Universal Avengers Alliance - (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2013.

1. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    At first I thought this was just random... But I got to say at least 90% I'm getting command points. So this option is great seeing I have to wait for SHEILD points for leveling.

Thanks for this Laire.

2. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Was going to give my Cap WW2 Bruiser outfit since he can "taunt" and get empowered that way also against the right opponents. Also I'm torn on which costume for Thor but was going to make him a blaster and not sure which is better Mighg of Mjolnirx2 or the Avengers Assemble ability. Any input? :)

3. jonusx

jonusx Active Member

May 12, 2009
    Invite me:

Jonusx

4. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Chapter 4 is out as well as 2 new characters, the announcement notes the Torch, but Mr. Fantastic is also released.

5. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    #85 Laire, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    The Beta apparently had up to Chapter 5 and some characters that aren't currently available. The Torch and Mr. Fantastic were also two characters available "at launch" on the Facebook version but were inexplicably missing from the roster when this went live.

In other news, I crunched some numbers and assuming my math is right and on-line sources are accurate, they've made the S.H.I.E.L.D. Point cost-to-level 50% HIGHER on the Mobile version than Facebook!

No wonder so many people are finding it hard to have enough points to level. :)

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wish I could say the same... I've played that mission 4 or 5 times and NEVER received command points. It's crazy how little I've been awarded while playing.

7. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I thought Iron Fist was gonna be a bad hero. I was wrong, he seems to always get a double hit, and does massive damage for me.

I also got lucky and got a flamethrower that destroys things.

Couple notes from what I have been doing. Why is this addicting =/

8. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Ok, my friends, having finally found the time to read through this thread, I'll offer some insight:

I have been playing this on FB since the Beta, and am level 200-ish. Know my way around a bit.

If you want to spend the CP, you'll want to buy Captain America and Dr. Strange early. Everyone gets a stat boost at the start of each battle with Cap. If the movie outfit is available to you, it's silly not to buy it too -- you'll get a random bonus attack from his allies with the Coordinated Attack ability that comes with it. The Dr. gets massive crits early, and healing at level two, plus a few other goodies that OP him for starting players. Spidey is awesome, but won't hit for power until you level him up as well as beef him up with Iso; however, his evasion is sick right away.

Otherwise stockpile CP and build your roster later. You can live without a Bruiser, but if it's bugging you to not have that base covered, She-Hulk is the way to go. Merely a couple points less in strength than Hulk or Thor or Colossus or Thing, plus gets two turns as her second-level power.

Try not to fall into the trap of "I LOVE that character, I'm gonna burn 90 points on them!", or you'll be buying lots of gold. There are double the characters in the FB version, and if you're patient and farm CP now, you can get Gambit or Captain Britain or Hercules (among many, many others) later.

Also, DON'T spend gold on frivolous stuff, like Daily Bonus respins, or energy or SHIELD points. You can get the latter two through gifts.

I have more, but have already written a book here. Can break down battle strategy or good team-building in another post if anyone wants to hear more.

9. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #89 BZoetic, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    And don't lose sight of the fact that you start with OP characters! Iron Man is awesome throughout. Hawkeye is awesome start to finish - I still play them both regularly at level 12 in the FB version. They get even better. Black Widow levels up great, too, and you can farm nearly the highest team boost point totals in the game by taking Hawkeye and BW into battle. Great for max-ing out your point totals and scoring mastery stars, which will net you CP and gold with each chapter.

10. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    The problem with facebook comparisons is that there are some minor tweaks to characters and gameplay that do not exist in the facebook version. For instance, Iron Man in the iOS version does not have the lockon debuff with his first attack. This is supposed to boost ranged damage against the target. There are also various other "bugs" that may make characters less useful until they are fixed. For instance, Storm's first attack is supposed to apply a debuff to the enemy, static charge. However in the iOS version she applies it to herself.

11. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Agreed! I still haven't figured out how to sell things in the store, and have yet to find where I can socket Iso on my Agent. IM's level two attack should cause burning, etc. Hoping for a patch soon.

I didn't mean for you to take my words as literal comparison to Facebook! But general strategies for beginners and basic understanding of team-building are the same for either.

12. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Socket iOS for agent you for to change his outfit and the socket right there. I found it by accident.

13. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    @ bzoetic what is the best way to use gold? I have just been buying cp points since it is 2 to 1.

Also, can you only train 1 hero at a time?

14. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    You can't sell items yet, but they are planning on adding this feature. I wish they would soon. Got a ton of junk...

I'm irritated that many of the ability icons are wrong. Caps, for instance, shows up wrong and I often hit the wrong one...

15. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    If you're patient, the best gold premiums will come after you level up a bunch in the form of one-of-a-kind weapons that will often have four or five buffs/debuffs per weapon. Just don't burn your gold on respins or to hurry up training. And yes, you may only train one at a time.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, getting command points isn't easy at all for me. I've played through Viper's mission over 10 times now and haven't received command points as a reward yet! I've only got Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Would it be worth getting a low-priced hero while I wait to earn more gold/command points? Or should I just stick it out with these 3 until I work my way to 90 to get Hulk or Thor?

17. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    You're not in bad shape if you stick with those three! All you're short in that case is a Bruiser. And the rock/paper/scissors aspect of class matchups doesn't affect your gameplay much until higher levels. Awesome "economy" characters that are strong out of the gate are Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk, if you want to spend a little of those command points. Dr. Strange is great for beginning players too, because of the kick of his high-crit level 1 attack and the Mystic Energy buff that quickly regains his SP, not to mention the cheap healing he gets at level 2.

But you're not off-base if you just want to save your CP and focus on beefing up the default characters. Iron Man gets so overpowered after level 6 or so that they wound up nerfing him a bit on the FB version. And Hawkeye's fourth power, when you level up enough to unlock it, makes him almost unfair!

18. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012

If you want more do the free gold as mentions before. Press the gold then press again. It will take u to tapjoy. Download some free apps and get gold. Get a tapjoy acct too.

Btw I have had no luck with the viper. Yesterday was not stop cp coins ... Today I got 2.

19. deadpizza

deadpizza Member

Mar 11, 2012
    I'v been playing Avengers Alliance for the past week and ever since i posted here asking for friends the game got a lot more fun! I'm getting 50 shields a day, all my air craft is upgraded and I want to say thanks.

For anyone new adding friends is essential without it getting shield points is imposable and getting silver takes too much grind.

My In games names funkytowel invite me and ill give the daily limit of shield points and upgrade your aircraft.

20. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Oh, for the newbies, don't forget to find the secret bosses (like Elektra on the Bullseye level). If you complete every battle, and every mission, they show up and they have great potential drops when you beat them.