Universal ATOM RPG (by ATOM TEAM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mastery51, May 29, 2020.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    That’s good to hear and hopefully they see enough success on mobile for the release of the expansion down the road. Even without optimizations it’s definitely a steal at the current price. So far I’ve been enjoying the game quite a bit and appreciate the stat heaviness of the game.

mastery51 likes this.
  2. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Just like “Sakara” said above stomp on the rat with your foot or you could run away. Each turn move as many spaces as you can from the enemy until you are out of their view (until you get a message saying the fight ended.)

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Got the game and started playing this morning.

The first glitch I ran into was in the tutorial area, when trying to use the grenades. When I tap on a target to throw them, they immediately explode in my face. Since no other instructions were given, I assume I'm using them right: equip grenade in hand, tap grenade, tap target, explodes in face.

The second glitch was in the first town. I've equipped the shovel I took from the cornfield as a melee weapon. My melee weapon skill is 60. I'm on the mission to gather the toadstool that are around the outside of the fence. No trouble killing the spiders, or the ants. I miss occasionally, yet I hit more often then I miss. BUT. The wasps. Sometimes I can kill them, and other times I _never_ hit, even if it makes the "hit sound" thunk. And I always have around 47-50% chance. If you miss a ~50% chance – on more than one battle – 10+ times in a row, that's not a 50% chance.

When this happens, I change up my strategy: I walk 4 steps, end my turn, wait for them to catch up, attack once, then walk 4 more steps. Eventually I end up near one of the gate guards, and they kill the wasp like it's nothing. It's tedious, but it works. Except the last time before I decided to write about this. The guard shot through me to kill the wasp and I took 17 points of damage.

I haven't had that happen with any other creature yet, just the wasps.

I look forward to playing again after the next update, where I hope these glitches are fixed.

Oh, and I also learned something about bartering that I didn't realize. If you offer a bunch of stuff, but don't take anything from the person you are bartering with, you don't get the money. They just take your stuff.

So that has me wondering about later game inventory management. If I don't have anywhere to safely store my stuff, then it's always on me. And if I can't convert scrap/useless items into coin without taking something back, there will come a point where my carrying capacity is filled with stuff I want to keep.

Maybe it won't turn into the problem I expect, but I'm quite annoyed I traded off 46 rubles worth of stuff for nothing. Considering how stacked against you the start of the game is – the first thing that happens after you leave the base on your mission is that you get robbed and are left with an empty canteen and nothing else (at least that's all I could find) – missing out on that money is rough.

4. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I've grabbed this right now even though I'm not so good at reading English.
    But I've heard this is Fallout like. It's must have!

Downloading, looking forward to playing it

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Experienced same issue with wasps, they don’t take damage from shovel if you hit them. I did find an old knife which would damage them but it broke. That’s right, a wasp broke my knife. They are easy to outrun but definitely a pain.

Regarding trading, you have to select the traders rubles if your not going to trade for their goods.

Collin likes this.
  6. mastery51

Oct 21, 2009
    #26 mastery51, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    I think the wasp has a really high evade percentage, so they are pretty hard to hit. The advanced targeting button helps. You can hit specific areas of the enemy with higher hit chance I believe. You do miss though sometimes, even with a pretty high hit chance.

The Advance targeting mode:
    Click to activate adv. targeting Mode> click enemy, the targeting menu comes up> hold down the different body part options to view the hit chance of each part> release on the target you want to hit.
    [​IMG]

Collin likes this.
  7. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    What I would like to see is a button to center on the character. I sometimes give walking orders through the map screen and afterwards it's hard to find your character.
    When I was young I was a big fan of Fallout 1&2 so I find this game fantastic.
    I experienced a few bugs. Sometimes when I get into a fight I get attacked but I can't do anything myself. I can click on the enemy but I can't attack or walk to another square.
    So I never forget to save a lot!

8. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I'm using iPhone11Pro
    I saw heat warning display,was first time to see.
    Might need to decrease graphics settings

9. mastery51

Oct 21, 2009
    I agree, that might be a nice feature to have. Right now we could only use the digital joystick. the camera will zip back to your character but that would stop all walking orders from map Selection.

