Universal Avengers Alliance - (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2013.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    To be fair, the game getting killed has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it is online only. If it gets killed, sure, you won't be able to play. But if isn't getting updated, why would you want to play it? There would be no content past what's already there. For new players they could complete all the missions in what, 2 weeks? And for current players, no content to play at all.

Online only is not the culprit here.

2. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012

The reason "online" is the culprit is because there is no updates. Other then trying to get all characters and weapons that would be the only replay value.

I am actaully running out of coins for for trainings. So i have to play to get things to sell for coins. Otherwise i can stop training.

I am going to give this game a about 2 more weeks (for moblie) and then i will just delete it and then just play the Facebook version on my phone instead.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Very sad to see this happening to such a great game. I'm 99% sure now this will be closed soon as they're losing their base and once you lose that it's almost impossible to get it back.

But I think what may have really killed this game were the hackers and cheats dominating the game. Piracy is bad for business and may have killed this.

And as well the other thing is that there have been so many awesome games released on iOS that this game just cannot compete any longer.

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    The game getting killed means you can never play it again on your phone because it requires an online connection, right? I like offline games, where if their support stops you can still play them on the current iOS. That's why we can still play a lot of games that are older or have even been removed from the App Store. Online only dies forever when they pull the plug. That's why anyone should think about how much time and money they put into something so fleeting. I would love this game as an offline game. But it probably would never happen. But if it did, then we could play through it like video games before they got on-the-line. So it's been fun while it's lasted.

5. SurfnSun

SurfnSun Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2013
    I'm in until May 1...if no update -> delete.

I'm out of silver right now leveling up my heroes.

6. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    So reading the playdom forumns, the once speculation is this game might get an update for the Avenngers movie. If we don't then this game is most likely dead.

7. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Here's the details.
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/24477/go_inside_avengers_alliance_age_of_ultron
    No word if on iOS. Someone on the GameFaq forum said they got a support message back saying there *might* be an update for the movie on iOS. If that's the case, and it is this content, then great!

8. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012

Good god i want iron man hulk buster. I might get it for my Facebook acct :)

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I wonder if I should download the game again for old times sakes just in case it does get taken down

10. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    If it gets taken down you won't be able to play since it is online only. Assume the game is dead and live accordingly.
    I haven't really played in a few weeks. I did some PVP to make sure I got the prizes (except the hero), but I haven't done a mission in ages. I just log in to collect resources once a day and send a lvl12 to train. Just in case.

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Wow it's gotten that bad huh, that's a shame. Did they ever release new chapters?

12. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Nooooope still chapter 11.

13. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    And not even a new premium weapon to purchase or Spec Ops to blow gold on in weeks. That's why we're assuming it is dead. They stopped trying to get money from us.

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That's crazy I'm glad I quit when I did though I do miss it it's a good game with awesome game mechanics but playdom ruined it.

15. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Well Facebook game started their Avengers Spec Ops... And nothing here.

Great

16. SurfnSun

Oct 19, 2013
    Rumor has it Disney keeps saying they are working on new content.

17. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Ares is available to recruit. Those things are on a timer, so this isn't a new update. He didn't even get a banner announcing him being on sale. So still, no new update.

18. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks I wouldn't have know. I was busy playing MFF.

19. Phanatik

Phanatik Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I think Future Fight is my new favorite Marvel game. Pretty good impression so far from my early play-through.

20. SurfnSun

Oct 19, 2013
    New Spec Ops!!