walk near the door and it will open with the key

17. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Indeed. If that is the first prison level, you have to release the other brother; that prison door will only open from one side. In all other instances you're trying to break into things rather than out of :).

18. newbiegamer

newbiegamer New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    #198 newbiegamer, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    Ok...nevermind...I got it....thanks!

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #199 Matt33, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    Awesome, I've got the fastest time on every level but the first. It blows my mind that the #1 person did it in 62 seconds, 20 seconds faster than me..

I wonder what shortcut they took, I just can't fathom a way that's faster.

20. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow, just played this for the first time today....what a killer game. Such a nice surprise!