Universal Atomic Pinball Collection (APC, by Color Monkey and Nena)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anders, Jan 9, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    True iOS pinball bliss.

2. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is there a way to "restore" the in-app purchase of a pinball table? I downloaded the game on iPhone and bought the Robot table, then downloaded it to iPad. It wants to charge me again for the Robot table on my iPad.

Is the in-app purchase per device?

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #23 Eoghann, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    After playing both Robo v1 and 2.0, I couldn't decide on keeping just one. So I'm keeping both. I definitely much prefer the voices in the v1(specially mission control girl), but 2.0 has many great features(COOOMBOO girl not being one of them XD). Mainframe is a nice little bonus, plus the fact that it's easier to deduce what to do and where to launch the ball during missions. The lights clearly indicate where to go.

Also, is it just me or is the gameplay faster on 2.0? Could be an illusion caused by the camera. Confuses me a bit when the game gets hectic.

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I agree about the combo voice being annoying in the Robobot table. When I was complimenting the voice work in an earlier post, I was referring to the Mask table.

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Playing on 5S, and this is so beautiful, yet I wish there was a little bit of black screen at the bottom to let me see everything on screen without covering up the bottom with my thumbs. Either way, this is such a fantastic pinball addition to any iOS device. I haven't seen this kind of quality since Zen, and that's saying a lot.

6. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Oh ok, then I apologize!

How does it work on small devices such as iPhone 5 or older?

7. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Restore is hidden under "Options". In-app purchases are per App Store account so you just have to buy it once of course.

8. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Thanks!

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #29 Eoghann, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    My main gaming device is the iPad Air, but I was surprised to see APC work on my old iPhone 4! It sacrifices a bit of graphics in favor of gameplay but the loss is minimal. You can tell on the ball, it's a dull grey. Other than that it works great! The nudge is pretty much the same on any device. I started by slightly moving the phone but it only registered when I shook it like I was trying to get ketchup out of a bottle. :)

10. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    If you are going to add nudge, please look at Zaccharia Pinball's way of doing it. Pinball Arcade is great in general, but terrible at nudge.

Also, MFI controller support would be fab. But if this is used, please make bumpers, not triggers, the buttons to use.

Been a fan of Robo since the day it can out - same again with the updated table and new table, fantastic.

11. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    That's a good one definitely. Zac has swipe nudging versus tap nudging like PA. What I didn't like about Zac is that the nudging force seems excessive and the ball tends to go with the direction of the nudge rather than opposite.

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just leaving something here from a private conversation with Anders to see, if there are others with the same thoughts, or if I'm alone on that one:

"Regarding camera, I have to admit I love the close organic camera follow of Robot much more, since I play on a small iPhone 4S screen and love to be close to the action.

The new camera movement pops in suddenly, doesn't feel natural (it's like Pinball Arcade's). The old movement (of course you lose a bit of overview with this one) is more like the last camera setting of the Zen tables, which I always use. It feels more like your own eyes follow the ball.

But I will see how the new minimal cam feels with Robots. And if you ever add more options, then I'll happily take the organic close-up again."

13. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I agree about it at least "feeling" faster. I haven't revisited the original to see but the ball definitely speeds up right as it gets to the flippers from the inlanes making accurate aiming more difficult... and a little annoying.

For some reason in the last decade I collected a bunch of full-size Williams and Stern machines and I can tell you the ball doesn't suddenly accelerate right as it hits the flippers in real life.

Still a fun and challenging game though... at least you're not endlessly batting the ball around like it can feel on some Zen tables.

14. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Regarding the "speed". It feels faster due to the FOV. The closer to the camera, the faster it appears to move. It doesn't actually move faster, it may just feel like it.

The solution is to decrease the FOV and adjust the cameras (move back, perhaps change angle too).

15. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Just wanted to say thanks for the support and the feedback. I try to reply to everyone, but rest assure everything is read and noted and forwarded to the team for further discussions.

16. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    agree. Nudging in Zacc feels good, but the effect is backwards...

17. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Can't stop playing this, especially Masks of Glory, what a fantastic table. Already challenging friends score on Game Centre.

Hope you guys do really well with this game and people purchase those tables to support future development and more tables.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So, after working the bugs outta these two games, what are your plans for the next table/tables?

19. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you for the reply! I'm enjoying Rob-o-bot table so much I'm buying Masks of Glory now too! :)

20. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We are talking about numerous things. First we want to be satisfied with MOG and ROB before we move on.

We have lots of great ideas for new tables, but it of course depends how well these do.

So far most seem to want a more serious table.