Universal Atomic Super Lander (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Sep 7, 2016.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Sold!

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Same here - randomized levels put me over the edge.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, installed filesize?

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Goes. To show no matter what genre these guys attempt they hit a home run. So impressed. The humor is makes it that much better and the controls are on point

5. Installed size is somewhere around 200MB

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Why am I getting denied on planet 2 when I try and plant the nuke thing ???

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks Aulix.

8. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    #28 Cigarekt, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    What does the bubble (from breaking boxes) do? Also, how do I obtain gears besides roulette machine?

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I believe the bubble is like a shield. I'll have to ask bitWeird about the collecting of more gears.

10. I was confused about that, too. Apparently you can (and have to) tap the colors while it's still showing you the sequence instead of waiting.

11. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Is this better on the iPhone (not plus) or iPad?

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Whaaaa?? That's weird on the first level I just repeat it right after.... Strange

13. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I'm actually having the same issue. The nuke interface keeps auto-closing on the second asteroid, can't arm it

iPad Air 2 running latest iOS10 beta

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Happy to support the dev, but man.... 5th asteroid and I am bored. It feels like the same thing over and over. Presentation and gameplay are top notch. But I don't have any reason to go back. It's like a really stylish rogue like platformer.... But they just included the Zelda pot throwing mechanic with jumping. So it gets repetitive.

Worth a couple of bucks, definetly. Worth playing over and over, not for me.

15. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    So far id have to agree, but only made it to about 6, if I get to 10 and it's still the same things you see in 3 then ..... Eh.

Still very polished otherwise and fun to play, just would need MoRE to mess with, I'm going to keep playing till I at least unlock more ships to see if it changes things up

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You guys have seen the trailer, right? The game is essentially a dungeon crawler and a very, very good one at that. Yes, it's absolutely permadeth and the asteroids get harder and harder the more you progress. More enemies, much more obstacles to avoid both during platforming and landing and just one superb idea after the other. Lost your ship? Blow yourself up and move on to the next asteroid...you just won't get chance to get a cog in the game of slots and of course you're one man down and a step closer to death. Genius, subtle and waaaay more deep than it seems on the surface.

17. Acid

Acid New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Games Developer
    #37 Acid, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    To those who are struggling with the nuke triggering: You don't have to wait 'till all colors have blinked. You can start pressing them right away. However, if you get the order wrong, the triggering will be terminated and you have to start all over again.

18. The bubble is an oxygen station. If your O2 gets low you can get it replenished standing in there. You can also pick them up and take em with you =)

At the moment you can get gears only from the roulette machine, with careful timing

19. You can also get oxygen inside your ship. Oxygen makes it so you have a sort of limited range outside your ship. You can ofcourse move your ship around or attempt to look for oxygen stations from boxes, which can be a lifesaver sometimes =)

20. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    You just have to be quick... press the colours as soon as they light up (you don't have to wait till the end of the sequence)... I had the same issue till I figured this out! :)