Universal Ava's Quest (by Nemo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Solid platformer. Seems like the backgrounds have some frame rate issues on my iPad Air even after clearing background apps and fresh reboot. Ava moves smooth, just the backgrounds seem choppy at times.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Do I have to unlock the full version through a free iap? It says the iap is free but I cannot find where it is to unlock it.

3. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Hmm. I'll check it on iPad Air.
    Thanks

@coolpepper43:

If you have v 1.1 or 1.2 (latest update) you don't have to unlock through iap.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #64 CygnetSeven, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Not sure how I missed this but started playing tonight and this is a rock solid platformer. Not the hardest I've ever played but room for exploration and challenges to complete. Highly recommended if you missed it like I did.

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #65 Lavender, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Strange. Description states that premium version is free. (IAP)
    I can't find the IAP if I do the 'unlock all levels' IAP, there is a charge.
    Very confusing.
    Any advice?
    Thanks!

Edit:
    Never mind. :)
    I had to reset the game. Afterwards, it let me play in order.
    Now it works as described!

6. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I missed the boat! I've been having a GREAT TIME playing. Collecting all the coins, hearts, diamonds, and puzzle pieces and then speed running each level has been a blast! I see the diamond on 3-3, but I can not get high enough with a double jump to get up to it. I died once on the platform above the diamond and got the diamond by falling down through it, but simultaneously lost all my lives and lost the game. I tried to repeat that by just losing a heart, but it didn't work so maybe that was a bug? If anyone reading this LOVED Ava's Quest and is willing to go back to 3-3 and see how they double jumped or otherwise retrieved the diamond, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

7. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Hi!
    I'm glad that you liked the game :)
    please send a picture so I could help you with the diamond.

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey nemo, do you have any plans for updating Ava's quest to make it 64-bit compatible?

9. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    No, We don't have plan to update this game...

10. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #70 paulkane, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    I figured it out! Getting the diamond was pretty sneaky. After getting it, I'm now ranked top 25 for the high score leaderboard. The scoring for each level is fairly complicated. Do you know the top scores for each level? Would it be asking too much to list them? Also, the creature with the razor blades on the back: is it possible to jump off their backs when their blades are down to get a higher kill score? So for instance, the monkey is 300 if you jump on her head to kill her vs. 100 if you use your gun. Still having a great time replaying levels for higher scores. Also need to finish up 3-8 and 3 boss. I unlocked 3 Bonus, but I'm not sure how I did it?

11. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I'm #1 on the high score leaderboard with just over 3,000,000 points! (Although there is a hacked score above me with 500,000,000 which has been there since 2014.). I still want to replay certain levels to get higher scores, but I'm pretty excited to be the top on the leaderboard. Woohoo!! It's been a lot of fun (and some work) to climb my way up the board. Eventually I will memorize the coin pattern on 2-1 and get them all! #