Developer said an Update is coming this week, to potentially fix the performance and heating issues and other bugs. Hopefully.

solarnya likes this.
  10. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That's sure not intuitive; I didn't even notice they were "selling" rubles. At least now I know it's an option. Good to know.

As for the wasp breaking the knife, I didn't realize this game had destructible weapons. Fun. Also, I have killed wasps with a shovel. It just seems like if I miss with the first hit, I'll never hit again.

If the goal is a form of realism, then they shouldn't make it possible for a player to sell stuff for nothing. When is that ever something someone would do on purpose? I guess if the game has a monkey's paw somewhere.

I'll give that a shot, although I still may wait for an update or two. I'm a bit put off of it at the moment.

I was playing it on an iPad Pro and the movement once I got out of the first room was really janky, so I dropped all of the settings down a notch and haven't had a problem. It still looks fine to me as well. It did seem like it killed my battery pretty fast though, but I wasn't paying attention to where I was when I started.

11. immafirestarter

May 7, 2020
    Male
    If you aren't hitting anything, just use aimed punch or aimed shot instead. Also your stats (and weapon stat requirements) play a big role in how accurate you are.

Honestly, the port isn't great so far. I'm playing on an iPad Pro and there is crashing, lag, text off the screen and other small issues. Hopefully updates will sort this, but maybe lowering settings will work for now.

As for the game, it's fantastic. Persevere through the jankiness and you have a game with a fantastic story and dialogue, fun tactical combat and a huge variety of items and locales.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Definitely on my wishlist, but wont be buying till I see if patching solves all the current problems, and if it gets better optimised for the iPad Pro.
    I wonder if they even beta tested this port?

13. immafirestarter

May 7, 2020
    Male
    I think that’s the right way to go. I bought it at launch but it’s pretty much unplayable in its current state due to crashing every 5-10 minutes. I’ve played almost 50 hours on steam so it’s not the end of the world, but I just feel bad for new players put off by the port who may miss out on a great game.

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    While game does crash from time to time, the game is fairly stable on my iphone8.

I agree that the game is buggy, for example my char stops responding to my move orders if I die and reload a save game, but the game is still playable for me.

As someone who loves classic RPGs such as fallout, Wasteland, and many D&D titles, I am finding this game quite fun.
    If anything, while joke references to STALKER and fallout are funny, I feel it’s overdone. I hope their new ATOM RPG has more original jokes.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Seem to be struggling with this, accept lots of mini missions. But i have no money, no weapons (got given a shotgun with no bullets) so if i meet anyone i get killed easily.

Went south of a town into some weird 'red' area where the gameplay slowed down a ton and kept getting killed by bandits. May watch a gameplay video on youtube to give me some tips

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Are you doing quests? Many quests near the starting area give you 500+ rubles.
    Also you should use the zip pistol or the pipe rifle until you get some real guns/ammo stocked up.

Also if you manage to handle bandit random encounters, you should get nearly a 1000 rubles worth of items per encounter.

Also, having a high speechcraft skill helps earning extra cash from quests (10~20%)

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I googled when that happened to me. Apparently you need a throw level 60 to operate grenades. You will not have the requisite skill. Yeah. I know.

Collin likes this.
  18. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bizarre... So if you don't have the requisite skill level to throw it, instead of the game telling you that you can't throw it, or it going off course and landing not quite where you intended, it falls at your feet and blows you up. Just bizarre.

19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth

stubbieoz and Collin like this.
  20. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    This game took me a little while to get into, but now that I have a character through the first areas with a couple teammates and some good guns, I'm having a fantastic time. It could use a little bit of help in the early game, but wow is this a fantastic fallout-alike once you spend some time. Lots of area to explore, plenty of loot to find and some fun strategies to work out. Just managed to survive a crazy 3 on 7 fight against better equipped enemies by planting a bomb where their ambush is going to spawn, so you can do all kinds of fallout style shananigans if you're interested.