iPhone Avernum 6 for ipad out October 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Captive, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
  2. Boudecea

Boudecea Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Fantastic news just finished avernum 1 looking forward to getting this now.

3. Captive

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi Bou,I think Spiderweb software are giving great support to the ipad with these crpg's,plus with Baldurs gate hopefully here in September and maybe the next Avadon next year things are turning out like we hoped it would.Told you the ipad would be a good investment :)

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I will be buying it no doubt! I only hope they make it have a "fresh" feeling to it which is the only problem that arises with a game that utilizes the same mechanics with slight improvements each game. I don't expect anything major, just something to shake it up a bit mechanically, but hell, with little else to choose in the way of old school styled CRPG on iPad I guess I shouldn't complain! In any case, with Baldur's Gate next month and this I am a happy camper!

5. Captive

Nov 28, 2011
    I know what you mean about having a fresh feel to it Bool but it will likely be very similar to past games,saying that i cant honestly get enough of these crpg's and these were exactly the sort of games was hoping for when i bought the ipad.

6. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #6 Sheinfell, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Most excellent news, this.
    A good while ago, I read somewhere that Spiderweb planned to remake & release more of their games for the iPad.
    And here we are...well, almost.
    Only quibble I have is that they do not release them in chronological order, so we can experience the whole storyline and see it unfold.

Mr.Vogel / Spiderweb Software:
    If you read this, consider this a plea to port more of your games.

---
    And fully agree with you, Captive: Quality games like this are what make the iThingies a quality gaming platform, not the 521st "SmackTheAngryBirds vs. ZombieVilleWars" clone.

7. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Avernum 1 on iPad was a recently remade version of the game. Avernum 6, being recently released, was a lot more modern and probably easier to update for iOS. I suspect that while Spiderweb would like to get 2-5 released on iOS as well, they're probably going to have to wait for revamps like Avernum 1, and so represent a lot more work to bring to iOS.

It seems Jeff Vogel likes to keep his games current though, so I expect we'll see the rest of the series come to iOS eventually.

8. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I really hope they release the other games on iOS