Universal Atomic Pinball Collection (APC, by Color Monkey and Nena)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anders, Jan 9, 2015.

1. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I may not appreciate the girl screaming "combo" in Rob but man... The Masks table is fantastic! I like the way every shot builds to an event, love the wrestling matches and the sounds just really work well together on that table. The speed is great too as I tried playing Doc Strange on the Zen collection and it felt like it was in slow motion. I had to increase the table angle in Zen just to get the speed up after the Masks table.

Couple of comments... It's a little strange to lose all your multiball progress when you lose a ball. I know it's pretty easy to achieve multiball in the first place but I can't think of another table, real or virtual, where you lose progress like that.

Also it's not immediately apparent how to earn an extra ball... I first thought it was simply hitting the right loop five times but now I'm not so sure. Also not sure how to relight the ball save on the two outlines. I assume you have to keep lighting the four lights in the inlanes and outlines but this might be worth a mention in the game rules.

What would really top this thing off would be adding a couple seconds of a "grace" period when you lose the final second ball in multiball. The full size machines do this as nothing feels quite to so satisfying as squeezing in one last jackpot as multiball ends.

Another multiball feature some tables use (and its a good one!) is to have a single shot flashing at the end of multiball.
    You have maybe 5 to 10 seconds to hit the shot to relaunch multiball. This REALLY adds tension and satisfaction if you pull it off.

Anyways I hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice. I only rambled on this long because I think the Masks table is the very best video pinball I've played. Great work indeed!

2. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Oh... Also during the ending match sequence you have a line malfunctioning in your "DMD". The far left side has a yellow line on as you wait for the number match sequence. Sorry it kinda bugged me ;-).

Also it might be more fun if hitting the flippers stopped the sequence like a slot machine. You wouldn't win any more than usual but it would make the experience more engaging for the player. Same thing goes for the random awards in the tequila bar. More fun than just sitting there waiting.

And concerning the DMD animations... Man they are really well done. It would be easy to overdo it in a video game version but they have the same "packed in as much as we can in a four shade framework" as the Williams or Stern machines. You guys did your research well.

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    How so? A more serious theme?

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Awesome awesome fun! I loved the original so I was happy to grab this new version with optimization for iPhone 6 Plus!

The only issue I've come into was when I went to grab the IAP's today. I was able to quickly buy the 'Masks of Glory' table but when I would go to purchase 'Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot' table the IAP was only oscillating the first table 'Masks..' I tried closing the game and going back into the 'Rob.. Table' but I was unsuccessful purchasing the second table. After a reboot and a few hour I was able to get the 'Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot' table thankfully.

Now I just want to sink my teeth in to this as I haven't enjoyed a great pinball title in a long time. Job well done Dev. Happy to buy any future add-ons in the future! ;)

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    One more thing.. I know this isn't the right forum but I'd love to see this hit Android as well. So Godspeed to your success!

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #46 Eoghann, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Just found a bug on the luchadores table. I got an extra ball on the tequila bar. Well shortly after I threw the ball back there and it didn't go in. It stayed right on the brim. And now the whole table is frozen. If I shake it I get a warning and the flippers and lights work but nothing is moving. Was forced to restart. No biggie but it was weird

Attached Files:

7. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    I'll get to replying to the other posts, I just wanted to let you know the update is out. It's mostly bug fixes and some graphical tweaks. Will hopefully submit another update soon.

8. aphextwin007

aphextwin007 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    I love these tables! I was wondering if you guys are going to release any new tables?

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Anders, I really wish to get the old organic moving camera back, maybe as a third option. It was way better for me on the iPhone 4S than the new moving cam that just jumps up too quickly showing the upper flipper at the very bottom of the screen, hard to press in time. Besides that, nice to have the glass in Masks.

10. pantofis

pantofis Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Sadly this game won't install on my ipod touch 4, since it's for ios 7 or higher... I hope there will be an android version, so I 'll get it for my samsung phone.

11. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah when there are no replies in a game thread the game falls off the "hot new games" list at TA and disappears.

The more chatter the more visible the title and hopefully more sales.

12. sot

sot Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Hello Color monkey i bought atomic pinball collection on ios,Rob-O-Bot on android and i enjoy them a lot!
    i have a little request/suggestion if it can be made into the games : local high score saving and viewer please,
    applegamecenter is bad and i think it requires from you to be online to see your scores and submit them, thank you.