Universal Axl and Tuna

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gamecollage, May 15, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Reached Zone 5 and this game IS awesome. Maybe the best and freshest endless runner that I played in a while, maybe even this year.

A quick little bug report: the game ignores when I flip the mute button on my iPhone. I still can lower the volume manually. Not a problem at all, wont stop me from playing your excellent runner.

2. gamecollage

gamecollage Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Music to my ears! :)
    You'll be happy to know that we have a ton of updates planned already, from different game modes, through vehicles, and a whole new assortment of bonuses. We're working on it and suggestions are always welcome!

You know, this was actually by design because in previous apps people have complained about the lack of audio, not realizing that their mute button was switched on (or even existed). However, you are not the first one to point out this piece of feedback, so I'll definitely revisit the issue in the next update.

3. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    And this is music to mine :) One of this things I though the first time I played it could be awesome are loops, just a loop that doesn't do much else besides rotating the camera while on it? And another thing now that you mention it, collectible items that are rare and together they make an awesome vehicle? Instead of the usual "pay x amount for this, grind and grind" mechanic? (since you dont have IAP). But I dont really want to change the game too much, its yours and as it is is fantastic the way it is.

4. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    You know, loops have been one of my favorites and they are actually "in the code" right now, but they are disabled because they didn't quite feel right. I'd love to bring them back soon, though. I just need to spend a little more time playing with the placement, timing, and such...

The same is the case for a couple of vehicles, but, once again, they didn't quite make the cut for v1. Stay tuned...

Great suggestions, by the way. Please keep them coming! When Dean and I were putting this game together, it was very much with "let it evolve how people want it to evolve" philosophy in mind.

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #25 TheFrost, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Since you are taking the non-IAP route, adding unlockable items makes a lot of sense to me. Adds something to go for besides high score chasing and beating friends on GameCenter. Different characters with different abilities with different leaderboards sounds good too. Those things doesn't alter the game itself and adds more to it.

But I see that you have some good ideas planned, sounds good and awesome. I will stay tuned playing it extensively so I will be ready for what may come :)

Edit: Also rewarding the played with something by reviewing the game on the AppStore is possible? That would help both. The player and the developer.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #26 awp69, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Sounds great. Been looking for a good new runner and have disappointed with some of the more recent ones. Spent a lot this week, but hell, what's another buck.

There you go again spending my money Frost. ;)

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I hope you like it :) Please tell me if you do!

8. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for the leap of faith, @awp69 ! I hope you enjoy it!

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You got me too :) downloading now.

10. It's a good game, you should like it.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    This game is awesome...

12. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    Hope enjoy it! And remember that we're always on the lookout for feedback, so don't be shy to share.

On an unrelated note, here is a video a player sent us from Canada. It made us laugh, so I'm posting it here (with a few of the juicier commentary edited out - use your imagination :) )

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, I just started, but I had to comment on the excellent production value, nice tutorial and slick UI. It's like I'm participating in a WB cartoon :D

14. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I found out that there are two leaderboards in the game and one in Game Center. In Game Center I can see my own all time score. In the game itself it is not possible to see my own high scores ?

15. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    Your own high scores currently appears in the text "ticker" at the top of the screen when you finish a game (on the Continue-MainMenu-PlayAgain screen). Additionally, if you tap on the score number in that same screen, you will see additional gameplay statistics.

I've written down your suggestion to include these numbers in the in-game GameCenter screen as well. Thanks for putting it out there!

16. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Great! You are really supportive! Love your game btw. Great graphics and the gameplay / difficulty is very well balanced , so even for a casual player like me this game is easy to pickup and just have fun with it. The no iap route is an admirable step in the current AppStore ecology, so I your game will be a big success . Keep up the good work !

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Agree, little touches of quality everywhere. What I like the most is the different track everyday. Hand selected new levels every day instead of being random generated.

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This has got to the best "feel good" game of the year, so far!

19. gamecollage

Feb 5, 2010
    Ha! Can I quote you on that?