Universal Baba Is You (by Hempuli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 22, 2021.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Without a doubt one of the best puzzle games ever, if I hadn’t played it to death on the switch I’d be all over this.

I would add it’s probably one of the just head scratching games I’ve played as well - spent many an hour staring at the screen hoping something in my feeble mind will click and I’ll work it out...

2. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I already have it on the Switch, but grabbed it as soon as I heard about it so I can play it on my phone when I'm out and about.

I'm through the first 7 levels and about to head into the lake, and haven't run into any control issues. They took a bit to get used to at first, but nothing insurmountable for this old person. My phone is an 11 Pro Max though, so maybe I'm just not affected.

3. Mathias Kærlev

Mathias Kærlev New Member

Jun 23, 2021
    I think we have narrowed down the control issue a bit. It only seems to happen on iPhone 12 Pro when running the iOS 15 beta, which is why we have received so few reports about it.
    Hopefully the next iOS 15 beta will fix this, but we will definitely be keeping an eye on it.

broopa, metalcasket, NonSoft and 2 others like this.
  4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Every now and then I'm just gonna pop into this thread and say something silly like THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER! There is such an immense feeling of gratification one gets from...yeah, like @orangecan said...successfully completing a level after hopelessly staring at your screen for an hour without a single clue how parts of a level are supposed to fall in place. I can't recommend this enough. No, like you'd be an absolute fool not to pick this up, puzzle fan or not...and the best part is it doesn't include par times, move counters or any extra nonsense to try and fluff up the experience. It's seriously the best.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got the game after so many positive reviews and from known TouchArcaders, I was just turned off at first by the simple looks ha ha sorry, but after a few levels I have to say that I’m looking forward to play more, controls are great.

6. LateralusRok

LateralusRok Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Sales network solutions.
    Kc
    Price tag was a bit much at first but after reading this page I’m convinced it’s a buy! Thanks

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have not been playing IOS games for quite a while now, but reading reviews and comments here for Baba perked my interest. I bought and it and am still early in the levels, but the praise is deserved and this is keeping me engaged.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  8. LateralusRok

LateralusRok Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Sales network solutions.
    Kc
    Man this has been fun but it’s almost mental exercise. I feel accomplished but you really need to stretch you mind. I think I like it?

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Stupid question: I solved the first 9 level and got 9 small flowers … to get to the next set, I need 3 big flowers … how do I get them?

Is there anywhere a handbook?

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #30 squarezero, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    This is the closest thing I’ve seen to a handbook:

https://babaiswiki.fandom.com/wiki/Baba_Is_You_Wiki

As I understand, the blossoms (big flowers) come as rewards for collecting a certain number of spores (the small flowers).

You don’t to have blossoms to keep going once you finish the opening area — you can go to “Icy Waters.”

Mythbuster likes this.
  11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    This game is incredible incredible incredible stuff. Buy it. If you like puzzles buy it. If you think there is a game out there that might convince you to like puzzles, buy it.

This is an extraordinary game. It will make you laugh. It will make you cry. No it doesn’t have a storyline really. The puzzles are just that good.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  12. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I’m having a serious issue with this game running on an iPhone XS Max, it’s making it unplayable from about halfway through the lakes levels. Everything runs fine until my tiny little brain can’t cope with the puzzling and I’m forced to realise just how dumb I actually am.

I will get better. Eventually. :)

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congrats on not only realizing how dumb you are, but also winning Post of the Day/Month/Year/Decade!

/thread

squarezero likes this.
  14. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    This game is really simple but awesome

15. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Pure, unadulterated, genius. I've never played a puzzle game quite so incredible. Perfection.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  16. dr904

dr904 Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Does it support iCloud, or any way of making a save backup (without using a computer)?

17. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Why are all the new levels only half the screen size

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    *This*

19. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    It hurts to know that if you lose or destroy your iOS device, all of your hundreds of hours of game progress would be gone forever. I'm also annoyed at not being able to play across devices in this extremely demanding game. Why isn't iCloudsave finally implemented, dammit!?

Greetz very angry Chris

dr904 likes this.
  20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Can’t speak to cross-platform play, but, for the most part, if you backup your device in the cloud, you should be able to recover your save files if you have to replace it.