Universal ATOMINE (by Broken Arms Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809_2, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    it is much better after the latest update, my only problem is the movement contral need to be more precise, maybe smaller the deadzone?

BTW, I just purchased the pc port of the game yesterday, the movement is much easier to dodge, so I think it is the next move for dev to improve the game on mobile port, good luck!

2. sYntiq

sYntiq Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Hiho.

Bought Atomine some Days ago and have a lot of fun with it. Runs fine on my iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 11.
    But... There is one wish i have for a future Update: It would be very nice if the Display of the OnScreen-Controls during play could be deactivated when I play with a MFI-Controller.

3. dudleywigley

dudleywigley Member

Oct 31, 2013
    The game now runs on my iPad mini 2 - frame rate is very low and glitchy and the sound has gone. Luckily I can still play it on my iPhone 6s - hope this info helps!

4. YvesHohler

YvesHohler Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    New ATOMINE update is out!

As always performance, and battery consumption is the primal fit in this update.
    But we also have some news:
    Now you can choose between Dynamic, fix or hidden controllers :D

5. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    I got you :D

Now you can disable controller in the Main Menu settings

6. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Thanks for continuing to update this app. Not seeing much performance difference in terms of fps on my 7+ from the previous update. Possibly this was to optimize further on lower end devices?

Either way please keep updating this. If the frame rate can be improved further, it will make the game so much more playable. It's playable now, but I can't get past the first boss yet. I see YouTube vids of the pc version and hope that type of performance can be achieved on our phones. This is an awesome game that hopefully continues to get better.

7. sYntiq

sYntiq Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Great, thanks. Now I can enjoy ATOMINE in all its glory. :)

8. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Evaluation in Steam is good, but not in the App Store. Is there a reason?

9. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    When it released on iOS there were some performance issues, though these have since been fixed. Only thing i could really think of. Really is a great game though. ^

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My only annoyance with the Steam version was lack of leaderboards. Does it track highscores in the iOS version?

11. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The update was recently processed. And now it is on a temporary discount. :)

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Color me confused.

I have unlocked all sorts of modules so far, but in that base ship I have yet to see any of these modules in the field nor can I find any way to change my current default configuration.

Will things open up once I clear the first boss?

13. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Hi LordGek, sorry for late reply, you can not change the basic setup of the character, but when you unlock a new Module you unlock the possibility of the module to be dropped during a run!

14. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
  15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just picked this up... and LOVING it.
    Also picked it up on Steam. They're having a $0.99 sale ATM.

Love the graphical style. Love the HUGE amount of modules that you can customize your... thing (I can't think of the name of your 'character') with.
    The unlockable.... modes? Starting setups? That you can play with is great....
    and it's pretty challenging.
    I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, but I'm not just a 'casual' player either - and I love the challenge.

Thank you Broken Arms, for porting this game to the iOS platform.
    =D

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Currently free....

Maxime0683 likes this.
  17. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Nice find @syntheticvoid - thanks for the heads-up. This obviously flew under my radar, so I’m definitely giving it a try. Better late than never. Right?

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Fo sho-fo sho!
    =D

Depending on your iDevice model, you might need to mess around with some of the settings to get it to play without frame rate issues.
    I had to turn the screenshake and glitch effect off, but I'm still playing with a 6S, so....
    =P

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @syntheticvoid oh, doesn’t seem to be an issue for me. Also, the glitch effect looks supercool, it’d be a shame to turn it off.

On the other hand, this seems like a pretty hardcore twin stick shooter. I made it to level 4 boss a few times but got my ass kicked every time. Luckily, with each run I’m unlocking more weapons and stuff, the only thing to progress further is to find out which one to choose to have an edge. So far the electricity is my favorite. Anyway, I’m very pleased with this game so thanks once again for a great find.

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh - well, right on!
    =D

<shrug>
    My phone has always had issues....
    =P

Though, I've always kind of accepted that my phone won't look as good as when I play games on my PC - but yeah - that glitch effect on my laptop is super cool.
    =D

As for the difficulty - it totally kicked my butt for the first few days... but after I unlocked a few of the upgrades (note - I was VERY surprised by how many upgrades there were....) - I was able to finish a handful of games. But even then, I didn't see everything, because I skipped out on most of the special levels (where you can open up those 'bonus' areas in-between a few of the stages....) - and I'm still spending my earned coins on upgrading the different shot types (what, over a year later.... yup - over a year later - not that I've sunk a HUGE amount of time into this, as Dead Cells has been the 'main game' for me this last year - but.... there's a LOT to upgrade here).

Really hope this stays on the store and that more dual-stick fans come across it....