Universal Avengers Alliance - (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Aww there are gift limits no more accepting silver coins I guess ;)

2. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Does this game require wifi connection only?

3. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Why are you mad when you are the one with an outdated iOS device? It has 256 mb of ram! That's it and that is mostly taken up by the OS itself. Sell your ip4 on EBay, in your local neighborhood on Craigslist or sell it to a friend etc and buy a NEWER iOS device.

It is not fair to be angry at an developer and expect such an old device to be supported for every game. Upgrading is a wise choice indeed.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not sure who's "madder." You or Sidgoku. :D

5. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    #25 Carnegie, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    We are on the A6X, the ipod touch 4 is old in iOS years, it is 2 generations behind. :)

I'm sorry you are unable to afford another device. :(

6. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'm another person who never realized the game existed on Facebook - so I'm definitely part of their "target demographic" that will play the game because I'm starting at Level 1 like everyone else, but would have passed on the game if people had brought their Level 200+ characters over from Facebook.

I can understand why long-term players would like the convenience of being able to play more on the go, but I can also understand why they chose not to go that route. Partially the ability to launch the game without needing to have it 100% caught up with the Facebook version, and partially the ability to get more money out of a new demographic. ;)

You definitely need friends to gift you S.H.I.E.L.D. points on a regular basis or you won't get far - and the limit to the number of points you can be gifted sets the limit to how far you'll advance each day. (You could always BUY S.H.I.E.L.D. points with Gold, but when that translates to approximately 25 cents per point, I'd like to think not too many people would be crazy enough to do THAT.)

Definitely feels like a "Mafia Wars" style game except with a team of three characters and a five color Rock/Paper/Scissors relationship in combat.

You're limited to the number of people you can invite each day, but if you want to go hog-wild with friends you can recruit more through Game Center each day. That topic's over at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193095

7. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Ended up picking up Captain America and Thor so far. I'm not sure if I want to waste the shield points on training others yet. And same name as here looking for active allies to gift.

8. Eiko

Eiko Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Germany
    I don't plan to buy any gold, but I need to recruit another hero to advance. I can spend up to 23 Command Points, so any suggestions whom I should add to my team of Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye?

9. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    How are you doing on missions and Boss battles with Thor and Captain America? They seem very good

10. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Well, breaking them up into "class," you've got:

She-Hulk / Blue Shield / 15 CPs
    Colossus / Blue Shield / 23 CPs
    Thing / Blue Shield / 33 CPs
    Hulk / Blue Shield / 90 CPs
    Thor / Blue Shield / 90 CPs

Hawkeye / Green Spiral / {Automatic}
    Cyclops / Green Spiral / 15 CPs
    War Machine / Green Spiral / 48 CPs
    Captain America / Green Spiral / 90 CPs

Iron Man / Red Flare / {Automatic}
    Ms. Marvel / Red Flare / 15 CPs
    Dr. Strange / Red Flare / 23 CPs
    Phoenix / Red Flare / 48 CPs
    Storm / Red Flare / 48 CPs

Black Widow / Purple Feet / {Automatic}
    Invisible Woman / Purple Feet / 15 CPs
    Black Cat / Purple Feet / 23 CPs
    Kitty Pryde / Purple Feet / 33 CPs
    Spider-Man / Purple Feet / 90 CPs

Iron Fist / Yellow Fist / 15 CPs
    Luke Cage / Yellow Fist / 23 CPs
    Sif / Yellow Fist / 23 CPs
    Spider-Woman / Yellow Fist / 33 CPs
    Daredevil / Yellow Fist / 48 CPs
    Wolverine / Yellow Fist / 90 CPs

Odd that there's no Red 90 CP character, unless I missed one somewhere. (And yes, I know they have real class names, but it's easier to remember them by color. :))

"Playing on a CP budget," you might want to get Iron Fist and She-Hulk (once you get seven more CP) so you can have a full set of "elements" to work with. But if they're weak characters, they might turn into fodder Avengers who always get stuck flying the jets on silver-gaining missions.

Since the game's been out for over a year on Facebook, I'm sure there are some "character opinion" topics out there.

11. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Actually Iron Fist is really strong and has good synergy with black widow. His third skill is a single target heal which can help out in fights. He's also a scrapper type which is missing from the freebie set. Was asking another player from the facebook version and his advice was him or Ms Marvel. She has an ability double her attack the second round which can be good as well. He did mention that Iron Fist becomes lackluster in late game.

