iPad Aurora Feint II Worth It?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by noah21c, Dec 5, 2008.

1. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Of course, I have the first Aurora Feint. Is the second one 2.0 or is it more like 1.5 of the first one. In other words, is it worth it. Comment on diff. features.

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It's only worth it if you really want to support the developer. I haven't played it in a couple weeks (I've been busy with other games like BIA, BoD2, Quadrum:Colors, Fuzzle, Galcon), but I think it has better graphics now. It also has a chat box and online play, so that's great.

Personally, I don't think it's worth $8. I think it's worth $4-6. BUT, since I love the first one, and it was free, I felt the least I could do for the devs is support them. So, I considered it $4 on each version of the game. I felt that was pretty fair. :)

It really depends on how you feel about the game.

3. noah21c

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yea, Im kinda holding off on it until the price drops.
    How is Galacon?

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The price is actually going up to $10 after December.

Galcon is OK. Personally, I think the lite version is good enough for being free (although I did buy the full version). I'd definitely recommend AFII over Galcon. :)

5. noah21c

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wow! I thought the price would go down. Anyways, I enjoy the lite version too and I have the ipod touch, so I dont think the full version is worth it if Ill only be able to play multiplayer at my house.

6. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    The price is going up? I don't remember reading that anywhere.....

I found AF boring and repetitive.. You mine the "element" things... Use them to buy more abilities... Complete a puzzle to get the ability.... Go back to mining.. The whole time I was hoping it broke off into some sort of story...

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I completely agree.
    Bottom line: If you want to support the devs and online play plus you have 8 bucks to spare get it otherwise stay the hell away from it till they drop the price and update it (the first update solved some of the problems but not all).

8. whooley

whooley Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I think the original AF did more damage than good to this game's appeal, IMO.

I liked the game originally, and had almost maxed my character, when it was wiped by an update (note: quite possibly an Apple bug). So, back to the start, levelling up and up. Then it happened again, except this time they changed the gameplay making it far, far more difficult and slow to level up. So not only did I have to play through a (quite repetitive) game 3 times to get back to where I was, but now do so at a crawl.

It was fine, but the gameplay changes made it more tedious than fun. If you'd asked me a few months ago I'd have bought AF II in a heartbeat, now not a chance.

9. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I cant see £5 ever being justifiable for a Match 3 puzzler with little variation to it's gameplay. Sorry devs but it just isn't worth it :p

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Haha good luck pulling this one off when Puzzle Quest has been released.

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I support AF, but I also think Galcon is worth $5, and not just to support the developer: you get a number of additional game modes (not just multiplayer) that are worth having. I like the 3-way matches for instance.

(I do like to pay for an app even when the free one is "good enough" though: I treat it like shareware--if I really LIKE what the developer has made for me, I'm happy to spend a trivial few bucks to compensate them and encourage more from them.)