Universal Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure (by Dinofarm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Great news! I'm waiting since the first days.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Woohoo! Thank you.

3. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  4. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Ugh, I have yet to win a game on level 9. I get close, but then do something stupid. I do wish there was an undo button. (Especially after firing off a flame spell in the exact opposite direction)

Curious thing, I did a few practice rounds on Madness setting and have won two that way, having only tried a few times. I think the density of enemies makes getting higher scoring combinations easier.

Or just dumb luck.

One thing that bugs me (aside from my skill) is that when I start a round, the score pop up comes up after about 2 seconds, where I have already started moving. It would be better if it were immediately on the screen. As it is it feels like an interruption.

5. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    As to misclicking, we may implement a "fat fingers" mode, where you need to confirm every command. A simple "undo" button is way too abusable. This may help, though. You don't ever need to tap an exact tile. All abilities and movements are designated to "one sixth" of the screen. So as long as you tap in the general direction, you should rarely miss your mark.

Yeah, in madness mode, you can get CRAZY points because of monster density. It is no even remotely balanced. In fact the whole function of madness was just to be a bit of silly fun. But that may go to show why we're very careful about monster density in the main game.

And yes, that "delay" bug has been with us a long time. It's on the long list of bug fixes, so don't worry!

As always, thanks so much for playing.

6. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Maybe an undo could cost 1 barrier. (But the undo really isn't needed)

It wasn't really miss clicking. I was thinking that when I fired the big flame spell I would get pushed back. I was thinking so much about the direction I was going to get pushed that I fired in completely the wrong direction.

/facepalm

7. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Thought I'd share this thread with you guys. We're working on some improvements to the hardest monsters (we call them T3) monsters. Basically they're currently kind of flat. You know how with Slimes, Brutes, Troggles, they all threaten you, but also if you're smart you can use them to your advantage? We think that the T3 monsters should have a little bit more of that.

Here's the thread. Feel free to weigh in (either here, or at Dinofarm!)

http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/improving-the-t3-monsters.1543/

8. Blake.Reynolds

Blake.Reynolds Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    pssst...

Hey. I hear the PC version of Auro will be landscape...

[​IMG]

9. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I really like the idea of where you guys are going with the monster changes ! I'm excited ! (Curse candy giving you one cooldown) yes at least they won't just sit in my inventory ! Lol keep it up guys !

10. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Thanks Esty! By the way, that image Blake posted is the new title screen for the PC version which we're working on. More exciting news soon!

11. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looking forward to the long promised scoring and rank fixes.

13. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    How soon will that announcement come!? The anticipation just may kill me. I guess the small patch will hold me over in the meantime.

Can't wait to see more Quillsh notes too!

14. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Version 1.30 is up, which should fix a lot of the scoring/rank issues, LordGek (actually it's up on Android, should be out on iOS in a few days).

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Is it going to improve the appearance on iPad's?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yea! :D

17. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    klink: Yes, it should fix the problem where it appeared as a tiny little thing on some of the newer (Retina) iPads.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Great, so loaded up this game and it gets stuck on the first "loading...". iPhone 6+ 8.1.2. Is this a known thing?

19. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Just updated to 1.30.

The 60fps is a nice change, but the resolution of the graphics has noticeably dropped, at least on the iPhone 6+ (latest OS). The splash screens also pop around the screen a lot when loading. Hope these issues can be fixed.

Nice also to see the Level 9 drop to 75. The jump from normal to hard and 70 to 80 seemed way too high before. Was that the 'significant score error' in the notes?

Looking forward to testing the jump into character on teleport, to see if that's changed.

Cheers --

20. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    graphics finally actually look proper to me on the 6 Plus, no more blur in game. The loading and main screen are still blurry though.