iPad Audiosurf being ported to iPhone/Touch???

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nate5911, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
  2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  3. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    2 thoughts:
    -You will not be able to use your own music with the current SDK limitations.
    -That blog ONLY mentions iPod Video, not iPod Touch or iPhone.

Anyway... I don't think it will be great until we can use our own music. But the PC version is great!

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
  5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    The blog just says "iPod" which is very ambiguous...

I was "about" to buy the PC version and I guess I am going to wait and see which one I should get.

6. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    The moment the SDK was announced I wrote an e-mail asking if they were planning to port it (unfortunately I can't find the e-mail). I was responded to immediately and he said that he already had the SDK and felt that Apple was holding out on some secrets that could prevent such a project to reach its potential.

But it is totally coming to the iphone

7. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Woot! Will be fun once they let us use our own music and enter the high score leaderboards aswell :)

8. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Gah! Please come out for the iTouch with the use of Custom Music. When Audiosurf was initially released on Steam, it instantly became my favorite music game of all time....yes, beating Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

This game will have so much to offer if it comes to the iTouch/iPhone. Fun, beautiful, and competitive.

For those who haven't played it, get it on the PC. Its not expensive at all.

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    A bit off-topic: can the PC version play on any music? Say, I were crazy, is it possible to play Audiosurf on the fourth movement of Mahler Symphony No.6 (usually lasts longer than 30 minutes)?

I wish the Apple version will be as fun as the PC version (even if it is at a price).

10. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
  11. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Thank you OP, just spent the last 10 minutes watching youtube videos.

I LOVE these type games and this one looks beautiful! CAN'T WAIT!

In fact, i think i'll hunt down a copy of the pc version to hold me off!

Thanks again! :D

12. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Are we SURE we can't play our own music? The iPod clickwheel game "Phase" allows that....

13. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Not saying that I wouldn't LOVE to be able to use my own music but maybe it would be too difficult to program the game so that it uses the beat of any and every song you could think of.

I was sorta bummed about tap tap not allowing this as well. Looks like so simple of a game that it wouldn't be that hard, but I guess it is or rather time consuming.

=/

Meh, as long as they included 100 songs or so I'd be happy enough. =)

14. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Looks disappointing, hopefully that was it in its very early stages and they are improving it for the iPhone platform.

15. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    The problem isnt programming song charts, those can be done with a program, which is what Phase did. The problem is that Apple does not let developers use the music off of the iPhone in the current software development kit.

16. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Yes. The game analyzes the music you choose and adapts to it. There is no pre-analyzed music. Its all realtime.

17. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, if the iPhone version turns out disappointing, I may jump to the PC version instead.

18. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    waaaaaaait a second.

this blog was last updated in May 2008... and it's a Dutch developer. The Audiosurf guys are in Washington state. This doesn't smell right.

I put in an email to Dylan at Audiosurf asking him to comment...I'll let you all know what he says.

19. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    From Dylan Fitterer, Audiosurf developer:

"Hmmm... I hadn't seen that video before. That looks suspiciously like a video of an Audiosurf run being played back on an iPod :)

I agree with you that Audiosurf would be great to have on iPhone, I'm just waiting for apple to open up the music library (as you mentioned in the top 10 list).

I do have a big update coming to the PC version very soon with the largest new features being unicode support and localization. It also includes a new mode optimized to run well on netbooks so that will be a good way to play Audiosurf on the go."

Sorry guys...

20. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Oh Rally?

Thanks for the false info coconutbowling lmfao jk, well not really >>
    Oh well good thing there are other things to look forward in 2009 ^^