iPad Automangle has better controls now!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zztfox, Dec 9, 2008.

1. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Just played the updated demo and the new SIMPLE controls scheme feels spot on for this type of game!

Can anyone who has the full version comment on how deep it really is and if it is worth the $.99?

2. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Well I had the demo for ages, then I thought, yeah it's pretty cool why not get the full version. Only a dollar. So I did. Full version is awesomely better. More weapons, unlimited game time, better maps and over all just more entertaining IMO. In terms of depth, it lacks. But so do most games on the store. I would say you should get it. It's only a dollar, but if you like the lite version, the full version is just funner. It's a good pick up and play title which can go for as long as you want. Mostly longer lol.

3. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    How is the track editor?

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    LOL I gave up. Brb with another opinion.

5. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    So...

Is it that hard to make tracks in the editor?

6. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    No not at all. Sorry I just tried it out again.. It's easy, but I couldn't seem to be able to zoom out, but last time I'm sure I had a different view..? Still placing objects is simple, panning and spinning the map around is simple. Pretty basic, but does the job.
    I don't really see it necessary to make maps tho, cos there are enough as is and they all have the different props in them. I guess if you wanted to make a race track then fair enough, but I only really play free for all.
    Hope this helps. If not, in the demo, what's your favourite thing to do and Ill check it out in the full version for you.

7. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    If the full version is the demo with a LOT more features I think I am just going to get it.

Thank you for the info, it really helped!

8. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #8 Paulio, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    I wouldn't say A LOT but quite a few nice touches that make it heaps better. If you like the demo, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

For instance, the extra weapons such as flame thrower, wand thing, nukes are all awesome. The demo weapons suck mostly. The tracks (4 plus unlimited {I think} custom maps) are all better. I personally like the bowling one. No walls to crash into. There are 6 race tracks (not including the heaps you can custom make). Over all, if you like the demo, one buck shouldn't hold you back. It's worth it IMO.

9. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    WOW, the new controls are great, i really wasn't expecting new controls, but here they are, and they're perfect, the game is now actually enjoyable......THANKS PHARTGAMES !

10. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

Hi,

Usually If you can't zoom in and out it means the accelerometer didn't initialise. Just quit out and load the game again, you should get it to work.

I'm glad you guys are liking it. Around 20000 people downloaded the lite update yesterday :)

ZombieMangle gets submitted tonight!! :)

11. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Thenks a lot. That works very well. It's strange, as I couldn't do that before, but I could load the map and drive and steer?! Still a really enjoyable game. There is no other like it on the store.
    Looking forward to Zombie Mangle sooo much too!
    Will it still be free for the first while? If so, excellent, I don't have any iTunes credit so I wouldn't be able to buy :( but I can't wait for that game :D If it's anything near as fun as AutoMangle, it will be a must have. Thanks for your awesome games! any ideas as to when to expect ZM to pop up onm the store? Or is it just a random date/time?

12. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This game never really got my attention. Mabye Ill give it a try.

13. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    It's a buck. You can't complain. Better than the lite version by far, and generally pretty cool. You have to like driving games AND shooting games to be a fan. But then, what kind of guy doesn't like them :p

I just can't wait til Zombie Mangle and Zombie Mansion and when I get my iTunes card today so I can get BIA... Actually anyone got any other recomendations along these lines for some iGaming? I'm getting a 30 dollar card and I'm in Aus, so I can afford pretty much the entire range of prices, but many small priced games FTW!