iPhone Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (by Spiderweb Software)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shirika, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Am I the only one super pumped for this game? What's wrong with the rest of you TA'ers?!

3. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    All their games are excellent. Looking forward to seeing this one.

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Look nice. I'm waiting for it on April. :)

BTW, how much is it?

5. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I am absolutely thrilled to read of this title! Spiderweb Software's RPGs are among my most beloved games. They just stay on my iPad all the time. I'm so looking forward to playing this!

6. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Kinda... maybe...

I have difficulty finishing these games. It's not the game really, I think it's my play style. At first it's wide open, lots of quests, lots of stuff to find and grind on... I'm free, even encouraged, to play in a non-linear fashion. Somehow mid-late game everything starts funneling down to a few choke points: quests or bosses you have to get past to open new chapters/regions... Depending on how you played, you may not be equipped to do so. One problem is nothing respawns, the regions and dungeons you've cleared stay dead empty, so if you can't find, or get past, the requisite task the game becomes a slog through a huge ghost town. I suspect another thing I'm doing wrong is not utilizing more of the available characters. I kind of like to stick with and advance my original line up. If it's necessary to change it up more these games don't make it clear. Anyhoo, those are some of my beefs with otherwise excellent RPGs.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just saw this, great news.