Universal Ava Airborne (by Laser Dog/Playstack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 4, 2018.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Pretty much my thoughts, but I am really enjoying it, I’ve probably put more time into it than the latest Alto.

I’ve had a few freezing issues on the Air 2 latest iOS though - it’s always happened when I’ve crashed, causing me to restart after a run and losing everything from it. Not a major issue but annoying, I’d estimate maybe 1 in ever 10 goes.

2. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    I agree as well. I almost wish it scaled similar to a Crossy Roads in difficulty where it's starts out a bit harder and then stays pretty much even throughout the game until you get pretty far and then there are occasional hard stretches followed by easy stretches.

I do love how the obstacles change though. I find it very motivating to see new ones.

3. DeuxApex

DeuxApex Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Musician (guitarist)
    Madtown
    Well I took a chance and played on my iPad after todays update. You simple cannot play between 2 devices. You can progress now, but you won’t get sweets. The shop and collectibles won’t unlock. Checked my iPhone, and it’s ruined the save. Going to have to start over again.

4. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    This is incredible! Are you able to replicate this? :)

Pretty sure that's a bug I need to fix :/

5. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Really appreciate the feedback. We're tweaking!

6. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Ugh, that's awful! So sorry about that. Thanks for the support with the IAP too, means a lot to us!

I'm going to try replicate this and see what's going on!

7. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciated! We need to tweak the difficulty, that's for sure.

8. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    We are missing info on this. I agree!

Buddies:
    A bird that flies along with you. These multiply your Air-Miles (XP) and Sweets

Launchers:
    This is something to jump off at the start of the level. They give you a speed/height boost. The top end ones are a bit crazy!

Helpers:
    Helpers are essentially lifelines. If you have one selected, you will be presented with one a few seconds into the flight (you need to collect it mid-air). If you hit the floor, it activates and saves you. They reappear in the level as you progress too. You can select them all at once so you get a varied selection.

Charms:
    Charms are a bit secretive on purpose. Imagine them as a lucky charm Ava keeps on her. At the end of a run it will either be lucky and give you a Sweet/XP/Present reward, or nothing. They all vary in what they give you.

Lollies:
    These give you a coloured trail. If you select two, the colour combine. If you select three, it make a rainbow.

Trinkets:
    These restyle the look of the game. This was basically us having some fun. The 'bitbit' (looks like a gameboy) plays some chip tune music from our game HoPiKo, pixelates the screen and adds a gameboy colour pallet.

Hope that helps :)

9. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Thank you. Noted your feedback :) Appreciated!

10. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    I'm so sorry. I'm going to fix this.

11. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I have not been able to reproduce it yet but here is proof:

[​IMG]

I have some additional questions and feedback.
    • -What do the gold versions of things do? I bought the gold yo-yo but it doesn't seem to do anything different?
    • -The
      cannon
      launcher launches you right into a black balloon every time so you immediate fall to the water if you use that.
    • -The guy above was correct that if you want to get candies, you are better off getting them in the first 1,000 meters. It is way harder to get candies later and because of all the random traps, that will get you, you will lose all of your candies the further you go. Is there a way to adjust this balance
    • -Can you explain the lighting mechanic? Sometimes Ava just vanishes into the lighting and stays up there. I can't get her to come down until she gets zapped and falls to the water.

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Thanks. That helps a lot.
    I like the idea behind the secretive charms. I’ll have to test them out.

Why do some have a gold background though .

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The new bug update helped a lot .
    I think their maybe small tweaking to do still but it’s com along way.
    I’ve played it a lot more today since I’ve updated.

Will their be any way to help with the lag when too much is going on ?

Also is there a place to post bugs/gameplay feedback instead of posting here?

I don’t want to Influence anyone not
    To grab the game because it’s a 5 Star game that should be played.
    Best runner this year so far for me

14. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    No problem :)

The golden ones are rarer

15. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    You can email me directly (rob at Laserdog dot co dot uk) and I'll add them into my system.

I need to do some memory leak testing. There's probably something like a single particle not getting destroy every now and then that's causing a memory leak. So hard to find!

With lag, there's a chance we're using too high res graphics in some cases (for example, we could zoom the camera in and they'd still be sharp, but we don't zoom the camera in that far - so it's pointless) and also we might need to disable some effects on older devices. I know we have some issues on iPads as the resolution is HUGE.

And thanks so much for your support with this. It's helped me a lot.

16. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    I was going to mention this. On my old iPad the game is a LOT slower than my iPhone 8. As the game slows down, I feel like the inputs aren't as responsive either.

17. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    #37 HelperMonkey, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Email sent, but new update seems to break the contraptions menu, as it will not close.
    (At least on my iPad Pro 9.7, iOS 11.3)

Edit: Update. Dev says via email that an update with the fix is submitted to Apple. Should be available within a few days.

18. Cawo

Cawo New Member

May 13, 2018
    #38 Cawo, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Golden yo-yo

F924F42F-82EB-405E-86BA-4D093F2AC6DE.jpg I bought the gold yoyo from daily deals thinking i got a lvl 1 yo-yo with a golden skin but i cant find it anywhere. Do i need the normal yoyo first like its just a skin for it?
    My highscore was reset on the contraption i was using as well (feathered arms)