Universal ATOMINE (by Broken Arms Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809_2, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    well after the update, the game is playable, but the contral need some improvement, also the "frame per second" is still not enough(need 60 fps), I am using the iphone 6 plus.

2. YvesHohler

YvesHohler Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Next update (early next week) Will adress frame rate!!! #

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

That's good, iPad mini 4 iOS 11 beta, pretty choppy

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the really fast update! My phone doesn't get hot while playing now. Still a bit 'choppy' but playable. Looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work! #

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Still crashing on iPad air1. The difference is that now I manage to go through the step that you select your hero and waiting for the stage to load... but there crashing. I don' t know if more optimization could do any trick or we with 1gb ram machines must forget this game.

6. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This. Although it still can crash on loading screen too. Refunded

7. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Pls add iCloud synch

This game is easy to pickup but difficult to put down. Pls add iCloud synch for multi devices.

Also found a bug where after using mifi the touch control on both sides just shoot but can't move. Pls fix! Thx

8. dudleywigley

dudleywigley Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Thanks for quick update - still crashes randomly on iPad mini 2, sometimes immediately, sometimes gets to "loading" and sometimes just whitescreens - never actually gets to the game itself - works well on my iPhone 6s though! Would still love to play it on my iPad - it's a great game!

9. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Hey all, what Mfi controllers are you using w this game/for your iphone ? i'm looking for one atm, but not sure which one to pick up yet. I have he iphone 7 plus

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    No offense, but you should expect as much. iPad mini 2 is not up to par for a game like this, or really any of the newer games coming out.
    It should state minimum device on the AppStore.

11. ForestCrunk

ForestCrunk Active Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Cool intro

I really enjoyed the intro. Unfortunately the game keeps crashing after the load screen. I just now bought it hoping the update had addressed all the performance issues people were having, but so far I have been unable to actually play it. I'm gonna hold on to it though. No refunds here. I'm glad the developers are in the forums answering questions and trying to make it right, that's always a good sign. Besides, I love me some twin-stick rpg-shooter action. So I can wait for the next update. (I'm playing on a 6s btw.) In the meantime time I'll just fire up some Neon Chrome or Xenowerk.

12. Anotherkellydown

Awesome attitude.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yeee haaaa!!

Someone hit the button!! The game downloaded on my LTE data!!!

Thank you devs!!

I've been playing. I really like this game! I haven't had any lag or crashes. I'm using the iPhone 6s+ running the latest IOS 10 update. I always keep my iphone updated.

I've unlocked a bunch of modules so far. I'm really loving it. The twin stick action is damn good. I love setting them up in a corner like a kite and taking them down one by one.

I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. It should appear by tomorrow morning. I'm glad I am finally able to play. Thank you devs for flipping the incremental switch so I could download off of wifi. Thank you very much for a fun game! I love the entire premise of the game too. The entire stuxnet virus idea is fantastic.

Billy

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Crashes on my Air with the latest iOS under the hood

15. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Did the description previously say the game is still in development? All the crashing seems to be on devices with 1gb or less of ram. Hoping this isn't a finished product as games like real racing 3, oceanhorn, anomaly series, and infinity blade all run on devices with 512 mb ram no problem. Devices with an a7 cpu or higher should be able to run this game without skipping a beat.

16. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Update is coming

Hi folks,
    as last time thank you for the amazing support ^^

As the title says a new update is coming (I hope before the end of the week), we searched all the issues you reported and we have several things that don't work together.

Mainly all issues are memory related, the game is pretty big in terms of textures and unfortunately old devices (everything before ipad mini 3 with A7 chipset) doesn't support the texture compression we use, that's why the game saturates memory and often crashes. Especially for those devices we are removing some camera effects, scaling resolutions and delete most of the particles, this will increase both CPU and memory performances.

For the rest of the device we are optimizing the performances reducing some particle effects and especially removing camera effects.

I want to say that the game has been thought as a PC game, but because we are mobile developer first, we didn't want to miss AppStore, so the only way we have to increase performances is to reduce a little bit some visual effects that are way too much to be handles by iOS devices.

Saying that, we are trying to send to Apple a new version this evening, so before end of the week will be released, I'll post another message as soon as we have done that.

I hope you are all enjoying ATOMINE and you will enjoy this version even more!

Thanks
    Yves

17. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    How is new version

Did we get the new one? Anyone tried new version yet?

18. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Just got the latest update. Have to say frame rate is much improved on my 7 plus. Frame rate is now a more consistent 30 fps. Game is now playable which is great to see.

Hope there are still more optimizations coming that would further improve the frame rate past 30 fps for super fluid gameplay. If this is all that can be done, it's definitely playable and I can definitely enjoy the game in its current state. Thanks for the quick turnaround on getting this update out!

19. Anotherkellydown

Came to leave a "thank you" to the devs on the update. Agree 100% with matyou98. The game is totally fine on my 7+ as well. Phone still gets warmer than usual but it's hardly noticeable. I wouldn't mind some further optimizations that would hopefully bring that battery heat down to nothing.

Anyway, having fun unlocking those upgrades and discovering what all the little collectible perks do. BTW, there are a LOT of weapon mods and bonus items to collect. That, along with the smooth (and fun!) dual stick combat are what makes ATOMINE stand out from some other similar titles.

20. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Hi guys,
    we are so happy to hear all those feedbacks, we literally worked nights and days to make this update. Will there be more updates coming? Yes for sure, when? Hard to tell, we are porting the game on console as well so we are pretty busy at the moment but we want to improve the experience for our iOS user so we will do out best to come to you asap.

Thanks
    Yves