iPad Auto Mangle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fubit86, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    #1 Fubit86, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG][App Store Link]

It looks like a weird car shooting game, but its 8 bucks so it might be decent. Anyone bought it yet? It looks interesting....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Hahhahaaaa Yes Arn will waste his money and then it will go down to 3$. Typical.

4. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Hey go check out the gameplay video here: http://www.phartgames.com/

I agree that it looks interesting but not $7 interesting...

PS: I am not the developer of this game.

5. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Stop the whole "developer" thing damnit, it was fun for like two minutes...
    Anyways, this game looks fun, certainly more fun than Raging Thunder (i know u can't compare a racing game to a destructo-derby one but in levels of funness yes, this game looks fun). I'll prolly wait for its price to go down to like a buck or two, then i'll pick it up...Won't be long for it to go down...

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean

Agreed. Very Annoying.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    How could you not buy something from a place called Phart Games?

The video reminds me of the first Twisted Metal. I'll definitely pick this up if the price drops, unless it gets horrible reviews, of coarse.

8. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    But I'm not the guy who made it! I DON'T MAKE GAMES! I don't even know how! I just posted the video link to THEIR (not my) web site because you guys were interested! Geez...

9. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I guess ur a noob, so i'm gonna give u the benefit of the doubt. But we have a rule now: dont label anyone as "mr. developer" or say "i'm not the developer". No one cares. Although, it is recommended that devs id themselves if they're posting about their games...

10. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    thanks everydayguy! yeah i didn't know about that rule. i was just wanting to clarify that i was posting it for people to check it out 'cause they were wondering about it.

11. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

The complete lack of any App Store description whatsoever, and the single screen-shot, aren't exactly confidence-inspiring....

--Eric

12. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

AutoMangle

Hi guys,

Auto mangle 1.0 is similar to the arena part of destruction derby, with guns, seeking lasers and rockets.

If you can, check out the gameplay video at www.phartgames.com. It's fairly indicitive of what you will be getting for your $7.

You can turn the weapons off all together for a classic smash up derby if you like, specify only special weapons, or only primary weapons too.

You can even turn off all the enemy cars if you want to just drive around and do burnouts.

You can set the damage levels of the cars to weak, standard and strong. which also varies the gameplay greatly.

For race fans, the 1.0.1 update will include race tracks that allow you all the same customisation of the standard free for all and deathmatch arena modes.

If there is a demand for it, more tracks and varied arenas will follow.

If AutoMangle becomes popular enough it will most definately support wifi multiplayer. The only reason it currently doesn't support it is lack of a second iPhone to test on.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions on potential features they might like in updates, please email support@phartgames.com to let us know what you want.

Thanks guys,

I hope you enjoy AutoMangle as much as I do, and I look forward to improving and adding features :)

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Hi there. Ur app seems like a lot of fun but i got a couple of questions: how many cars are available in this game and also how many different tracks?
    Great name by the way. :D

14. PHARTGAMES

The current version has no tracks however 1.0.1 has 6 tracks and will be available shortly. (it took a week after submission of 1.0 for it to go live so 1.0.1 will HOPEFULLY be on the store in a couple of weeks).

The game currently supports 4 cars, a coupe, panel van, ute and a little hatchback. Each has a slightly different wheelbase that effects the handling of each.

Adding new cars, tracks and arenas is trivial so if there's anything you want to see just drop us an email at support@phartgames.com.

Thanks.

15. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I loved the first version of destruction derby and I'm interested in your game. However, the video quality really sucks :). Are there better videos? You can't even say how good the graphics might look, because of all the reflection from the glass surface of the iPhone.

16. PHARTGAMES

Yeah it's pretty shocking, i'll try take a better capture in the morning and post the url here :)

17. PHARTGAMES

1.0.1 in review

To prove we are serious about updating. AutoMangle 1.0.1 has just been submitted for review. Features race mode with 6 race tracks, handling improvements performance improvements and bug fixes.

Just have to wait and see how long Apple takes to put it on the store. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who has supported the game. :)

18. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I am severely enticed by this. One of my absolute favourites on the Playstation was Destruction Derby: Raw, which was absolutely insanely cool.

Here's a suggestion: In DD:R, there was a roof-top gameplay mode in which you had to either destroy all the other cars or simply push them off the roof. I would LOVE to see this in your game.

Sadly, with my personal economy being what it is, I can't really afford the more exclusively priced games these days. I will buy at some later date or when/ if the price goes down, pending good reviews.

My fingers do itch, though, I admit that much.

19. PHARTGAMES

Cool idea. It wont be hard to add a similar concept, i've added it to the list :) Thanks.

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #20 NotYou, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
    Price drop to $1.99 today. Did anyone not see that coming?

I think I'll pick itup actually. I'm curious about it. I used to love the first twisted metal and this seems to be very similar. The update with the added race tracks sounds like it could be good too.