Atari's Greatest Hits -> ALL GAMES FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by strivemind, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    You cannot restore later by merely syncing with iTunes. These are IAP, and once you remove the game from your device, the individual IAP are gone. The only way to retrieve them in the future for free is if you create a backup and then do a full restore of the device down the line. I don't recommend that because all of your other games will also be restored to the state they were in on the day you made that backup. If you want these games, you have to download them and keep the game on your device... or pay for them... Saving the ipa file does nothing for you...

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

The next point why I LOVE IAPs. :mad:

Even if that worked it would be too much hassle for me. You are right:

Some apps provide a "restore IAPs" button. But you never know if the button will be still there if you re-install the app months later.

3. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #84 dib, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    And this is one of many reasons why jailbreak and Appbackup are awesome.

4. Went back to playing this and played with the control options for each game, didn't realize that alot of them had touch controls. Wow, changing the options to touch control made the games even funner due to the instantaneous controls, also changed the sensitivity to maximum. Boy, what a difference it made to each game. Made me really appreciate this app alot. Ahhh the memories.

5. VOGamer

VOGamer Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    What if I have it on my ipod and want to play them on my ipad and it is not installed on ipad? Can I sync it?

6. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    If you sync your iPad with iTunes, all you'll get is the main app. You will still have to download the games individually. Do it now while they're free. If you wait until after the promotion, you will have to purchase the games even though they already live on your iPod.

7. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    This has nothing to do with IAPs. This is only an issue for this FREE offer. All the games that you actually bought within the app are free to redownload any time on all your devices.