Universal Autumn Dynasty Warlords (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #101 ScotDamn, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    AD: Warlords - A Fantastic Strategy Game

Between Warlords and OT alone, this has easily been my favorite release week in my two and a half year history with iOS. Throw in the fact that Seanbabys Calculords was released earlier this week and I'm in complete harmony. I think I'm set with iOS games for a while. Usually I'll buy maybe 5 to 10 games before I find a game that truly keeps me engaged for the long haul. Maybe more. (Yes I buy waaaaaay too many games) but AD: Warlords seems to be above even those high points - a rare gem on mobile for sure.

AD: Warlords -
    4X lovers and those new to the genre, don't hesitate buying this game. It's one of those special games that could be deemed an instant classic on the App Store. It's the complete opposite of the time waster apps and typical casual games, while embodying what I hope to see more of in the future of the App Store. With it's deep and yet streamlined game play, the plethora of content to manage, and genuinely engaging mechanics, it demands itself a must for strategy lovers. I don't say this much because of its futile sounding nature but we need to support this game at the $6.99 price point. It easily deserves it. I hope to see tons of success for these guys.

2. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    When will this be coming to Android?

3. Louis Ace

Apr 4, 2013
    Should I get this now on my iPhone or wait for the Android release and get it on my Nexus 7? I'm really excited to get into this game.

4. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    By the way... we nerfed Hwacha quite a bit in the patch, the damage stays the same, but the aoe for Spread is much smaller.

5. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    We won't be going for an Android release any time soon.
    We will, sooner or later, but we don't even have an idea when we can start porting, and it seems to me that this will be a long time away.

6. Louis Ace

Apr 4, 2013
    Thank you so much for responding. I will be purchasing this on the App Store tonight.

7. Dreathor

Dreathor Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    #107 Dreathor, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Decided to go for it, really good game.
    This will probably turn out to be the most underrated game of 2014 on ios,
    it plays so much better than I thought it would!

P.S (keep one catapult with every army, they seem to be pretty imba and cool to use)

I used to have star base orion 4x and I actually prefer this one over it.

I can understand why a button for "next general" could become a time saver.

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #108 CalinR, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    I actually started a game with Toshi, and you totally read very closely between the lines lol, that's exactly what i was thinking about. I was able to hold back two 6 unit armies on hard with 1 Hwacha and a Spearman with ambush. I guess I assumed it was supposed to be that devastating and figured I shouldn't second guess y'all. Now im super curious to see the changes to it though. A reduced aoe for the spread ability would help. The focus ability's the one i used more though....which makes me curious as to how those two are gonna differ. I really like the fact that it's gotta be fired manually btw, and dig catapults not being able to target inf anymore.

Did y'all fix the extra 4 that shows up (for me at least) on the officer promotion screen when they gain a level? (E.g. "X has gained a new level [lvl. 6], new trait available at level 4 7"). Not a big deal at all. When i saw it first though i deff did a double take lol, cause i thought to myself, "44 levels for a trait? Wow lmao, that's hardcore."

I also ran across bugs where the society screen doesnt display the bonus given after....7% i wanna say. There's no way to see the numbers for the relationship you have with them like for diplo, unless I haven't figured out how to do it, so after 7%, there's no way to know if relations with any society are improving.

9. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I really like the game. A worthy successor to the old one and by far the best blend of real time tactics and 4X on the App Store. I'm having so stability issues on my iPad 3 though. Playing as Lady Jin, I have had crashes several times while invading provinces. This didn't happen on my play through with the Iron Duke. I'm not sure what's going on.

10. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    I also had one instance of a crash while playing with Toshi i wanna say. Im curious, cause I'm also running it on an iPad 3: do the graphics seem less smooth to you, a little choppier maybe, than the original? I played them both after I got warlords to see changes, and I deff feel the first one runs better. Im curious if it's me, or if the new one's slightly more demanding on the hardware.

11. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    We already fixed the extra number 4, but we just realised yesterday that we had big issues in version 1.02 (the release version that we're all playing) that weren't there in version 1.01.

Some of the bug, AI, and interface issues that we have been experiencing shouldn't be there at all!

We have them reverted now, and my only hope is that this latest patch gets to everybody as soon as possible.

12. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    No worries, i just wasn't sure if anyone had mentioned them and felt bad saying something at the 11th hour. Looking forward to the patch, very excited about it.

13. AJShadowz

AJShadowz Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Security
    CA
    121.2 mb download? No way! What's the actual size?

14. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    It seems to run fine most of the time. I haven't really noticed anything except for the crashes. If this game can run on an iPhone 4S, the iPad 3 should do fine.

15. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    220 mb!

16. Imperio

Imperio Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    RTS Gobbler
    A sunny island!
    Hey folks,

Many of you have been waiting in great anticipation to play Warlords only to have your experience damaged by bugs that should not have been there. So, we sincerely wish to apologize for the issues that you have encountered when trying to play the game.

Our team realized that there were several bugs introduced in the release version of the game (1.0.2) that we did not detect.
    These have been fixed and we will do all means to expedite the release of the new patch to you.

Here are the major issues that will be changed by patch 1.0.4
    • The AI will no longer be set on passive mode and will play differently in different missions
    • Map fixes and Fog of War will be enabled in certain maps
    • Pathing in combat is improved
    • There are major changes to unit balance and abilities
    • Various crashes in events and missions are fixed

We also want to express our gratitude for your understanding and patience thus far. Thank you for the bug reports and feedback that was shared with us - they were crucial in allowing us to identify and target the areas that needed fixing.

Our team promises to set the game right soon and make it live up to your expectations. Please write up [email protected] if you have any concerns and would like to contact us directly. We would be glad to hear from you.

Best wishes,
    Touch Dimensions

17. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    So, here's a very specific crash im getting: using Toshi, invading from Jindai City into Lonhzhigou, controlled by Jang En. The invasion route is as follows: base setup, to advanced postions, to destory garrisson, to frontal assault, to assault inner gates, to siege. As soon as the fortress goes down, the game freezes on the victory screen. After i minimize and go into it again, it's frozen on the loading screen. The game's loaded from the first save slot. Tried the same turn from the autosave, and i actually got the option to raid archives after the assault inner gates battle, insetad of a prison break. Im not sure if the inner city battles are random, or dependent on thencity's buildings. Point is, the game crashed right after the victory screen after the inner gate fight in the autosave load. Did this multiple times, same result.

Again, not sure if this was something y'all fixed in the upcoming patch. Not sure how to build a proper bug report on here, but tried to add all possible relevant info.

18. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    My sincerest apologies for all the flaws in the game.

It was very painful for me to learn yesterday that there were such major issues inside the game that prevented it from being so much better. And that a good deal of these originated from just a single minor mistake that took 1 line to fix.

The game will be different after the patch (submitted and pending approval), the AI will be much smart and tougher in combat, and the your units will now follow whichever path you draw and will engage enemies directly in its path or the enemy which you have targetted one when it reaches the end.

Calin, I'll try to duplicate the crash to check if it's gone, thank you very much for all the details, this will help us a lot in identifying the problem.

19. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Small question regarding the UI during battle
    Is there a way to create groups of units with shortcuts to control them ?

Because it's one of the few features that I'm really missing (IE : You create the group, a Small icon of that group is shown in the UI, if you tap on it once, you select the corresponding unit, if you tap on it twice, your screen moves to that unit)

20. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I just read the Gamezebo review and i´m concerned about this:

"...but ordering even slightly complicated maneuvers is an experience in frustration. You can't send horsemen out on a sweeping arc and have them strike an enemy formation from behind, for instance, because as soon as you've lifted your finger from the screen, the arc snaps into a straight, shortest-route-possible line from your unit to the enemy's. The only option is to issue multiple separate, non-stackable commands, which completely negates the intended simplicity of the controls."

Is it really like that in the game?
    If so, is this something that got fixed in the update?