Atari's Greatest Hits -> ALL GAMES FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by strivemind, Jun 27, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It took me about 15 minutes, felt like longer though. Kinda brain numbing. Like playing Angry Birds.

2. Yeah, I spent two hours hard at work for a ten dollar program... $5 an hour, way below minimum wage, but it was worth it for the nostalgia. Also kind of reminded me of my mame days and loading countless roms to find the golden nugget. This time around it is Tempest, plays so well with touch control.

Thanks again Atari, now hopefully Namco can follow suit with their mega emulator.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    So agreed. Everything else like Yar's Revenge is gravy.

4. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Damn, better finish dloading all of these >.>

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Awesome freebie! Thanks for the heads up! :)

6. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    How do you know which game do you own just by looking? I am at the first tab. Is it the ticks at the left side telling you you already own this game? Cos I think I bought some of the packs back then but I don't remember.

7. I don't think there is anyway to know which games you have already downloaded. It should tell you, but I can't seem to figure out a way. I wrote mine down on my text notes, but other than that, I got no idea how to check.

Curious too if tomorrow, people can still download the games for free, and whether if they delete the main program, whether they can restore their games or not.

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Man, this is really awesome. I just spent some time playing Hangman, of all games. It is such a wonderful peak into history, seeing what gaming has become, but also how fun and polished it was back then (when you select the letters in hangman it plays the alphabet song, for example). It's like a gaming history museum where you get to try out everything. I love love that they included the manuals.

In the Dutch appstore this app has an average rating of 2 stars. That's so sad.

Surprised this isn't on the TA front page.

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Soo...to get them all, you have to go download each individually?

10. Yuppers.

They really need a download all button.

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ok..

Usually there is a buy all button, but I guess they don't want their free users to have that convenience :p

12. bititch

bititch Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Because of all the people who don't read the description, and think it comes with all he games for free. On the NZ app store there's either people who love it, or (sadly the majority) those who feel entitled to the all the games for free.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Apparently, the deal is still going on, right? I just started the app today (couldn't do so yesterday on my slow wifi :p) and got the "Celebrate our 40th..." messsage!

DL'ing all the arcade titles now!

14. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Thanks for this! I put it on my Dad's iPad and he's having a blast replying his favorite games. Although controls are a major issue. I think I might buy him one of those iCades

15. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Hi can you give me the correct path to find this file? Is it in iPad root??
    In my case I confirm that the total amount of documents & data in my iPad is 163 MB

16. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Do you have used "phonedisk" as me to determinate this amount? in my iPad root I've an amount @163MB saved in an external drive

17. kelsncoco

kelsncoco New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Atari Sale Extended!!

The Atari's Greatest Hits sale has been extended to 12pm EST today! If you didn't download yesterday, get it today! All 100 games are 100% free!! :)

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone please tell me how to download the freebie? I downloaded the app yesterday (and today again), but I never saw the message that this is free. I am still seeing the normal IAP purchase price.

Please help!

19. Did you try deleting the app, closing all programs, powering off then on, then reinstalling the program?

Are you in the US? Maybe some countries aren't doing it. That's all I can think of.

20. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    any news friends??