Universal ATOMINE (by Broken Arms Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809_2, Sep 7, 2017.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for pointing it out just downloaded it I do enjoy a good dual stick shooter, I think it’s one genre that suits iOS really well but so many seem pretty shallow. I think the last one I bought was probably Tesla vs lovecraft. For me throwing in RPG elements make games so much better for me.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk my favorite twin stick shooter is still Geometry Wars 3 and that's probably gonna last forever. Even though it's been pulled from the App Store for whatever reasons, it's still available for download from purchased list. But I'm glad there are other enjoyable titles and alternatives, Atomine included.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I made it to that first boss and nearly killed it by died when it was so close to death. It doesn’t seem like there are any sensitivity options on here? I feel like the aiming joystick could do with speeding up but I guess it’s speed is intentional if we weren’t given the option to change it?

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk it may be dependent on the primary weapon choice and the modules in general. I’m using electricity and it feels faster than one shot cannon. Laser on the other hand feels even more responsive, but it does less damage. If the sensitivity is bound to a certain weapon type, it’d make sense there’s no additional settings in control menu.

syntheticvoid and ste86uk like this.
  5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I also love Rush Rover. It’s a rogue lite with upgrades (but nothing carries over to next game aside from weapon crafting unlocks I think). The main negative to me is it doesn’t save mid game so I have to rely on the iOS multitask resume, which is totally unreliable. A complete play through is about 45-50 minutes to me.

I’ve been tempted by Atomine a long time ago but forgot about it until I saw the post now.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #106 syntheticvoid, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    ^^^to save in Rush Rover, open your upgrade screen, select 'Game Menu' and then 'Main Menu' - you'll be asked if you want to save.

=)

And agreed; it's a FREAKIN FANTASTIC title.
    It's also great seeing a lot of the Radiangames getting added to GameClub this past month/month & 1/2. I think Fireball SE will always be my favorite out of the bunch. But Inferno+ (If you haven't already snagged it) has upgrades and stuff you'd prolly dig if looking for RPG-like attributes.

As for sensitivity, yeah, it'd be kinda strange if you could basically 'break' the weapon's little differences in responsiveness by moving a slider in the settings screen. But if they could make it so that those differences scale with a slider.... it might be nice to see....
    <shrug>
    Both sides of the coin. =P

I think it's a bit more noticeable while playing with a controller on PC, no idea if this supports controllers as I have a corded USB controller and don't have anything I can use with my phone....

Meh....

tops2 likes this.
  7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Omg! Wow. Never knew that. Now I can start playing this again! I’ve lost count the number of times I start a game to have iOS kick it out of memory so I’d have to start over. Eventually I stopped playing cause of this... ;)

But thanks for the tip, like old times where we were all more active here. :p

syntheticvoid likes this.
  8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, yeah, NP.
    =P