Universal Attack the Light - Steven Universe Light RPG (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 1, 2015.

1. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    For my money, this was the best use of $3 I can recall for some time. Excellent game, loved the combat and skill-ish based action. Kept it engaging while not getting frustrating. Top notch animations and overall polish too.

Very much like to see this engine or concept at least applied to another RPG/dungeon crawler. I've hit 100% on this one, and I am ready for more! Kudos to Grumpyface for making an unknown (to me) IP memorable and compelling.

2. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #62 Shwqa, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    So I beat the game and garnet is super good. I stacked all my level up potions on her. And by the early 3rd world she could beat entire battles with a single rocket fist. She beat the 3rd world boss in two hits with the items sweatband and the lowest star item. In the 4th you can get the grumpy badge which gives +30% attack at the cost of -50% defense. She became the wrecker of worlds at that point. Most fight were ended in a single rocket fist. The "hard" fights were rocket fist, +3 stars, rocket fist. She beat the 4th world boss in two turns as well. And the last boss in 5 turns. In the end her stats were:
    HP 45
    Attack 20
    Defense 5
    Luck 7

I didn't even find the lion badge or her badge until after the last boss. I didn't want to make things even easier. Once I got the lion badge, I just went to the last 3 arena I needed to do and just rocket fist every fight.

Edit: on the other hand my pearl and amethyst were pretty useless. I tried to make them useful but in the end I just gave them defensive badges and had them soak up hits and generate stars on blocks. Sometimes pearl would mop an enemy with the last remaining action point, but even then she would fail to the last 1/8th of health pretty often.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This. Garnet was amazing the entire game, but pearl and amethyst only served on certain occasions. Pearls spear throw and fireball are great, though. Amethyst's basic attack coupled with a fire/poison gem makes her incredibly useful.

4. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012

Garnet was the most useful for a while but then I realized how crazy OP Amethyst was. Give her some luck and power added with a gem for extra luck and the gem that can insta-kill she pretty much defeated a group on her own. Against enemies with the armor use her 4star attack where you have to swipe and more than half the time I could instantly kill them.

I'm missing one red gem to unlock a stage and I have no idea where it is lol.

5. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeah I'm missing a red gem too. I know there was a red gem in a shop in world 2 but I bought that one. There is probably another red gem in a shop somewhere.

6. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Do you remember what stage in world 2 had it? I just started watching the show because of this game lol.

7. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    For those who beat the game, how long did it take? I'm not looking for an especially long game, and imagine this might fit the bill.

8. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Takes about 30 minutes to an hour to be a world. And there are 5 worlds.

9. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Sounds good to me — thanks for reporting back!

10. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Are the levels supposed to reset? When I went into the third world, all my gems went back to 9001 level. Or is this a bug?

11. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Anyone else having trouble finding the last red gem? I beat the first 4 worlds 100%, but I can't finish 5-4. Already beat the last boss. Is it in the last gauntlet stage?

12. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    I got 100% on every world.
    Is there anything else to do?

Any update planned?

13. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    #73 Fep52, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    I can't find it either. Have completed everything else, though I'm unable to finish World 3, I can't get through the red gate after the boss.

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #74 Solarclipse, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Hmm...I wonder if there is a bug in the 100% report than. Maybe t would be more prices to go through the various levels to the end and make sure you have found everything from the completion screen?

I'm on world 5 and just used a red gem to go back in world 3...wondering if I should save a red gem to use for the last or not...

Edit: beat the game and got everything. There is another store in world 5 which sells a red gem. There are also a couple to find hidden in rocks and what not...they are definitely all there!

The last boss was way too easy...this game could really use different difficulty levels...and a bonus something for all levels 100% complete, an extra challenge would have been nice. That's my only gripe though. Everything else worked....and the characters grew on me.

15. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    #75 Fep52, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks solar, I'll run through world 5 again and see what I find.

Edit: found it! In hidden shop, level 2-4

16. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Thank you so much!

17. kofrman13

kofrman13 Active Member

May 29, 2009
    About to get this game but want to play it on both my iPad and iPhone. Does anyone know if the game saves are backed up in iCloud?

18. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    They are.

19. kofrman13

kofrman13 Active Member

May 29, 2009
    do you have to manually enable it? I just got the game and got 25% completed of first world on my iPad, launched game on iPhone and it shows 0% progress. And I'm signed into to iCloud and Game Center same account both devices

20. kofrman13

kofrman13 Active Member

May 29, 2009
    Never mind it worked! Just took 10-15 minutes to sync. All good!!