Universal Avengers Alliance - (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2013.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    How many gifts can I accept a day? I've been gifting all you guys but it keeps telling me come back tomorrow and I feel like it's been over a day and I have a huge backlog.

2. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Fifty. You can send out ten gifts to each person each day, but only use up to fifty of your own. Then you have to wait for the next day.

You can also have up to fifty held in your "Inbox." If you're looking for a particular type of gift (energy VS S.H.I.E.L.D. points), you can refuse some of the ones that are in the inbox, close the app and reopen it - that will refresh it with any OTHER gifts beyond those fifty that might have been waiting for an open slot. In this way, you can prepare your inbox for the NEXT day so you can use all fifty of them at once and get what you want.

The daily reward spin, friend request restoration and ability to use gifts again all seem to be on different "timers" for when they reset.

On an unrelated note, a lot of information comparing the versions of the game - and showing why the Mobile version will probably NEVER sync up with the Facebook game - can be found at http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel:_Avengers_Alliance_Mobile

There's not really any mobile specific topics or strategies there yet - not surprising, seeing as how this version's only been out for about three or four days.

3. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Add me for cp points florjackson for both ID's.

4. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone else got team suggestions or advice? I'm trying to level my cap/Thor solely

5. immaculatebastard

Jan 16, 2013
    Hey looking for allies for this game. My ID in game is jjjb1984 so add me up. I've got a few players unlocked but need help with purple and green coins.

jjjb1984

6. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Are any characters currently unlocked after Wolverine? I know this game has only been out for about 4 days but curious.

7. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Tips and Hints

The name of this game is to collect heroes. See Dr. Banner there asking you to unleash his beast or Spider-Man looking to patrol the friendly neighborhoods. Well in order to unlock them you want to get command points. In the facebook version your crits can cause command points to drop with varying percentages from 1-25% depending on the difficulty of the target, low to boss level. However I have not seen this occur at all on the mobile version. So given that, it would appear that the fastest way to accumulate command points would be to get to the boss roulette. What isn't readily apparent in this version is that each stage has some kind of point system where the bosses appear after a certain amount of points. These points are based upon your performance in each battle, however chiefly it's dependant upon how difficult the battles were. Since each battle regardless of difficulty costs 10 energy, fighting a high-threat battle will net more points than a low-threat battle and consequently require less energy to get to the boss. Deploys also contribute to this point system so deploying your heroes is also beneficial. In the facebook version there's a visible bar that indicates the progress for this, however this bar does not appear on the mobile version.

To some up some of the earlier tips presented:

Shield Points (purple coins) are generally gained in three manner on the iOS version. On the Allies screen you can click on the "Collect Reward" button and you'll have a random chance of getting some. I've seen them given out in 1's and 5's. You can also collect them from gifts if friends sent them to you. You can only collect 50 gifts a day so be careful what you select form your friends. The game also only shows 50 gifts however they can stockpile beyond that amount. You'll just have to refresh the screen by clicking on the message button on the lower right to refresh it. The last way is via the daily rewards. There are three sizes of chests for these listed. I've obtained the medium sized one before and it rewarded me with 20 command points. I am guessing that the largest may be 50 and the smallest may be 1.

Adding friends into the game can be done in two ways. You can invite them through the in game system by adding their name, however this has a daily limit. I didn't count exactly how many but I think it's around the area of 20-25 users. This can be a good way to invite random players to fill out your friend roster so you can have extra daily ally rewards. The other way is by adding them as a friend through Game Center. This way circumvents the daily invite limitation and has the same net effect. They will be immediately added to your friend's list.

One last mention, I have encountered some bugs in the game. One such was that my agent got stuck at 738/738 XP and didn't level up. This was remedied when I exited the game and restarted it. There was another instance where my hero would not exit the deploy. I could not select the hero and the deploy was completed. Again this was also corrected when I exited the game and restarted.

8. immaculatebastard

Jan 16, 2013
    Btw my Game Center name is ImmaculateBastard

9. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    How do I use energy refills I've collected from allies? For the life of me I can't figure out where to actually use them...

10. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    When you do not have 10 energy, you will be presented with a choice to use your energy gifted to you or acquired from daily rewards.

11. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    Ahhh.... I see. Guess I should have just started a fight... Thanks!

If anyone needs more allies add me. My GC and Player ID are both Eidaven.

12. jinx.pt

jinx.pt Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game ID

I'm adding my ID to this thread, I should be active enough to send Command points and helping with staffing those planes =)
    PlayID:
    Dace Grimwulf

GC id:
    jinx

cheers!

13. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Liking this so far. Playing everyday

GC ID is kjmagle I'm low level right now

14. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Stupid addicted to this game. Level 200+ on the Facebook version, but don't really mind starting over if it's gonna be mobile.

Need allies! Playdom ID is BZoetic. GC ID is Ronniemoe. I play often, every day.

15. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    #55 Eidaven, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    I'm finding it hard to come by gold and command points without purchasing IAP. Even at that it seems like its priced kind of high. $2 for 8 gold? 8 gold would get you 16 command points. That's barely enough to purchase one of the lowest level heroes? For $2 I would expect to get enough to purchase something decent.

Also, since I'm talking about it... I have enough gold and CP to get one of the 48CP heroes. Who should I buy? Right now I only have the three starting heroes.

16. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Tapjoy for gold.

17. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I Tapjoy-ed my way to enough gold to purchase 90 command points and grab Wolverine in about 10 minutes time. Just be connected to WiFi and download every free app they say, run it for a second or two and you're done. There was an offer to download and run a free Bible app that gave 12 gold! Insane.

Wolverine is great due to the healing factor and his bleed effect. Dr. Strange is the only legit healer in the game - he activates a heal that works as a free action (you still attack after) and heals over 3 turns. Should be an insta-buy.

I've got about 130 command points and now and am considering Captain (don't call her Ms.) Marvel and Spider-Man... any other suggestions for high-point purchases? Thor and Captain America don't do it for me.

18. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Where in the game is Tapjoy? Can't find it for the life of me lol

19. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    #59 Laire, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    "Store"
    "Currency"
    "Earn Free Gold" (on the far left of the Gold options)

Of course, if you've used Tapjoy on occasion for OTHER games in the past, your options might be more limited or less robust in the payoff.

20. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Thank you! I got 117 command points thanks to Tapjoy but don't know who to get. Thor and Dr. Strange maybe or Iron Fist and Thor?