Universal Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure (by Dinofarm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    We have an iPad 2 and it looks fine on there. It's a tiny bit blurry but yeah. We are looking into some solutions, don't worry.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Well it does look like the title screen is 320x568 but by the time it gets discombobulated from "points" to "pixels" it looks bad. :(

And what's the story with this cat?

Also: the game still doesn't respect the mute switch! ;)

3. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
  4. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Check out TA's article on 'Sword of Xolan', posted today. The game's main selling point is the pixel art. Pixel art is great and lots of people appreciate it. For Auro it's a feature not a bug - the problem is, as mentioned before, the device optimisation. I say hold the pixel-art flag high, make it the stand-out feature. Fixing the loading screens (jumpy or squished in the corner on iPhone 6+) and things would help with people's impressions. Of course, sure it's not easy, with so many devices...

PS - Is the 'jump onto actor on teleport' mechanic going to be changed? Still feels odd every time I jump onto someone on the teleported and get teleported. Just me? Think Keith agreed, earlier on.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    My experience differs somewhat. I emailed the devs over 2 weeks ago about getting stuck on the loading screen on iPhone. Not a peep back.

So I got curious to find out what all this jibba jabba was about so fired it up on my iPad. Underwhelmed but probably didn't spend long enough with it. A working iPhone version could fix that but alas.

6. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    @Talbs! Really sorry to hear that, somehow your email must have gotten lost. We always reply to emails, usually very quickly (as hopefully this post will illustrate). I searched around in my inbox for something that might match that description but haven't seen anything. Email [email protected] if you have an issue!

7. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Emailed.

9. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  10. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    The new Quest mode sounds really awesome. Even though I'm a huge fan of Play mode's competitive fairness, I think Quest mode is a great addition for a fun playthrough with lots of crazy stuff going on in between the at times pretty demanding normal matches.

I really hope the Kickstarter will succeed! :)

11. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #432 klink, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Are you still working on improving the appearance on Retnia IPad's? Also do you mean iPad 2 or iPad Air 2?

13. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Yes we are. We have a build for that going up very very soon! Sorry it has taken so long.

14. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Hey guys! As you might have seen, the Kickstarter isn't going as well as we'd hoped. If you're reading this and haven't backed the campaign, please take this 1-question survey (it's anonymous) and give us your feelings on why. It'd really help us out a lot!

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll341093x6ae848EC-13

Thanks!

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Keith,

Some feedback on the survey questions, as I feel they are a bit overly negative.

Maybe you could have some options for people who actually liked Auro but:

- like it as it is
    - played it at the time and don't plan to go back now
    - like the game but don't like crowd funding

Otherwise I question the validity of the results there.

My 2 cents.

Cheers, best of luck.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry to hear the campaign isn't going well. Tbh, I haven't bought this game yet as I'm still on the fence whether I would like it or not. I had a look at the Kickstarter and I really like it. But I feel like the initial Auro would've benefited from being "Quest Mode" from the get-go. It does seem like that would've been too difficult cost wise but campaigns are usually more attractive in these kinds of games. I know some gamers like high scoring while others like playing through a story with a goal. (But I feel like high score games are all too common on the appstore which might deter people)

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    It's a really tough business to break into with new IP. Just look at the re-hashed stuff at E3. I think you guys probably need to be a little more established or use more well known IP to get over that first Kickstarter hump. I don't think it's any sort of reflection of the quality of Auro or Dinofarm games as a whole.

18. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    How is the steam green light going ?

19. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Greenlight's going, but it could use more help for sure. Tweeting or FBing about it will definitely help, we only have a few hundred votes so far and every vote really does matter a lot, so if you have a Steam account please consider voting!

Kickstarter has 11 days left, so spread the word about that, too.

I'm working now on the Quest Mode and it's really exciting. If you want to sign up to be a beta tester you can do that over at the Dinofarm Forums (http://www.dinofarmgames.com).

20. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Free codes!

By the way, if a couple of Touch-Arcaders want to check out Auro, here's a couple of free Auro iOS promo codes!

4W7HRH7AA9XE
    7LFL77NE39JK

Enjoy :D