Universal Autumn Dynasty Warlords (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Filesize:

[​IMG]

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've had a pre-release code for a little less than a week now and I can say this is a worthy successor to one of the best RTS on iOS. It's deeper and more akin to a total war game now. You will fight over countries in a global map, you'll do research and train units that will stay with you and you'll try to rule over the world.

I'm not far enough into the game to be more in depth than that but it's definitely a must have for now.

3. Dreathor

Dreathor Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Ah well, it's honest and a quality single player game is better than a bodged multiplayer one. I got foursaken games for online gaming any way so may still pick this up, thanks for the link :)

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Does anyone know if there are special infantry units like commanders or whatever that are power units for the battles? Or are they all just generic "cavalry" etc.?

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Has anyone confirmed this isn't a soft launch?

6. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    So kinda like civilizations?

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    The units are generic and they have a rock/paper/scissors feel to them depending on terrain (I think. Not very far into it yet). There are also generals who will enhance certain units if you assign them to an invasion.

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You could also compare it to that I guess. But here the battles unfold in real time so it's more like Total War :D

9. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    The strategic game feels a bit like Civilization, although the map is divided into zones like Risk. Of course, the real time battles are like neither...

Still not deep enough into it to say for sure, but I think they got this one right.

10. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

First impressions very very good. You know, the number of new games released every week we are so spoiled on iOS but then a game like this comes along and I wonder why I need 128 gig ipad! This is all I need. Actually that's a lie, I do need 128 gig to support my app addiction but man this is a game I will get lost in for a long long time to come.

Mildly overwhelming number of choices to start with but that's a good sign of longevity and depth, and I'm pretty tired now so not really up for diving in too deep before I get some kip!

All I will say for sure is that if you felt ios gaming was dying and turning to lightweight pay to play freemium options only, this will give you faith back that there are games left here for true gamers... just not every week haha. So worth waiting for these gems. Loved the first game, truly one of the best games on my device, and if you are even mildly interested in this type of grand strategy gameplay I say hit the buy button ;)

11. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Whoa, I didn't expect it to be out on the app store this soon.
    Thanks for the video Sanuku!

We'll be posting our official short trailer in a day.

Warlords is set waaay before, you play the warlord who will unite the lands and be the first Autumn Emperor (in other words, very loosely connected lol).

Officers will not appear as a special unit in battle, but when you assign an officer your troops recieve a combat bonus based on his or her strength stat, and some officer Traits give combat modifiers as well. Officers gain stats and will learn up to 4 Traits as they level up.

12. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    That makes me giddy... I LOVE total war

13. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Just bought yourself a day one purchase! Glad to hear it

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for answering my questions guys. I do wish there were special units you could use although it might change the game balance. Anyhow, I got the game and WOW.. it seems like this game is huge. A lot to do but not super overwhelming like Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I like how invasions go through stages and branches paths. Though I wish failing one stage forces you to another path. At this point if you fail one part of your invasion you just try it again later.

Some of the UI is a bit odd but I'll over look it since it's so small. Like if you're in the middle of an invasion, you can't click on the province to go back to it. You have to go to your army screen and hit invade to go back to your invasion. Anyhow, I look forward to playing some more, it really looks like it'll be many hours of fun!

15. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Do units earn experience such that they become tougher or more battle-hardened? Or just officers?

16. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Both do, units gain exp from battles (more from victories) or if you leave them in a province where you built Training Grounds.

They also gradually replenish their troop strength (HP) over time, so there's a good incentive to keep units alive in battle.

17. anarchy in the app store

Jan 30, 2014
    Downloading now, looks great!

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Great game so far, I just wish the tutorial was a little more indepth. The is so much to do it is a little overwhelming. I know after a little trial and error I'll figure it out. Other then that, truly an awesome game. The production and Polish is through the roof. Now to try to wrap my head around the heck I need to do to rule the world.

19. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    5 stars for the effort and time put into this series even though my iPod 4 is sadly not supported...