Universal Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure (by Dinofarm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    doesn't seem like the graphics are updated for the 6 plus, any plans on that in the future?

2. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Well it's about time! So glad to finally see this on iOS.

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Change the icon to some of that awesome pixel art #####

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    How different is this from hoplite?

I really didn't get into that at all but from the comments here and the reviews of the android version make this sound ace

5. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Hoplite is a lot more puzzle-like, because you can see the whole level initially. So theoretically the ideal way of playing is to calculate out the whole level before even making one move. While Auro is mostly deterministic too, there's hidden information (you only see a part of the level at a time). So it becomes much more about strategy (uncertainty, decision-making, risk-taking etc.). Still the devs made sure that it's never unfair. You always have at least a couple turns to react to new information that enters the screen and the random level generation, while varied in terms of terrain and structure, doesn't swing too far in terms of difficulty (essentially there are fixed "monster pools" for the levels whose order is then randomly picked, besides the randomized layout).

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone describe the main campaign a bit more? How many levels? Is there a character level-up system? If so, what is the max character stats? Is there an end to the main campaign? Is there an endless mode?

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok nice one thanks

8. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Not a huge deal, but this doesn't seem to mute when I use the mute button on my phone. I realize I can mute the game within the app but still, might be nice to have.

9. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  10. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Also, I'm nearly finished with the tutorial. I can understand why you want to make it a bit easier, but I suspect this more difficult version is going to better prepare me for the full experience.

11. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Lead designer here to answer some questions!

- Can someone describe the main campaign a bit more?

PLAY MODE is the main way to play. Have you ever played an online game, like League of Legends, Starcraft or Chess? It works that way. You play "matches" and if you win a lot, you go up in rank and play more and more difficult matches.

- How many levels?

If you mean PLAY MODE RANKS, there are actually an unlimited number of them, but I haven't seen anyone get past around 15 or 16 yet. If you mean dungeon stages, they're unlimited.

- Is there a character level-up system?

No. Auro is a tactics game through and through and has very few RPG elements. It's ALL BUMP, NO GRIND.

- Is there an end to the main campaign?
    - Is there an endless mode?

There's no end. Auro is designed to be like a part of your life - a thing you do, like how you play guitar or learn another language. Except, more fun. :D

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    100 Rogues was the game that got me into rogue-likes, and now that's one of my favorite genres. Don't even need to look at a video to buy it.

13. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ah ha, the wittiness is strong with this one... I likes.

14. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Thank you for this game, work gorgeous and looks awesome!

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I haven't had this much fun in a tutorial I'm quite sometime ;).

16. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, same. Even though that's the purpose it serves, calling it a "Tutorial" almost undersells it somehow. Training mode might be a better title.

17. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Downloading it right now after watching the tutorial video. Judging by it I would like to throw in my two cents.
    It would be nice to have some simple customization options. You know, not like some promoted gimmicky fluffabubs (heh, fluffabubs) but some subtle stuff instead. From the UI (which could probably use some deeper work around, from my perspective) to character personalization options. That being said- the developer definitely has some incredible sense of design, so there's no doubt you surely have some fresh ideas to cut through! I know, it's hell of a job and will probably take forever but the game is obviously going to be a constant thing in a lot of people's devices worldwide, there's no doubt about it!
    Gonna spend all day tomorrow playing it, I know I'm gonna love it anyway. Threes is gonna have to step aside for a while and that means a lot!
    Thank you, best wishes and good luck!

18. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Ok you changed the icon and its glorious.. Did I have anything to do with it? Just say yes ##

19. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Another roguelike.. Why not

Attached Files:

20. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Luciano! Put it next to 100 Rogues :D