Universal ATOMINE (by Broken Arms Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809_2, Sep 7, 2017.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Runs very poorly on my iPad mini 4. (Latest model)
    Lots of lag with the control, not fluid at all. Makes it basically unplayable as it's hard to move/shoot precisely.

Screenshots look great, and I love the style, but couldn't play more than 1 minute before shutting it down.
    I hope this gets ironed out...

2. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Can we please get a gameplay video?

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Similar experience on an iPhone 6S Plus. Not unplayable but the lag and frame rate itself make it less enjoyable than other dual stick shooters on iOS.

Looks really promising if performance issues can be ironed out.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
  6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Dev,
    Can you set the game so it can be downloaded incrementally. I don't have access to wifi and I just bought it and it won't download on my unlimited data plan lol.

Billy

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I have a ipad pro and I don't want to update to IOS 10 (too many issues with this IOS).

8. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Glad I saw that before the "Yes!!! Buy buy buy!" fully took hold.
    I shall wait and see how the performance question is answered.

9. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    "Still under development?" I didn't see that mentioned in the App Store. I'm very interested in your game but that statement concerns me. We all expect updates with a new game, even some bugs, but there's a difference between that and beta testing. I generally don't get charged as a beta tester, and I certainly know beforehand that what I'm playing is still in an incomplete stage. The game looks great and I'll purchase the game when I hear it's ready for prime time. I totally trust the forum for that.

10. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Crashes on my Air too. Same place, second try it went just a bit further (heard the sound, then crashed)

11. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Crashes on iPhone 5s.

12. Punchram

Punchram Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I also cannot get it to work on 5s, crashes each time after loading screen.

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #33 Duke12, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Is it possible intro video is culprit? Ive managed to get to main menu if I constantly tap the screeen when it says loading

Edit: its not I guess. Crashed again when choosing stage or whatever that cube was

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    6+

Crashes sometimes on startup.

I've got to level one, and completed it twice.

It then crashes on the intro to l2, and crashes every time I attempt to continue.

Have tried disabling all fx, as it gives the appearance of working my phone pretty hard (actual glitches and stutters, in addition to those that are meant to be there).

However.

Still crashes.

Love the aesthetic when it does work, tho.

15. YvesHohler

YvesHohler Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Game designer
    Italy
    #35 YvesHohler, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone, I'm so sorry you all are having all those issue/crashes, all the team is working hard to fix it asap so you can have a better experience.

Today I wrote that the title is still under development, I want to explain myself so you can better understand what's inside a development process. The title is complete in terms of features, we are still working on content update (so you can play with new characters/weapons/against new enemies) and we are still polishing some area of the game we know are not that good (one example: we are doing some audio mixing done by real professionals), we are not, in any way possible, charging all of you as beta tester, we are only doing our best the get to you the best product possible, unfortunlet this requires times and a lot of try and error.

Our lead developer is addressing right now (9:14 pm) the crashes, on all our devices we have never experienced those crashes, we are working hard to have un update for you all asap, if you are having any crash, please report us, not only your device but also OS version and, if possible, steps to reproduce it.

In the meanwhile, I want to thank all of you that already buy the product, please keep supporting ATOMINE and indie games in general.

Thank you
    Yves

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Will you allow incremental downloads please? I'm not near wifi for the next few weeks.

Billy

17. BaronMunchausen

BaronMunchausen Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017
    It's nice to see the developers are responsive and working on the problems. I've only played one level and it was awesome (haven't had time for more since I'm in Miami and preparing for Irma to turn my life upside down). Anyway, I'm on an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS. The first level played beautifully and I can tell these guys have made something special here. I did notice there was a very long delay on the first load screen, but that was it. I'll play more later and report any crashing, but I loved what I played so far (controls and graphics are beautiful).

18. mallouk

mallouk Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Too much lag impossible to play can pass level 2

19. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    iPhone 7+ here and game starts off with a decent enough frame rate 25-30 fps. The further I get the choppier the game becomes. I made it to the 4th level once and the frame rate was so bad I died because of it. This game without a doubt needs better optimization or graphics sliders to allow for better performance.

20. BaronMunchausen

BaronMunchausen Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017
    If you're on an iphone 7, it shouldn't matter technically since your phone should be able to handle this sort of game without any trouble. I can't imagine the devs made this so that even the latest iOS hardware struggles to handle it.