Universal Attack the Light - Steven Universe Light RPG (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Super Great!

Loving it! Level of polish on this game is incredible, well done guys!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The more I play the more I'm enjoying it... It's definitely got that something that keeps you wanting to come back to it that most all other Grumpyface games have.

And even on my little iphone screen, I haven't mis-tapped anything throughout gameplay. The story's and the leveling up's pacing are both great and knowing that there's quite a bit that I'm going to be able to come back to is... Well... Even more greatness piled on top.

Great great great great stuff... All around. Everywhere. IT'S EVERYWHERE!!! =oD

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    haven't played this yet but will play soon after I try to get a new high score on the quest keeper :3 looks amazong

4. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

We are swamped today, so a little late on responding but THANK YOU so much for the kind words!

I wanted to give a quick PSA about some known issues that we are submitting a fix for today/tomorrow, so you can watch out for them until the fix goes live:

1) When warping into any level (while the big huge beam animation plays and the characters appear) if you pause the game, your chars in the pause screen temporarily show at level 1. This is a temporary bug and there is a small window of time for this to happen -- it's only if you pause right when the level starts. HOWEVER If this happens -- do NOT equip a badge from your badge inventory while your characters are showing at level 1. It will cause your characters to de-level to level 1. However: If you pause at the start of a level and see your chars at level 1, but don't touch your badges, everything will go back to normal when you unpause -- this issue only happens when interacting with your badges while pausing on the warp pad at the start of a level.

2) If the game gets interrupted while opening a treasure chest, when you come back to the game you will not be able to open up chests until you force quit and restart the game, which will fully fix the issue

3) If possible, try not to multitask out of the game when opening up puzzle walls, this can cause issues.

If anyone encounters any problems, please feel free to direct message or email us at [email protected] and we will do all we can to help

That's it for now, we are working actively to provide fixes. Thanks again all!

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Congrats guys. #3 on the paid charts, and #110 on top grossing in the US. I hope this continues.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    **already wondering if there's anything planned for the Uncle Grandpa crossover**

=oP

7. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Umm this game is mega sweet and congrats on being #1 on the App Store!

8. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Wow, we are blown away to have hit #1!!! Definitely celebrating tonight!!!

Thanks guys! :D

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah!!! Holy stuffins!! Congrats, guys! I hope this can translate to LOADS more games in the future!!
    =oD

There's really only a handful of developers that I, personally, feel COMPLETELY deserve that #1 spot in the AppStore... Grumpyface is definitely one of those few. It's so so so so great seeing this game hit the top of the charts. And not just genre charts... ALL GAMES CHART!!! WOOOOO!!! =oD

Again, congrats!!

10. objectsobjects

Apr 1, 2015
    I don't watch Steven Universe though it fills my Tumblr dashboard constantly but I have to say, this game is absolutely beautiful and I'm so delighted to see a solid, original turn-based RPG from an IP like this! I love turn-based games (and frankly action RPGs rarely work on iOS sans controller support) and I love to support this. Definitely will check out this dev's other games.

11. milkchan

milkchan New Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Love steven universe, this game is just icing on the cake. I can't get enough of paper Mario type RPGs
    I just have had bad luck with the game lately because my data reset? One problem erased the gems progress and set them back at level 1, then I defeat the boss again and the next stage Stevens items were gone? I had all the badges and abilities I collected for Steven and the gems but it's been ruining my experience a bit. Still a great game I'll take time to sit down and probably play it all the way through but it's just a little unfortunate

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This game got an 9/10 from Destructoid.... Bought.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh it deserves it! I just beat the first Gauntlet stage... I love love LOVE this game!! =oD

Great write up too... =oD

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm almost done with the game, and I'm wondering if there are plans to add more levels?

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I went back to replay stage 3-4 (the boss stage), and used the gem sync before the end of the battle. After I beat the turtle guy, I couldn't use the gem sync again, but it was trying to force me to (wouldn't let me tap anything else on the screen except for the pause button), I had to exit n go back home/restart the stage...

Just a little warning to people... When replaying stage 3-4 (if you do), do not sync before the end of the battle...

16. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I've never experienced the series this is based in but have found the game an outstanding experience that streamlines the rpg systems and mechanics to a fine art. Combat is engaging, exploration is fun and the art style/writing complement eachother perfectly. A meta-rpg with a sense of humor.

17. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    You really need some spoiler ethics.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've only watched the show a couple times, but bought this because of Grumpyface and of course, they didn't let me down. I'm loving this game. I'll try and leave my 2 cents once I get a little farther.

19. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #39 B30, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    A big thanks to Grumpyface, this game is very good — it's worth every cent.

Edit: Nominated for GOTW

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow