Universal ATOM RPG (by ATOM TEAM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mastery51, May 29, 2020.

1. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yeah, not a modern ‘streamlined handholding experience’ but as a old player of fallout - I must say its excellent.
    A lot of fallout1 and 2’s bad ui and inventory system removed. And a pretty nice crafting system and skill tree.

when you start understanding the small confusing things, then its Smooth sailing and a pretty bug-free experience (playing on iphone11).

playing on normal and are not really struggling (maybe should have started on hard).
    With ok str and high dex, you can ‘shovel your way’ through the first couple of days.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #42 psj3809, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Update available. Hopefully fix a fair few issues

Just had a go. The text in the help pop ups is much bigger so that’s great

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Jeez is this update downloading the whole game again?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Seems to be, i didnt have enough space so i deleted the game and re-installed it as i hadnt got very far.

Looked around the area before the initial village and couldnt find much. Hoping to get further this time !

Jstorm likes this.
  5. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #45 mastery51, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    So far the improved performance update seems to be working quite well on my iPad mini 4. It also looks like they put a feature to automatically adjust the graphic settings based on your device, which I think is a good idea, it originally started with highest graphic setting. With the amount of time I have been playing with this update, I only encountered very minor frame drops in the high npc traffic areas but it seems to resolve quickly. All the reported text bugs seem to have been fixed as well. Overall good update.

Edit: Developers said they will continue to improve the games performance! They are hoping to have the game run on only 1GB worth of ram, which would be an amazing feat for such a large game.
    [​IMG]

Gwarmaxx, JasonLL and Lull4by like this.
  6. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is it fun or buggy ?

Most people here seem to complain about bugs.

I am a die hard fan of Fallout 1 & 2. I want to play this game but not if it is not polished.

7. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #47 JasonLL, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    If you’re a diehard fan of fallout then chances are you won’t be disappointed. The new update ironed out quite a bit of performance issues and the speed they were able to issue a followup patch I thought was impressive considering crpgs can be big intimidating complex pieces of software.

I wouldn’t let bug reports worry you too much as long as the devs on the other end are willing and wanting to make their game the best that it can be and usually the first wave of critique from cRPG fans will probably be mostly performance and bugs :D.

BlueTrin likes this.
  8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Trying to enter the Mysterious cave, but the game seems to be stuck at the loading screen.

I waited for good 5 minutes and still no luck. I do have the quest for the location.

Can someone tell me if this problem is unique to my save or the problem is on the location.

9. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    To be honest, it's less buggy than Fallout 1 and 2 were. The main issue I run into is the game being unresponsive when I die and then just hit continue to reload. Sometimes I need to fully close the app and load my save. But I'm dozens of hours in now and haven't run into anything too serious at all.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I must say the game is quite buggy atm. Even after the latest patch, I am encountering some dialogs that I cannot close because there is no dialog choice, locations that freezes upon loading, and frequently reloading the game due to weird movement bugs with the player character and companions.

While the game itself is fun, if problems I mentioned are unbearable for you, I suggest you wait a while until those bugs get rooted out.

BlueTrin likes this.
  11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I cannot finish dialogs with people related to quests in the circus. I guess I will wait until another patch is out.

BlueTrin likes this.
  12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Since the last update, it seems selecting the inventory has a very high chance of crashing the game.

13. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I have not encountered any bugs so far

14. XdareckiX

XdareckiX Member

Oct 21, 2015
    In tutorial section when you can train combat with two npc when I knockdown one of them game „stops” during their turn, npc wont stand up and I literally cant do anything. Trying to save game says „you cant save game on enemy turn” or something like that

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, the latest patch seems to have fixed some bugs but also introduced bugs that weren’t in the previous version.

As of the tutorial, the xp you get from the entire tutorial is negligible, so if you understood the basic control, you can just skip it.

You won’t retain any items you acquire during the tutorial either.

16. XdareckiX

XdareckiX Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Well, im having crashes every 10 minutes, And im still in first village

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Same here, well, I am far beyond the village, but the crash started to happen since the last update. I am staying away from this game until another patch is rolled out.

18. ErikSPdx

ErikSPdx Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 21, 2011
    I’m having a dumb problem at the end of the tutorial region. I’m wandering around the base, and I’m told to enter the “main bunker” when ready to continue. What building is this, & how do I get into it? I thought it might be that big semicircular building, but I don’t see an openable door. I can get into the storage building, med center, etc. What am I missing?

19. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The opening to the bunker is on the left side of the shooting range, just below the boxing ring. A doorway with a blue light above it. It’s a very large building on the outer edge of this map.

emape and ErikSPdx like this.
  20. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Still playing now (ended up restarting when the latest update came) and it's getting better and better. In the latest build I haven't run into any crashes or noticeable bugs. Tons of depth and content to be had here, and it's basically the next best thing to having Fallout 2 on my ipad.