Universal ATOMINE (by Broken Arms Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809_2, Sep 7, 2017.

1. YvesHohler

YvesHohler Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Unfortunely this is not on our plan, we are addressing first all the crashes, but I'll let you know in case we work on that.

2. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    Ok ATOMINE version 1.1 is in waiting for Review by apple.

We tried to fix as many bugs/crash as possible in this short amount of time.
    We made also the first steps in a better overall performance.

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'm very interested to see how the update fares. In the meantime, I've paused from sending over my shekels

4. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Mifi is the bomb!

Yes you can use the touch screen for dual control, but using a controller makes a huge difference! One has more control over the movement as well as shooting. Man loving this game now!

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Isn't it just a button switch with the AppStore? A lot of big apps allow it. I just updated a 2 gig app with no problem. I once asked and they said the developer has to enable it.

Well I paid. Maybe I'll be able to play someday. Thanks anyways.

Billy

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #46 Son of Anarchy, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Hi YvesHohler, I know you guys are busy trying to fix crashes and bugs. When you finally get the time, can you please answer this question from KeKhan. I think it got missed among all the crash reports. Thank you #

Edit:
    My embarrassment says thank you.

7. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    The very next post is the answer

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm enjoying this very much with no crashes on iPhone 7+ iOS 10.3.3 However, my phone gets really warm during the gameplay. The frame rate drop is noticeable as well, but I'm glad I grabbed this.

I love the visual style (great menu UI too) and I love shooters of all kinds. Plus the fact that you have stuff to unlock is really nice. The menu UI looks super slick and functions well. Hopefully, with time and our support, Broken Arms Games can smooth out the rough edges of this otherwise fantastic mashup of genres.

Thank you to YvesHohler for your responsiveness here on the forum. Much appreciated. :)

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: iPad PRO 10, with latest production iOS

Observations: the graphics is cool, the layout is neat and the frame rate seems fine at 30 fps or so. No crash so far

Summary: this is not Cave

Commentary:

1. on screen control is a crash. I tried to "rub" the shoot control and randomly it has no, zero, null response. It is not even lag in my book, the player unit just sit there doing nothing at times. This does not happen in Nobleman

2. The map does not show any possible passage to other rooms you may have missed

3. Even though the walls are semi-transparent, still not transparent enough. The first game over is caused by my unit "stuck" at a corner, and the walls effectively shield me from watching the unit being blasted to death... Can produce screenshot to prove

4. No instruction telling me what is the use of the dark room at the very beginning and this room is also not on the map.

Proposal: I have a strong feeling I am asking for a refund

Moking: TA should be more careful of what to put in the front page

10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    how can I choose modules when i'm using MFi controller?

11. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Sure you will want to upgrade to iOS 11 as you have an iPad. though having run every iOS since I had my 3GS, on phones and then iPads, iOS 10 is fine, I've never had issues with my nimbus controller and iOS 10 either. Not real world ones!

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Unfortunately this is close to unplayable on my iPad Air 2. Crazy laggy (and yes I killed all other tasks). Was looking forward to this, so hoping it gets an update soon.

13. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia

game of the week

14. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I bought many ipads since the Ipad 2. I don't want to see my ipad pro getting slower/ clunky. Also There is a bug in IOS 10 which prevents you to erase the cookies (they are persistent).
    My ipad 2 was fine with IOS 7 but problems started to occur with IOS 8 and now it is slow as hell on IOS 9.3.5.
    Besides I won't update to IOS 11 because of the stupid decision of Apple to ban the 32 bits apps.

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    On a 6s+ with the settings turned off, it’s playable. But man is it battery draining. With the roguelite elements I would take some seriously toned down graphics in favor of gameplay. It’s pretty self explanatory on what to do I think as far as roguelites go.

Just wish it ran a bit smoother.

16. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Very very choppy game. It needs more time in the oven.

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes unfortunately I had to request a refund.
    Totally unplayable due to lag and low FPS.
    Frankly, it shouldn't have been released in this state.

I'm using latest model iPad mini 4 with latest iOS. I play every other high-end game on the market with zero issue.

It LOOKS like a fantastic game, and I will keep my eye on it. I would definitely pick it up in the future if they are able to smooth it out. I hope they do, and I wish the best of luck. This has the potential to be a fantastic title and something fresh in the twin-sick genre. But not yet.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    When I turn off the various settings, they don’t seem to stick. I press “confirm” but then when playing the game, they’re still on (like the glitching effect).

Agree that it’s incredibly battery draining and phone starts to run hot.

19. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    For me twin stick shooters need to be buttery smooth to be enjoyable and this looks really choppy so - pass.

20. YvesHohler

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    #60 YvesHohler, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Apple approved the Update.

Next step, we are working on the next update really fast and we are targeting performance and fully MIFI support.

Thank you so much for the crash/bug report. At the moment the situation is ( as i understand from the forum)

iPhone 6= choppy;
    iPhone 6 s= good;
    iPhone 6 plus = could be better;
    iPhone 7 = good;
    iPhone 7 plus = could be better;

iPad Air 2 = Really Choppy;
    iPad Mini 4 = Choppy;