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Iron Fist is a great character to get in the early stages of the game (definitely worthy of the 15 CP, as opposed to other Scrappers like Luke Cage or Spider-Woman): he's a very versatile character - in that he's a healer and also a very effective fighter - and one of the best avenues in which you can spend your CPs early on. As for Bruisers, I recommend skipping She-Hulk and saving a bit more for Colossus or, if you're in for the long haul, Hulk: Jen is worth her CPs - although, given her reduced cost, that's damning her with faint praise - but Colossus is a much better choice for a reduced difference. I'd also recommend getting Cyclops: he may seem redundant given that you start out with a Tactician in Hawkeye, but he becomes a much more useful character as you level him up. He won't be as useful as Captain America is, but Cap is a lot more expensive character, and one I don't recommend you aim for right now. Later on, once you have a more composed team, go for it, but for now, my advice is to focus on the cheaper characters: many of them are just as good or better than some of the more expensive characters (Wolverine recently got a pretty good buff in the Facebook game, but prior to that he was pretty much useless).

13. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Good input, thanks.

Do you ever get any other "free" characters added to your roster? I'd hate to end up picking someone more expensive only to find they could have been added to the crew free of charge ...

Having just cleared Loki myself, I'm seeing that it's not going to be nice and let you proceed without buying a fourth character out-of-pocket, and I don't even have the 15 CP right now to afford Iron Fist yet. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit any real money into the game yet, especially at a rate of 8 CP per dollar. (Don't you get 10 CP for getting 5* on a mission, or something like that?)

14. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Dr. Strange gets a group heal at level 2. It is also a free turn - he heals (a little bit over 3 turns total), then still gets to attack. His attacks are incredibly powerful. Save up and get him ASAP - you'll never be beat.

15. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    So it looks like each day, you can give up to 10 different gifts out to EACH person on your friends' list. There doesn't seem to be a limit to the NUMBER of different people you can give those ten gifts out to. (Assuming, of course, those gifts are all actually sent and it's not "going through the motions" of sending them.)

You are limited to a total of 50 Gifts that you can ACCEPT each day. Even if you're gifted a thousand S.H.I.E.L.D. points in a day, you won't be able to claim them all.

You can STORE up to 50 Gifts in your "inbox," and since REJECTED gifts don't count as gifts accepted, you can pick-and-choose what to keep in your inbox for the next day. This is useful if you're specifically "farming" for 2 Energy, S.H.I.E.L.D. Point, or Shawarma Gifts.

(Not sure if those limits are similar to any ones that were in the Facebook version.)

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #36 JCman7, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    Is the server down? getting a cant be synced to server error

EDIT: Up and running again

17. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #37 TheMerc, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    Well, the Facebook version did, at some point, offer me a free hero of my choice - the options were, if I remember correctly, Cyclops, She-Hulk, Invisible Woman and Iron Fist - but I think I've progressed further than the point in which I recieved that option, so my guess is that you don't get that in the iOS version.

Since we're early on in the game, and your priority right now should be to develop a more robust team than the one you start out with, I recommend you trade in gold (which you recieve by levelling up) for CPs. This is something I don't recommend later on, since gold will come more scarcely as it takes longer to level up, but right now, this is perfectly viable.

EDIT: They give you your free character when you unlock PVP, actually, so it might still happen when PVP mode is available in the future.

18. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    If you are a non payer and never expect to be, this is should not be an option. There are plenty of things the player can do at this point without having to trade in gold. You can aim to get extra masteries in the earlier missions. 2.1 (chapter 2 mission 1) has a recommended level of 9. This is on par with having 1.1 at 4 stars, 1.2 at 4 stars, 1.3 at 3 stars, 1.4 at 3 stars and 1.5 at 2 stars. If after having completed all that and you still haven't gotten 15 cp then maybe the suggestion has merit. By the time you've gotten all those stars you should have gotten to level 12 which should be very close to the 15 cp needed just from the level up bonus even assuming that the person failed to get cps from boss defeats. Also if you can't stomach this kind of grinding, then this game isn't for you because that's what this game ends up being at high level of play.

19. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    How do you get the purple points (shield points?) that you need to level up with. I'm on the mafia missions and I haven't seen any given out yet. Is convert from gold the only way?

20. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    You get it from gifts from your allies. Alternatively there's a random chance you can get 1 or 5 when you go to the allies page and click on the collect reward button.