Universal Atomic Super Lander (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Sep 7, 2016.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The leaderboards don't come up for me, anyone else ? What's the top places looking like ?

2. Thanks for the info! We are on it

3. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Tips for getting started,

To arm bomb, hit lights as they show up

If you collect the little coin thing on each astroid you can take a spin of the slot machine after you beat that lvl

Watch O2, if it's getting low, stand in bubble or ship for a few seconds

If your ship gets destroyed sometimes there is another on the astroid and if not, you can still detonate the astroid and sacrifice one of your men "lives" and still beat that level.

4. Great tips! Thank you for sharing! =)

Leaderboards will kick in soon. Will note here when they do

5. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Yo wtf the nuke keeps auto failing without even letting me try on the second asteroid. The game is unplayable for me.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I just replayed it again and got to asteroid 5 fairly easily - the trick with arming the nuke is to press the color buttons as soon as they light up, don't wait. Then you don't have to memorize them (and its faster)

7. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Fun game but it needs some work imo. The plot machine is not satisfying at all. Sometimes I need to pull the lever two or three times just to get it to work and it just feels janky. I know it's a nitpick but the slot machine in jet pack joyride was half the fun for me because it just felt good to use. Secondly how lame is it that I can press the buttons as they light up when I'm arming the bomb? It defeats the purpose of playing Simon when I can just do that. If those two issues can be addressed that would be great. Otherwise fun game.

8. Acid

Acid New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Games Developer
    Thank you for all your feedback. 1) Leaderboard is now working, the update is in App Store. 2) We'll get to the Plotmachine right away - oh, and it helps if you add your phone/pad model in your posts.

9. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks!

10. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    #50 Cigarekt, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    I agree with your points, while this game is being a faithful representation of dungeon crawler, it has little to no sense of advancement. One day I will have played for 1000 hours and still have yet to obtain a single cog. This needs a fix (e.g bonus cog if you finish under predetermined time).

If the game is designed as such, the most efficient way to farm cogs would be repeatedly doing asteroid 1 for a spin. Easy and fast. But, this isn't healthy.

Another point is, this game doesn't reward you for getting far in game. Assorted enemies? More objects to interact with? More bombs to arm? NOT tempting. More superpowers, please. Any improvement to our character would be equally good. We players enjoy if our character gets stronger even if they actually aren't, because it pleases our eyes. And most importantly, a sense of "growth".

11. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    I played for 2 hours and got four cogs. I agree with your other points though.

12. Cigarekt

Aug 17, 2016
    You were just lucky. There is no skill involved in winning slot machines. My point was that the only thing that marks your advancement shouldn't be solely accessible from something that doesn't require any skill/grind.

13. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Sure there is, you can actually stop the machines on what you want.... I unlocked the vault ship after like 4-5 runs of the game.... I really haven't played that long...

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I definitely agree with your point that there should be alternative ways to get cogs, but there IS progression in that you're essentially "leveling up" when you unlock the extra ships (and the benefits that come along with them). It would be cool to get the chance to upgrade your character, sure, but that doesn't mean you're not progressing.

Kinda.

Because, yeah...sure, you're given the opportunity to get those cogs, but you could play for hours and not get a single one. Absolutely.

15. Cigarekt

Aug 17, 2016
    #55 Cigarekt, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    "When you unlock extra ships....."
    Which only happens IF you are lucky. My point is still there. I have been playing for 3 hours and not a single cog. Of course, I couldn't blame the slot machine! Am I to be blamed//punished for my inability to pilot the slot while, at the same time superbly detonating countless asteroids?
    Absolutely!

Except, the slot machine guarantees either another token/life/cog then I have nothing to argue against, albeit still a little pissed.

16. Acid

Acid New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Games Developer
    Many players have been struggling with the triggering mechanism. It is designed to be a reaction mini game, not a memory mini game, but some players wait for the whole sequence to complete before pushing any buttons. We have changed the start of the triggering, so the principle should now be really clear for everyone. The update is under review by Apple, let's hope it'll be available for everybody soon.

As for more cogs and more upgradeable content, we are working on that. Stay tuned.

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    ^ that's great to hear, this is a super fun game, I feel like it can go a long way with more content.

For the slot machines for the most part I can get a extra life or cog 80% of the time, my trick is that I watch the pace at which it comes up and keep a beat to myself. So on the beat I click and do that for all of them, the tricky part is the last wheel since it's so fast but I can still get it to work especially with cogs since you get 2 cogs in a row a lot of the time on the wheels. Hope this helps some what...

18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    You are mistaken you can time it to stop what you need ...

19. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    No skill? Dude all you have to do is watch the patten and stop it at the right times. It's really quite simple.

20. yepyepyep

yepyepyep Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Hey! So does this game not work with the Siri Remote at all? Aka this is the first Apple TV game that requires MFi? Oh and on the key features page it says works with MFi, Xbox, and PS4 controllers? Can you explain how that works?