Auto Crisis - one handed top down combat racing game. Looks like Payback a little.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    'one handed' eh?
    Leaves you other hand free for 'other things' ;)

2. robman84

robman84 Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Looks great. Would love to see a bit of power oversteer/drifting in there too. Would probably need extra control for throttle. I'm still looking for the perfect replacement to Racing Gears Advance on the GBA :eek:) Horror Racing is the iPhone benchmark though.

3. #24 Baraboom, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  4. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Really can't wait for this. I hope apple approves it before the end of the year. If so, then I only have to wait four more days!

5. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    The only disadventage is lack of featur to get out of the car :)
    But game looks promising though, like Juiced and Juiced 2 for Java enabled phones so many years ago...

6. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    From Twitter:

autocrisis New trailer coming soon. See new screenshots and the first trailer at www.baraboom.com 10:03 AM Dec 23rd

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    This game looks very very similar to a PC game I used to play quite some time ago. I just can't think of the name of it. What's strange about it is that this game features what looks to be one of the same levels in the PC game I'm thinking of, the level with the overpass on the highway.

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I will get this when it comes out in January because Apple is on holidays rite now :p

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    wow this game looks sick

10. I would guess that would be Death Rally or Ignition... Those two has been an inspiration to us.
    Auto Crisis has a lot of that charm and fun, but less of the hassle. Plus 3d, touch steering and visual effects of course. Hope you'll like it!

11. We decided to keep it simple to keep it fun. The different cars has different speed, power and acceleration, and you can choose the color. Then of course the weapons makes any car a threat.

If you have any good ideas for future updates, we'll definately take it into consideration.

12. Official release date is when Apple is through with the review... Which it has been for a week. Another week at maximum is our guess if everything seems allright to them.

Cost at release - only $0.99! We think this is a quality game for a great price.

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    *strokes imaginary goatee*

I am most intrigued. But yet, gotta work on that sense of speed. Feels like "Bob the Builder must get to the construction site and save Lofty!" instead of "Yer goin' down, punk."

14. We have put a lot of hours into testing different speeds, viewing distances, angles and variations between different cars.
    The real sense of speed is hard to achieve unless you're really close to the ground. With the top down view this game features, you need to view the car from a distance so you see where you're going and who you're shooting. And believe me, there's a lot of adrenaline in the game when you have a truck with homing missiles coming up behind you.

To most of our beta testers, the slow car is a good start to practice the driving skills. But the longer you last, the faster cars you get. We have experimented with some really fast, drifting cars that might show up in future updates.

15. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    I don't think i will like the hold your finger to steer thing. can you make touch controls instead?

16. You should absolutely try it first. Personally, I think it is the smoothest driving ever seen in a game.
    First of all, you can hold the device in one hand and comfortably use the thumb. Touch and the car starts driving. The speed adjusts to how much you steer to the side. Turn sharp and you go slower. But you can take the turns fast if you come in at a good angle, just like in real life.

If there is a great demand for a D-pad we could add it, but this might be the new standard for racing games. ;)

17. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    #38 Ddyracer123, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    I'm aware of that. I don't really mind the drag touch controls but it would be nice for a d-pad of some sort. Please consider offering it in a update :)

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game has been approved by Apple! :)

19. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    Wow it's true:eek:! Check out their Twitter everyone!